• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Know This Is Random As All Hell…

OrionNebula

But has this ever been confirmed/clarified? Do we know what it is, now?
6rSrPF5.jpeg

Shifty1897

It seemed to be a tease of a new Uncharted (especially after 4's ending), dunno if Bend or Naughty Dog was developing it but something clearly went off the rails. Change in leadership, GAAS push, development hell. I hope we find out one day.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Where did it appear? I don't remember it at all. It looks like Ellie in Uncharted.

Care to explain?
Part of a Sony sizzle real:

To me it’s 100% clearly Cassie based on the close up and general style.

Last edited:

Three

Part of a Sony sizzle real:

To me it’s 100% clearly Cassie based on the close up and general style.
Oh, it was a live action ad. I thought it was game screenshot 😅

FunkMiller

Gold Member
The sizzle happened after they did rethink the strategy, come on now

The Last Of Us GaaS debacle wasn't shit-canned until December last year. Perfectly possible for another unannounced project to get cancelled during that year so staff could be moved over to it, before it was also wisely cancelled.

Zheph

The Last Of Us GaaS debacle wasn't shit-canned until December last year. Perfectly possible for another unannounced project to get cancelled during that year so staff could be moved over to it, before it was also wisely cancelled.
maybe but you guys like to jump to doom scenario quickly. Let's wait for the presumed showcase to see if we get another glimp of this or if its dead

Duchess

It was meant to be a spin off Uncharted game, staring Cassie Drake.

Nathan and Elena are killed by some mysterious baddie, so she needs to find out what's going on, and travels the world before finding an ancient tomb to raid.

etc.

OrionNebula

It seemed to be a tease of a new Uncharted (especially after 4's ending), dunno if Bend or Naughty Dog was developing it but something clearly went off the rails. Change in leadership, GAAS push, development hell. I hope we find out one day.
That was my guess as well. That ‘soft reboot’ or something. But I just didn’t remember hearing or seeing anything else after that

Probably canceled, whatever that was.
Based on uncle at nintendo?

Where did it appear? I don't remember it at all. It looks like Ellie in Uncharted.
It was in a mash up trailer from sony early this gen IIRC

A blurry picture of someone holding a torch in a cave.
Now look who decided to bring their funny pants in here

OrionNebula

Could be new tomb raider as well.
Wasn’t this part of a sony first party reel?

Has Naughty Dog written all over it.
Sure does. Read some rumors about co-handling a potential new entry in beloved IP, but I don’t think any of this was ever officially confirmed

A cancelled project
Source ?

Oh, it was a live action ad. I thought it was game screenshot 😅
Looked like gameplay to me

It was meant to be a spin off Uncharted game, staring Cassie Drake.

Nathan and Elena are killed by some mysterious baddie, so she needs to find out what's going on, and travels the world before finding an ancient tomb to raid.

etc.
You don’t kill a character like Nathan. That’d be like killing Joe… nevermind…

Top Bottom