• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I witnessed some utterly disgusting behavior at Subway today... just ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, the manager was chiling on break, heard the commotion but was like "fuck it, this is my break, it can wait!"?

Camwi

I think I'm going to mention it to him tomorrow. Actually, I know I am. I don't want to get people fired from their jobs because I know it's a struggle out there right now.... but this was just... come on. You can't get away with yelling faggot in a restaurant at a gay co-worker. Jesus. It's time for you to go.

The best thing you could possibly do for those idiots is get them fired, otherwise they're not going to learn their lesson and think shit like that is ok, even with a better future job. Sometimes a person has to learn the hard way.

Elchele

You're surprised because people who work at a consumer shop/restaurant are real people?

I wouldn't talk to the manager if I was you, you said he already heard the yells and shit the employees were having so what's the point in you talking to him? What if the guy doesn't get fired and the manager points out you complained about his behavior?

Better shut up and hope it doesn't happen again, or just start to make breakfast at home like a good lad.

Sounds like you need to be watching some What Would You Do?

I don't ever really experience these kind of things, but as long as it's not a threat to my life, I'll keep this in mind for when it happens that I'm obligated to respond. I'm not worried if lose out on service, food, or whatever in those places.

Fury Sense

Hope the guy gets fired. Manager might thank you for your concern and reprimand them, but corporate would not settle for a half measure.

I try not to buy food from people who are shouting "faggot" while preparing it. I honestly can't believe someone would go through with the sale after witnessing all of that.

Akainu

Bitch made? Never heard that before. What were they like? Race and the like. I want a better picture of everybody.

ronito

You kidding? Don't go to the manager. Go to corporate. The manager might ignore it or think you're just a jerk. Corporate though? They'll come down with Thors mighty hammer and it'll get fixed

IISANDERII

Weakened economy? Seems like the Republicans intentionally grenaded the economy so bigots could get sympathy and not be fired from their jobs for abuse so marginalization would become more palletable in the long term.

Get him fired, somebody who's not a bigot could use that job.

"The Lord works through man."

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
You kidding? Don't go to the manager. Go to corporate. The manager might ignore it or think you're just a jerk. Corporate though? They'll come down with Thors mighty hammer and it'll get fixed
I agree with this. If you REALLY want to make sure this is addressed, go above his head.

SummitAve

Banned
The best thing you could possibly do for those idiots is get them fired, otherwise they're not going to learn their lesson and think shit like that is ok, even with a better future job. Sometimes a person has to learn the hard way.

Oh fuck off, you and the OP don't know these people or the relationships they have with eachother. You think having their kids/families going hungry or losing their home is a good lesson of discipline for the adult?

Also OP if you don't want them to get fired then don't talk to the manager. Just get on with your life, you're presuming too much.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Bitch made? Never heard that before. What were they like? Race and the like. I want a better picture of everybody.
Yeah I am not sure why the girl isn't getting called out for that as well. (or the OP if that is his phrase).

nullset2

There's your problem.

Really now, it sounds like there's some bad milk around that workplace. Expect to see new faces there soon. Any semi-decent manager would do so. It was despicable but don't take it to heart, really... or you may want to get something else for breakfast from now on, dunno.

Dizzle24

69YLPCc.jpg

amazing.

Koppai

Take your breakfast/lunch to work with you? There are coolers and ice paks.

Also, next time say something to the people, then report it to the manager...usually there is a manager on duty (and I think it's a law). If it was the manager doing this shit, go to the district manager.

shuri

Banned
Sorry but if you don't report this, you are basically condoning hate and gay bashing. The fact that you are doing nothing about speaks volume about yourself; you should be ashamed. Please contact Subway (http://www.subway.com/ContactUs/frmCustomerService.aspx) and please denounce what you have seen or heard. It seems you missed out on two ingredients so your Subway experience was degraded and also you were exposed to agitation and loud screamings. Something has to be done. Speak out.

Camwi

Oh fuck off, you and the OP don't know these people or the relationships they have with eachother. You think having their kids/families going hungry or losing their home is a good lesson of discipline for the adult?

Also OP if you don't want them to get fired then don't talk to the manager. Just get on with your life, you're presuming too much.

Holy crap, what kind of bizarro world did you come from? Shitty work behavior like that needs to be nipped in the bud as soon as possible, not only for their own good, but for the good of the business.

Also, don't speak about starving families and lost homes and then chastise the OP for "presuming too much."

Starviper

Call corporate. Seriously, that's something i'd never tolerate and you might as well get a gift card for your troubles.

Futureman

I probably woulda walked out. Subway being your only option for food for 9 hours doesn't make any sense. But I won't dwell on that.

RM8

What an awkward situation. I would have yelled at him to stop being an idiot and finish my sandwich already.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck going to the manager, go corporate. Sure, someone will get fired but you're likely to get dome coupons out of it.

Damn. I'd love to get some coupons for dome. Seems a little raunchy for Subway but hey.

He should have thought about his hungry family before he opened his stupid mouth and treated others like shit. He can fuck right off if he thinks he can be a terrible person to others without consequence.

btkadams

you really should talk to the manager. i could understand not saying anything in the moment because something as fucked as that could leave me pretty speechless out of shock.

Halcyon

Getting this person fired will help them in life. They will maybe realize you can't act like this and hold a job.

ronito

seriously? I have a family to feed too. You know what I do? I don't call my coworkers offensive names. Why? Because I don't want to get my ass fired

crozier

Keep in mind that even if you intend to only get him fired, there's an excellent chance she'll be shown the door too. There's no telling what her role in all this is. It doesn't like sound (although I could be wrong) a simple case of someone picking on someone else for their sexuality. The conflict may be rooted in something completely different.

I'm reminded of Dave Chappell's Pop Copy skit.

I would have walked out, even if it was playful banter between the two of them, I don't want to be served by people who don't feel the need to be professional when surrounded by customers. Unless it's my barber shop, and even they tone down the profanity when there are newbies and children present.

gutshot

I just can't get over the fact that you are eating Subway for breakfast (and lunch, apparently) every day for the past 4 months. You know they have things called grocery stores, right?

sappyday

Call corporate if you really think the lad deserves to get fired. I've had two co-workers get fired because customers took advantage of corporate for something that really wasn't a big issue.

Edit: As for me I would get him fired asap. Even though I'm close to becoming a manager at a Subway I still don't value that job at all and it's basically exists in order to sustain my college fees and leisure stuff.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Keep in mind that even if you intend to only get him fired, there's an excellent chance she'll be shown the door too. There's no telling what her role in all this is. It doesn't like sound (although I could be wrong) a simple case of someone picking on someone else for their sexuality. The conflict may be rooted in something completely different.
Yeah considering she was using derogatory bigoted speech in front of a customer she will likely get fired to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom