• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I love garlic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weehomer

garlic.gif

I love garlic. Pizza. Pasta. It's all good. Chicken shwarma + garlic especially = heaven.

aoi tsuki

i love it too and usually eat it raw, but only at night when i'm not doing anything where my breath will be a problem.

Anyone have candied garlic? My mom used to make it, i think she simmered garlic and ginger slices in honey, then let them sit for a few days in the fridge. Sounds odd, but it's so damned good.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Can't say I've ever tried it raw, unless you count the big pieces that are sometimes in bread dipping oil. I do tend to use it in everything though. I have an old spaghetti sauce jar full of garlic that I chopped by hand and filled with olive oil. I know you can buy minced garlic in jars, but I'm cheap, and I like it this way better.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
My girlfriend makes this wicked chilli & garlic pasta, we use about 1 1/2 cloves of garlic, sometimes two. Garlic is awesome.

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
I doubt I'd be able to live without garlic. I love it so much I eat it during school lunch, so I always have to remember to bring mints or gum, or I'll be SOL

spliced

What kind of weak ass raw garlic only makes your mouth smell!?!

My mom ate raw garlic for years and I've tried it a few times and everything about you smells like garlic. You fart garlic, sweat garlic, breath garlic...you are garlic.

Dagon

I recently ate at Garlic & Shots in London. Every meal on the menu has garlic, as do *shudder* some of the shooters.

But, yeah, garlic rocks.

kumanoki

nitewulf said:
i like ginger.

My lunch today is lemon pepper ginger chicken salad.

I cooked the chicken breasts in olive oil, black pepper, lemon juice, and a ton of ginger. Mmmmm. Looking forward to lunch today.

Dyne

Garlic has tabs against my family. We like it, but our stomachs HATE us whenever we eat any recipe with it. We can tell even if a slight touch of garlic is in food.

It just doesn't sit well, so we've never understood the fascination people have with it.

Loki

Count of Concision
Garlic is great, yeah. The best is if you watch that show "Essence of Emeril", his audience goes NUTS whenever he mentions garlic, which is frequently. He's so over the top about it, too lol. He'll be like, "Then let's toss in, oh I don't know...87 cloves of garlic." <audience goes wild> :D

kumanoki

Loki said:
Garlic is great, yeah. The best is if you watch that show "Essence of Emeril", his audience goes NUTS whenever he mentions garlic, which is frequently. He's so over the top about it, too lol. He'll be like, "Then let's toss in, oh I don't know...87 cloves of garlic." <audience goes wild> :D

It used to be that way with that cajun fella. The late Justin Wilson. He'd be like, "Awright, we gonna add a lil' red wine......an a lil' more red wine......I got a story to tell you.....funny thing....a lil' mo.......yeah....Hooooo-weeeeeee, di gon' be some good eatin'."

The audience went nuts every time.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Garlic is awesome. I do my best to mix it with anything it sounds decent with. Which is most things.

Thank god it's so cheap.

Loki

Count of Concision
kumanoki said:
It used to be that way with that cajun fella. The late Justin Wilson. He'd be like, "Awright, we gonna add a lil' red wine......an a lil' more red wine......I got a story to tell you.....funny thing....a lil' mo.......yeah....Hooooo-weeeeeee, di gon' be some good eatin'."

The audience went nuts every time.

:lol

Yeah, sounds similar. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom