• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think there won't be 1 but TWO Starfield games launching around the same timeframe

Starfield

Since 2018 it's confirmed that Zenimax Online Studios is working on another project other than elderscrolls online. In 2020 they hired Colin Campbell, who's their new lead level designer now and in the industry known for his contributions to star wars. That dude worked on star wars jedi fallen order, battlefront 2and mass effect Andromeda. So definitely scifi related content.

I'm am Interview that Todd Howard gave in 2018 he was talking to the interviewer and saod something along the line of the Starfield franchise" he let the slip out and quickly corrected himself. (you can find the interview I'm sure)
I thought that it may mean as in murlitple Starfield games like Fallout or the elder Scrolls.

But what if there's actually an MMO releasing around the same time Starfield the single player game releases??

May be just crazy talk bc what sense would it make to release an MMO for an IP that isn't known yet right. Well it could be true. I don't say it will but it's a speculation.

And they could also somehow link these two games together where the single player game may have some influence on the MMO game and vice versa. Theres already interviews where Todd said Starfield could have some online capabilities so who knows....

Pagusas

Elden Member
I dont think they would release 2 games at the same time in the same franchise. Instead they'd release the single player game, let it build a following, establish its name and core gameplay in the community, then leverage that to launch an MMO.

Also of course its intended to be a franchise. NO developer would make any single game anymore without the idea of it getting sequels. You dont throw all those resources into a new IP and then just say "well, we did it, put this IP on the shelf now and lets never do anything with it again", unless its a commercial disaster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom