• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I really want CD Projekt RED to make a DUNE role playing game

Not needed, the perfect Dune game was already made long time ago.

Chani.png

I loved this game. I was obsessed with DUNE back in high school. I remember I got to the very end of this game only to end up with a corrupted save file.

For those asking whether the novels are worth reading, the first three in the series are very easy to read and enjoyable to get into and are among my favorite books of all time. The first book is simply amazing. The later Dune novels, starting with God Emperor, get really, really, really weird and are really far removed from the original Dune universe. Also the books by Herbert's son range from meh to horrible.

And yes I would love a Dune game from the CD Projekt guys.

Woorloog

Banned
Also the books by Herbert's son range from me to horrible.

They wouldn't be that bad if they were their own thing instead of being Dune books.
Sure, the writing's still pretty weak and they have many things that are rather weak but they're not the worst thing there is. But since they try to be Dune books... ugh.

Nikodemos

Well they're a sect of the bene gesserit. I was including them. :)
Uhh, no they aren't. Not entirely, anyway.

They're an odd mixture of renegade BG, ex-Fish Speakers and pleasure cultists, which fused their practices during The Scattering. They are pretty different in general outlook.

kyser73

Well they're a sect of the bene gesserit. I was including them. :)

Computer says no.

Their ancestors were revived axolotl tanks. This was revealed during an Agony, altho I can't remember if it's in Frank-Dune or Brian-Dune when it's revealed

Nikodemos

Computer says no.

Their ancestors were revived axolotl tanks. This was revealed during an Agony, altho I can't remember if it's in Frank-Dune or Brian-Dune when it's revealed
No such thing as Brian Herbert books.
I didn't read any of them and don't intend to start any time soon. I treat them as if they don't exist. Therefore, to me all lore is purely Frank-derived.

Woorloog

Banned
No such thing as Brian Herbert books.
I didn't read any of them and don't intend to start any time soon. I treat them as if they don't exist. Therefore, to me all lore is purely Frank-derived.

I recommend reading Dune Encyclopedia if you can.
It does contradict Frank's writing at times but it is quite interesting book anyway.

Flipyap

Every Frank Herbert Dune book should be read. The only bad one is the second book.
I don't get how you can say that about Messiah of Dune, which is an essential epilogue to the story of Paul, when half of Children of Dune deals with the sexual escapades of their zany gay ghost grandpa. Yeesh.

I don't get how you can say that about Messiah of Dune, which is an essential epilogue to the story of Paul, when half of Children of Dune deals with the sexual escapades of their zany gay ghost grandpa. Yeesh.

Dune Messiah, not Messiah of Dune.

And the books are perfect to great from Dune until the end of God Emperor of Dune.

Beyond Leto, it goes from strange to batshit crazy as the series ends with Chapter House.

Honestly, everyone should read at least Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune and God Emperor of Dune.

Top Bottom