• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: Microsoft exploring bringing back catalog to Nintendo and PlayStation

Topher

Gold Member
st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

You are saying this MBG guy is a Sony shill?

Katatonic

So MS gonna try to use GamePass as the trojan horse into PS' wallets eh.

I don't see any demand for Xbox exclusives so dangling that carrot ain't gonna work.

Influencers and shill media getting ready for that Hail Mary.

Darsxx82

Among the most notable appearances of this guy is the announcement that MGS 3 Remake was exclusive to PS5 and developed by Sony, that Kojima was involved, he dressed up as Snake at the PS Showcase waiting for the announcement and when he saw that it was the opposite and also seeing it at the XBOX event..... Anyway, that appearance is on Twitter and it is pure gold...😂😂

Anyway, imagine pointing out Tom Warren while defending this circus character as someone with better authority of some kind 😂

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, I'm sure they're paying good money for those measly 90k subs the same as Tom Warren the senior editor of The Verge. The exact same picture.

I don't know why they have to be earning 1 : 1 to be comparable, they're both shills.

End of comparison.

No chance

I mean......theoretically if MS offered that at say $8 bucks a month (which would mean ports of all those games as well and potentially the ability to sell them individually on PSN), why would Sony decline? I'm not seeing how this negatively affects them.

It begins. It took the collapse of the Xbox console business and spending $70B on a massive third party publisher for MS to realize that they are a software business first and foremost.
Meanwhile they have a decent Surface division. I don’t expect them to leave the console space for some time.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Is this guy the PlayStation Tom Warren? He says Hellblade 2 is coming to PlayStation

I dont know if thats a good thing for this guy....or a bad thing that Tom Warren gets compared to this guy.

Bottom line: alot of ppl know who Tom Warren is...who exactly is this guy?

Last edited:

graywolf323

I dont know if thats a good thing for this guy....or a bad thing that Tom Warren gets compared to this guy.

Bottom line: alot of ppl know who Tom Warren is...who exactly is this guy?
Eh....one is a senior editor for a news site and the other is a PlayStation youtube guy. That was never a good comparison. If we are going to highlight a comparable shill then colt eastwood or someone like him....sure.
exactly, the only reason to try to say they’re comparable is to try to act like Tom Warren & the other shills in the press somehow aren’t as bad because look PlayStation has fanboys on Youtube 🙄

So MS gonna try to use GamePass as the trojan horse into PS' wallets eh.

I don't see any demand for Xbox exclusives so dangling that carrot ain't gonna work.

Influencers and shill media getting ready for that Hail Mary.
My opinion is that Sony will never let GamePass on their platform and the only way I could see it work is a special gamepass that is basically just Microsoft 1st Party titles.

However I personally would love if I could buy stuff like Halo/Gears/Forza on PlayStation a la cart.

Three

I don't know why they have to be earning 1 : 1 to be comparable, they're both shills.

End of comparison.
Who said anything about earnings?

Is this guy the PlayStation Tom Warren?
Two very different people.

One is just a shill who acts as an influencer. The other is this MBG guy.

And you replied with "they're the same picture" .

I don't think the MBG guy is "Playstation Tom Warren" and that has nothing to do with his earnings. He simply isn't a shill that has any influence or any clout to have an affiliation. It's telling that most people in an enthusiast gaming forum don't even know who he is. Now compare that to Tom Warren who is a senior editor of The Verge and does his shtick on BBC news, MSNBC, and even MS court documents and you'll see Heisenbergs point.

Last edited:
Who said anything about earnings?

And replied with "they're the same picture" .

I don't think the MBG guy is "Playstation Tom Warren" and that has nothing to do with his earnings. He simply isn't a shill that has any influence or any clout to have an affiliation. It's telling that most people in an enthusiast gaming forum don't even know who he is. Now compare that to Tom Warren who is a senior editor of The Verge and does his shtick on BBC news, MSNBC, and even MS court documents and you'll see Heisenbergs point.

MBG is pretty much on the same level of King Thrash Gaming. Basically they don't have enough influence to do anything.

Someone like Tom Warren certainly has that kind of influence though.

Astray

Gold Member
MBG is pretty much on the same level of King Thrash Gaming. Basically they don't have enough influence to do anything.

Someone like Tom Warren certainly has that kind of influence though.
Dude literally wore a full Naked Snake get-up for last year's State of Play, he's not connected in the least rofl.

Three

I think microsoft needs to get out there and talk about this stuff ASAP. Too much confusion. Just set the record straight.
The fact that they aren't getting out there and setting the record straight should tell you how much they care about this hurting console sales. That's not to say that they are coming to other platforms though. They probably love the attention their games are getting but don't care if it means people think less of Xbox now. They just love the attention their games are getting. Look at how Blade was revealed/covered as well.

Astray

Gold Member
The PlayStation version of Tom Warren would need to be some officially sanctioned mouthpiece on Sony’s payroll

MBG would be similar to someone like, I dunno, Matty plays maybe?
Mattyplays got in thru Cog and the Dukes podcast they share, he's definitely mentioned getting fed info ahead of time. And I say this as someone who likes Matty as a content creator.

There will always be brand evangelists, but it's not everyday that those brand evangelists get unofficially endorsed to such an extent.

King Dazzar

Having spoken with mystic meg and looked into my crystal ball. I predict that Xbox will move to an all platform 3rd party based approach, whilst still sending the message of retaining an exclusive first party perception for a time. With day one releases on GP and then a delayed release to the likes of PlayStation. That way in their mind they're giving exclusivity to some degree, but normalising the full move to all cross platform over time.

adamsapple

And you replied with "they're the same picture" .

I'm missing where the disconnect is, it is the same picture.

They are both shills who act like influencers.

It's telling that most people in an enthusiast gaming forum don't even know who he is. Now compare that to Tom Warren who is a senior editor of The Verge and does his shtick on BBC news, MSNBC, and even MS court documents and you'll see Heisenbergs point.

Most people on an enthusiast gaming forum don't know who many of the 'xbox shill' twitter people are who get posted. Not sure why that matters in the context.

MBG has been name dropped on GAF a lot, you can search and verify this yourself. Is it that he's being called a shill that's bothering you?

The PlayStation version of Tom Warren would need to be some officially sanctioned mouthpiece on Sony’s payroll

200w.gif

Three

I'm missing where the disconnect is, it is the same picture.
They are both shills who act like influencers.
Most people on an enthusiast gaming forum don't know who many of the 'xbox shill' twitter people are who get posted. Not sure why that matters in the context.
It matters when that is the context. You would be hard pressed to find many who don't know Tom Warren. So when we're talking about somebody being an influencer of course it matters in the context.

Like saying is Jessie Ware UK Taylor Swift? And most people not knowing who the hell that is.

Last edited:

adamsapple

It matters when that is the context. You would be hard pressed to find many who don't know Tom Warren. So when we're talking about somebody being an influencer of course it matters in the context.

Like saying is Jessie Ware UK Taylor Swift? And most people not knowing who the hell that is.

The enthusiasts would/should know 🤷‍♂️

But I digress, MBG has been mentioned on GAF since 2020's and that's where the search cuts off for its limit. Saying that it's a name anyone would have a hard time knowing on an enthusiast forum is hardly accurate either.

I agree with Topher Topher though, the only difference is that MBG isn't employed to a place like The Verge, in that sense MBG is more equivalent to that Colt guy, who also gets name dropped a lot.

Woopah

Wouldn't they still be the best publisher on thier console? Having strong third party support has always been a win for any console, I would think they would consider it.
I hope so. They would have no reason to refuse Xbox games on their platform, and I don't know what but I think that Nintendo did sign something with Microsoft regarding the Activision merger so maybe we will be surprised in the next few years.
Nintendo wants as many games as they want on the platform, since they get a cut of each sale. They'll treat Microsoft as a third party publisher.
Now imagine they were good games 🤷‍♂️

..Last of Us II. Gtfo :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Luckily no imagination will be required.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
he was and Xbox Shill. He had a a meltdown when crackdown 3 released...and then he cahnged his banner from green to blue :messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_grinning_smiling::messenger_grinning_smiling:
Are all PS fanboys on Twitter former Xbox fanboys? There was Crapgamer as well. That annoying Red Dragon fucker definitely switched. He has the characteristics of the others.

Are all PS fanboys on Twitter former Xbox fanboys? There was Crapgamer as well. That annoying Red Dragon fucker definitely switched. He has the characteristics of the others.
oh, i didn't know about those. i dunno if there are really high profile Play Station shills/warriors (endorsed by PS).

Maybe greg miller? 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom