• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I regret buying Battlefield 1 over Titanfall 2

I'm currently playing Titanfall 2 and holy shit does playing this game feel good. Jeff Gerstmann was right. The movement and aiming are super fluid and precise, and the feedback from shooting enemies is fantastic. There's a punch to every bullet that hits the enemy. And the wall running... damn. It's amazing.

I'm in the campaign; I haven't touched the multiplayer yet. I intend on finishing the story first, as I have rented the game. I keep hearing how the campaign is fantastic, so I look forward to completing it.

Man... it's great. Respawn totally hit it out of the park with this game.

Springy

I'm optimistic this game will have a long tail that justifies funding another.

It's a phenomenal standout in its genre.

Arttemis

I bought the deluxe digital combo pack with BF1 and TF2 together during the PSN sale, and there's really no contest. Titanfall 2 is just infinitely more fun to play than BF1. I've not enjoyed, let alone wanted to play, a competitive console shooter since Goldeneye.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Troll (the thread)

They are two completely different games. All you did is just say how good titanfall 2 is. You made no comparisons whatsoever. I'm glad you enjoy the game though.

Alienous

Titanfall felt better to play with the demo but at least in BF1 I don't feel like I'm flipping a coin everytime I start a match. With TF2 I'd feel anxious hoping certain maps didn't turn up.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Troll (the thread)

They are two completely different games. All you did is just say how good titanfall 2 is. You made no comparisons whatsoever. I'm glad you enjoy the game though.

image.php

Maximus.

Troll (the thread)

How is it a troll? He stated that he is enjoying titanfall 2 more and regrets an initial purchasing decision he made.

I had the tough choice between the two and ultimately chose titanfall 2. Feel good about my choice, the game feels great to play.

Ryuuga

Banned
So does that go for multiplayer as well? I see tons of praise heaped upon TF2's campaign, but is it leaps and bounds better than BF1's MP? If not, I think I'm good. I could always wait to pick up TF2 at a later given time. I feel like the comparison is a strange one anyway given what each game is trying to achieve.

Lakitu

st5fu
I have no idea why these two are constantly being compared. Aside from being FPS and multiplayer centric, they have almost nothing in common.

I haven't played Titanfall 2 but I have had a blast with Battlefield 1 (the best since Bad Company 2). It's a Battlefield game. Titanfall 2 looks great, but I'm really not into fast-paced twitch based MP.

Titanfall felt better to play with the demo but at least in BF1 I don't feel like I'm flipping a coin everytime I start a match. With TF2 I'd feel anxious hoping certain maps didn't turn up.

I like all the maps, but it absolutely needs more. Just about my only complaint about the game.

Does Titanfall 2 have any sort of emphasis on teamwork what-so-ever (like resupplying, healing, boosting attack power, etc.)? I've always seen it as a twitch shooter that's essentially CoD with wall-running and mechs. Maybe that's inaccurate, though. Either way, that's one of the reasons I've shunned both Titanfall 1 and 2 for Battlefield.

Godcannon

I bought Titanfall FOR the story, I'm like only on chapter 4 or something, but I will probably like the MP of Battlefield more. It looks AMAZING.
I've been heavily focused on Single Player lately, it feels way more....Healthy.

I recently started the game and was completely surprised as well, despite the good word of mouth on GAF. I hope it has some legs sd some game modes already seem to have few players on PC.

Me too, Battlefield 1 is the best Battlefield in a while, but the campaign was just awful and it's kind of a crap WWI game. I was really spoiled by the amazing rifle battles in Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm.

soultron

Banned
Does Titanfall 2 have any sort of emphasis on teamwork what-so-ever (like resupplying, healing, boosting attack power, etc.)? I've always seen it as a twitch shooter that's essentially CoD with wall-running and mechs. Maybe that's inaccurate, though. Either way, that's one of the reasons I've shunned both Titanfall 1 and 2 for Battlefield.
As a Pilot, you can help friendly Titans by stealing and installing the batteries taken from enemy Titans. You can also run interference and protect friendlies in any role.

Jinaar

Own both. BF1 is garbage compared to TF2.

Why? Because for the most part in TF2, I can control the deaths I take. Obviously there will be times when you spawn at the worst time and place or get into a fight and 2 other enemies are with the one you just killed. But really, I don't have to put myself into any positions that will instantly kill me if I don't want too. I do it all the time regardless because I want to get to killing asap, but if I took different approaches, I can get around without being somewhat spotted and killed.

But in BF1, well the story in that game is just you getting fucked. All the time. Vast open spaces to be sniped. Check. Tanks all over the place to murder you. Check. Massive amounts of enemy players in all directions. Check. Try to hide andsfnasdkfalsdj building explodes.

So much in BF1 I feel I have zero control over. It never felt that as bad say in BF BC2. Maybe I remember it differently.

Regardless, I can't put these numbers up in BF1. But in TF2... seems to be a no brainer:
YwzQ0ji.jpg

MutFox

Banned

It depends,
though once you go into titan mode, it's a lot of teamwork.
It slows down and becomes more strategic.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Me too, Battlefield 1 is the best Battlefield in a while, but the campaign was just awful and it's kind of a crap WWI game. I was really spoiled by the amazing rifle battles in Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm.

Standard Issue Rifles is a custom game mode just added to BF1. It is kind of fantastic.

Raptor

IThere's a punch to every bullet that hits the enemy.

This right here, is just so satisfying that "cling" or chirp" sound it has, is superior to the one on CoD games IMO, I know they were the ones that put that thing in CoD gaems to begin with but now they perfected it.

This Respawn dudes knows gunplay feedback like no other, they are so talented.

When it comes to single player it is leagues above BF 1. Multiplayer is difficult to compare, it's like apples and oranges. They might both be FPS, but they are completely different experiences in that regard (both are excellent.)

Glad I didn't buy Titanfall 2. I've got overwatch, battlefield 1, rocket league, halo 5, Smite, and the original Titanfall. Titanfall 2 doesn't stack up to those in terms of multiplayer, but the single player was a great rental.

Unicorn

I've been playing TF2 a bit, but it's so dead on PC I can't get into it. I either get laced by dudes that know the maps and tools, or I fleece mofos that are new like me. Not enough players to balance out.

~100-150 players.

Top Bottom