• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. Ivy, SSDs, and reading the OP. [Part 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkenyon

Banned
Monitors

[BUDGET]
Vnp7oxv.png
K3aVSwe.png
$150 - ASUS VS229H-P

[STANDARD]
Vnp7oxv.png
NshXVe8.png
$200 - ASUS VH236H . . . . .
ZPMCSbm.png
$210 - ASUS VS247H-P . .
K3aVSwe.png
$200 - ASUS VS229H-P

[ENHANCED]
Vnp7oxv.png
daCQQKF.png
$250 - ASUS VG23AH . . . . .
fQpPryp.png
$300 - Dell U2412M

ASUS VG23AH if you don't wear glasses or glasses with any sort of filters/polarizers. It might be IPS/PLS but it has the best 60hz performance of ANY monitor on the market and can be driven to run at 72hz or 75hz with this program and these settings. Go for the Dell if you want 16:10 and super crisp colors.

[120Hz]
Vnp7oxv.png
hnmn6lJ.png
$250 - ASUS VG236H . . . . .
87owNtW.png
$400 - BenQ XL2420T . .
OWK09mF.png
$250-400 Samsung S23A700/750D

120hz monitors can be hard to find right now, possibly due to an upcoming refresh from ASUS and Samsung. 700D has dual link DVI only for 120Hz, 750D has displayport only. BenQ has the worst colors of the three, but a matte screen and a great stand.

[HIGH END IPS]
Vnp7oxv.png

Z1aMI4H.png
~$500 Crossover 27Q LED-P
f3qHFr6.png
$800 - Viewsonic VP2770-LED

Crossover is available through Ebay, pixel perfect versions come at a premium. It has the same panel as the Apple Cinema Display. The VP2770 has a lower input lag at 7ms. Both are 1440p.

mkenyon

Banned
I'm glad we've had a team for the new Thread OP. This shit takes a lot of time. Thanks to Whiteshirt with helping out on the monitor selection.

Addnan

Amazon.co.uk has the Gigabyte GTX 670 with the 3 fans for £299. Slightly cheaper than other places. Ordered it, only small parts to buy now!

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I got a 7850, installed it, and uninstalled the drivers. NOW WHAT?

I need the latest driver or whatever that gives the performance increase. I think I remember someone saying it was a beta driver. Can someone give me a link to whatever the best driver is that will make my graphics good enough to get my cock sucked by the hottest brazilian women???

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The budget-monitor and the third standard-monitor are the same?
Fixed in the updated OP. Trying to finish this tonight. Will need some polish, but content has been done.
I got a 7850, installed it, and uninstalled the drivers. NOW WHAT?

I need the latest driver or whatever that gives the performance increase. I think I remember someone saying it was a beta driver. Can someone give me a link to whatever the best driver is that will make my graphics good enough to get my cock sucked by the hottest brazilian women???
Current 13.1 Driver - http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

Beta 13.2 Driver - http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/download_amd_catalyst_13_2_beta.html

I'd go with the 13.1

neoanarch

Wow lol

The Samsung 4GB 22USD versions of the "Wonder" RAM have already sold out. Good thing I hopped on and got 4 sticks while the gettin' was good.

I went back to check the RAM directory on Newegg and they took Samsung out. Page says sold out/discontinued so I'm wondering what's up with the RAM other than it being in high demand.

What up with that? Please someone tell me they're just phasing it out for a new version.

8gb sticks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom