• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I regret buying Battlefield 1 over Titanfall 2

Beta was trash tho and they made tons of changes since that.
I agree that beta made lots of people not like TF2, but in release its not really what beta was.

i hated the beta, and i like release candidate just fine now.

but to say the game has actually changed significantly sine the beta would be misleading.

it's still not TF1, i still don't like the movement, or titans, or.... i'll just stop, the more i compare this game to TF1 the more i remember how much i don't actually like it very much.

cypher.gif

Arttemis

This doesnt make sense.

The weapons were used, widely too nearer the end of the war anyway.
This is so factually inaccurate. Even in WW2, there were battles that contained only single-digit percentages of automatic weapons.

The semi-automatic M1 Garand is largely attributed as the weapon that allowed allied forces to defeat the majority of Kar-98 wielding German soldiers.

Yet BF1 depicts all battles with more automatic weapons than most set two decades later.

This is so factually inaccurate. Even in WW2, there were battles that contained only single-digit percentages of automatic weapons.

The semi-automatic M1 Garand is largely attributed as the weapon that allowed allied forces to defeat the majority of Kar-98 wielding German soldiers.

Yet BF1 depicts all battles with more automatic weapons than most set two decades later.

Not really, you misconstrue my post.

What I meant was that they existed. And were used widely in the sense of different factions having access to automatics.

Not widely as in numerous.

BF1 doesnt depict anything. It merely gives you the tools in which appreciate the the atmosphere of WW1. Like every other Battlefield before it.

Battlefield has never truly been accurate in its war depictions. Other games can provide this, and I am glad it isn't bogged down by realism.

KodaRuss

Not really, you misconstrue my post.

What I meant was that they existed. And were used widely in the sense of different factions having access to automatics.

Not widely as in numerous.

BF1 doesnt depict anything. It merely gives you the tools in which appreciate the the atmosphere of WW1. Like every other Battlefield before it.

Battlefield has never truly been accurate in its war depictions. Other games can provide this, and I am glad it isn't bogged down by realism.

I guess that is my issue with it though? I thought we were getting a more realistic WWI experience with the weapons that were mostly used in that time. Which would have really changed the way the game was played.

What we got was the same game we have been playing for the last couple iterations of battlefield in regards to weapon choices and play style.

fireflame

The army of my country isnt even available in Battlefield 1, while it was a major protagonist in WW1. Apparently Titanfall 2 suffered from a really bad timing in release. If it had come in the beginning of the next year it would have got better results because there would have been less competitors.

The Dude

I guess that is my issue with it though? I thought we were getting a more realistic WWI experience with the weapons that were mostly used in that time. Which would have really changed the way the game was played.

What we got was the same game we have been playing for the last couple iterations of battlefield in regards to weapon choices and play style.

This game plays nothing like BF4

Battlefield ain't Arma. It never was. I don't know who the hell was actually expecting some historically accurate WW1 game. Making Battlefield fun comes first, and they did a damn good job with that.

deoee

Battlefield ain't Arma. It never was. I don't know who the hell was actually expecting some historically accurate WW1 game. Making Battlefield fun comes first, and they did a damn good job with that.

Fun first, frustrating a close second :D

Also yeah, Battlefield NEVER was about realism, it was always about teamplay (which most people don't understand) and massive scaled battles in a sandbox.

If you want realism there's this indy WW1 game witch 100% trenches.

I really disliked the Battlefield 1 beta, mostly because I hated running 5 miles to die and respawn a billion miles away. But I couldn't stop playing....While Titanfall 2 is my favorite FPS for years now, I'l definitely be picking up Battlefield 1 here in the next month or two. Looks fun enough. Can't let me down as much as Battlefield 3 or 4.

Valtýr;226706097 said:
I like both but I don't think Titanfall 2's multiplayer is very sustainable. It's good for short stints but I don't see a long-term desire to continue playing. Whereas I can see coming back to BF1 for months.

Agreed on that.
TF2 can be dead in a year (or less from the sound of it) whereas BF1 will continue with a strong player-base and with enough variety in the gameplay to last the rest of the gen.

Fun first, frustrating a close second :D

Also yeah, Battlefield NEVER was about realism, it was always about teamplay (which most people don't understand) and massive scaled battles in a sandbox.

If you want realism there's this indy WW1 game witch 100% trenches.

Verdun, it's actually a pretty good game. Not BF1 good, though.

If BF1 not being realistic bothers you, treat it like a steampunk game then.

Top Bottom