• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I made a game for women, ages 35-75

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzKeeg

Thanks for the feedback :).

As for the colours, we did not choose them just because we were targeting women with experience. Preference for a specific colour actually changes with age. The more experienced a group of people are the more diverse their favourite colours become. So a broad palette of colours might actually be more fitting for our target audience.

sI7bk14.gif

Dude, your marketing speak is making me want to barf.

Why don't you try to make a game that you would like to play as opposed to what a committee is telling you sells?

The more you "target demographics" the more soulless your product becomes.

I'm not a game dev, but that's just my 2 cents.

MsKrisp

Old ladies is insulting ? Get the fuck out of here with this bullshit.

Are you daft? What is even your point? I'm not the only one that found calling the 35-55 year old demo "old" insulting. Anyway, that's besides the point.

Good luck with your game OP. And please pick a better thread title next round.

I'll be an "old lady" in a few years. More of casual gamer at this point. I was also addicted to Restaurant City way back when.

The color palette from the screenshots remind me of Animal Crossing. The bright colors entice me to check out the game. No idea what you NeoGAF guys have in mind as a color palette for "older ladies." My mom and aunts were crazy about Candy Crush and that has an even brighter palette. I would have probably been all over it as well if I hadn't known Bejeweled.

I'm not a game dev, but that's just my 2 cents.

Not a game dev either, but that's probably why you're not one.

besada

Banned
I made a little title change, so let's move on from that.

OP, you need to put in a knitting mini-game. Make it like a match-three sort of thing, but with various stitches and a yarn theme. Charge microtansactions for yarn past the basic colors. Send me part of the royalties.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
The heavy Animal Crossing inspiration is great - I think a platform like this could really take off.

Platy

My biggest problem is that it looks too kiddy ... and I mean on "it has more pastel colors than animal crossing" kiddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom