• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: Microsoft exploring bringing back catalog to Nintendo and PlayStation

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
Wouldn't they still be the best publisher on thier console? Having strong third party support has always been a win for any console, I would think they would consider it.
I hope so. They would have no reason to refuse Xbox games on their platform, and I don't know what but I think that Nintendo did sign something with Microsoft regarding the Activision merger so maybe we will be surprised in the next few years.

Ar¢tos

Well whose fault is that?

Maybe it's retailers but I don't know at this point.
Retailers don't really like selling consoles, they take a lot of space and the profit margin is very small.
If a console doesn't sell well their visibility in the store is reduced or completely eliminated (with the result of reducing sales even more). Some stores here have Xboxes in the back only, you need to ask a worker for one.

I wouldn't be surprised if next gen will focus more on direct sales, bypassing retailers whenever possible (Sony already does launch first on PS Direct in the countries where they run PS Direct).

jm89

Yeah. Just confirmed that NO Bethesda game goes anywhere, where Gamepass isnt. Phil verified with Parris. Guess that's that. Thank God
Phil verified with Parris?

Is Parris his boss now? Lol.

I can't see anything from Parris on twitter.

Last edited:

Zheph

What's with the 'Thank God' ?? 😄
Another good soldier

Greeting Us Army GIF by GoArmy

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
hopefully no more port begging for "trash" Xbox games? What would Nintendo and Sony gamers want with Xbox games anyway?
Different folks have different tastes. While those aren't for the majority, some may enjoy these Xbox games on PS and Nintendo.

I still don't understand why you have to feel a sigh of relief with a "Thank God" if that rumor turns out to be false. Do you not want Xbox to port these games to PS and Nintendo, increase their revenue, and help their survival in the industry? 🤔

Poor TimDog..I get so much joy seeing these shilling bitches get a reality check. All that whoring and shilling for a brand that has delivered nothing substantial or moved the market has gotten them nothing.
wgqyYIn.jpg

I'll never understand how people like that get such a following. It's quite weird behavior for a grown man to be so emotionally attached to a single brand like that.

Zheph

Imagine suggesting that the console that's expecting Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Rise of the Ronin, Granblue Fantasy: ReLink, Helldivers II and The Last Of Us Part II Remastered to come out within the next 9 weeks has no games lol
another soldier

Dj Khaled GIF by Kids' Choice Awards

jm89

Xbros sending @'s to phil and sarah on twitter.

When the man they need to be talking to is tim "whole slate" stuart

Last edited:

Pelta88

When Phil Spencer was boasting behind the scenes about people who would "Evangelise" any move they made, these are the people they were referring to. I've seen a lot of these clips over the past week and it's clear that these "Evangelists" prime concern is monetising the hopes of the XB community.

The day Satya announces they're no longer in hardware, you should expect these guys to explain why it's a good thing. While distancing themselves from their previous statements.

Last edited:

Zheph

Does that guy work for Microsoft?

I'm only asking because he says "we" a lot, like he's part of the decision making process.
we can say that in a way...
I actually thinks he is on the payroll as he presented some xbox events

Top Bottom