• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IA/VT -Colorful- |OT| Our Inner Arts Finally Release to Paint the World

Yasumi

Banned
RgJLz4t.jpg

jLnMpze.jpg

Developed by Marvelous AQL
Published by Marvelous AQL
Genre: Rhythm
Platforms: Playstation Vita
Regular edition price: ¥5184
Digital download price: ¥4980
Crystal Box Limited Edition: ¥9,979
Download size: 2.9GB
Available: Now in Japan

IA/VT -Colorful- is a Vocaloid rhythm game, in the same vein as Hatsune Miku Project Diva. The playable soundtrack consists of songs composed through the Vocaloid software, with IA performing the vocal track.

JM6rCBv.jpg

During the course of a song, notes travel along a path toward a purple circle. As they overlap, hit the corresponding button to build up your combo.

IA-VT-Colorful_2015_02-24-15_009.jpg_600.jpg

The path and circle locations will periodically shift position around the larger circle, requiring you to adapt on the fly (or memorize it really well).

IA-VT-Colorful_2015_02-24-15_001.jpg_600.jpg

IA-VT-Colorful_2015_02-24-15_011.jpg_600.jpg

Sometimes the view will shift into the larger circle, with the notes appearing on a less defined path.

IA-VT-Colorful_2015_02-24-15_012.jpg_600.jpg

S5oHaVG.jpg

According to Wikipedia, this is the current confirmed songlist:

"Inner Arts" by Jin
“Children Record” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Nihonbashi Koukaka R Keikaku” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Lost Time Memory” by Jin
“Enmei Chiryou” by Neru
“Headphone Actor” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P)
“Cloud Rider” by Hayato Tanaka × Jane Su
“Chiri Chiri Juso” by Kikuo
“Lonely Child” by Otetsu
“Lorelei” by 10th P (Monaca:Factory)
“Ginga Tetsudou 365″ by Ichiokuen-P (Dezzy)
“Falling Apart” by Taishi
“Kimi no Koto ga Suki de Gomennasai” by Utata P and Tory Hitsuji
“Shounen wa Kyoushitsu ga Kiraidatta Noda” by Ishifuro
“Love Sagittarius” by Mutsuki Levin
“Migawari Kibon'nu” by Gameni
“Shika Odoroki” by Mochizuki Urara
“Pageant ~For a Glory~” by Mito
“Bye Bye Superstar” by Ishifuro
“Tsubasa New Days” by A-Bee
“Crystal Prism” by Anant-Garde Eyes
“Party Party” by Komorita Minoru
“Re;Birth” by Sele
“Bokura ni Kigeki wo Misetekure” by Jin (Shizen no Teki P) and Ishifuro
"Kisaragi Attention" by Jin (Shizen No Teki-P)
"Ayano's Theory of Happiness" by Jin (Shizen No Teki-P)
"Kuusou Forest" by Jin (Shizen No Teki-P)
"Kagerou≒Variation" by Yairi
"22 Seiki Kara no Hello" by Rider
"Zekkyo Paranoia" by Total Objection
"God Only Knows" by Devilish-P
"Over Drive" by TeddyLoid
"Circuit Disco" by Kazuya Komatsu
"Revenge Syndrome" by Mafumafu
"ITYNITED IDENTITY" by Nanahoshi Kangengakudan
"Kyō ga Ame no hi Janai to Shite" by Ishifuro
"Killer Smile" by YKSB
"Summer Songs" by Kazuya Komatsu
"Summertime Record" by Jin
"Nokoru Natsu Ni Hanataba O" by Nodoka
"Starry Lion" by emon(Tes.)
"Yūgure no Shinsō" by Shirakami Mashiro
"A Realistic Logical Ideologist" by Goboumen
"Love of the Camellia Princess" by PolyphonicBranch
"Shoujo Jishoukuse" by PolyphonicBranch
"Monochromatic World" by Wataame (Kisetsu-P)
"Tokyo Real World" by Out of Survice
"Heisei Katakuri Prism" by Zips
"Diary of Evening Cicadas" by Mafumafu
"Yesterday Evening" by Jin
"Yokohama Battle Line" by Out of Survice
"Liar" by Nekobolo
"Revolution of Liz's Innermost Heart" by Zips
"World Calling" by Jin
"Light of Tomorrow" by Nhato
"Overslept" by Neru
"Yumemigokochi" by Nio
"Racer's High" by Nanahoshi Kangengakudan
"Itsuwari no Ketsui" by Shirakami Mashiro
"Setsuna Drive" by Taki Yoshimitsu (9mm Parabellum Bullet)

The full list in Japanese is available here: http://ia-vt.marv.jp/music_list.html

KDobiRc.jpg

The preorder DLC pack contains the following:

"Betrayer Module" by Utata-P
"A Park at Minami on Sunday" by Ishifuro
"Wailing Vampire" by YASUHIRO
"Death God's Guitar" by potential 0
"Promenade" by monaca:factory
(Costume) Gothic Fashion costume

The first DLC pack (¥1200) contains the following. The songs are also available individually for ¥300 each.

“Hajimari no Niwa” by Shirakami Mashiro
"Yohanashi Diseibu" by Jin
"Shooting Star" by TeddyLoid
"Magic Hour" by Out of Service
Exclusive Vita theme

The second DLC pack (¥1200) contains the following. The songs are also available individually for ¥300 each. (Thanks luminous)

Yakubyougami by Mafumafu + Darkness costume alternate color
Overclock by Neru + Party Dress costume alternate color
Doukei ~DOUKEI~ by BACK-ON + Dance Lesson costume alternate color
Kimi no Tonari ni by Rerulili + Bunkei Girl costume alternate color
Exclusive Vita theme

The third DLC pack (¥1200) contains the following. The songs are also available individually for ¥300 each. (Thanks CrazyMoonTalk)

Crybaby Pierrot
Geragera to Warau Na
Sanatorium
Perverse Love Rock

A single song was released separately. (Thanks Yian Garuga)
Afterglow

w0RYFNq.jpg

Trailer 1:

Trailer 2:

Trailer 3:

KaFibGt.jpg

Q: Is this game available in English / when will it be localized?
A: According the game's creator, Kenichiro Takaki, due to licensing issues, the game will likely never be localized. If you want it, you'll need to import it.

Q: How many songs does the game have?
A: 60 out of the box, plus however many the DLC will add on in the future.

Q: How much Japanese do I need to know to play this?
A: As a rhythm game, very little. Some menus are in English and it's very easy to navigate through the list of available songs. Some of the mission text may be unclear, but the general idea is to play as best as you can.

Q: Where can I buy IA/VT?
Nippon-Yasan still has the regular edition and limited edition available. Play-Asia (LE) and Solaris Japan (LE) also have it in stock.

GRBqAnh.png

Ended up not pre-ordering due to the various delays and resulting worry about the quality of the title, so I'll be curious to see impressions and reviews. All I've seen so far is Famitsu's 9/8/9/8.

Wait a second. Where's SEE THE LIGHTS? It was in the trailers and is basically the reason I got interested in the game at all. Don't tell me it's not in the tracklist?

hamchan

Ended up not pre-ordering due to the various delays and resulting worry about the quality of the title, so I'll be curious to see impressions and reviews. All I've seen so far is Famitsu's 9/8/9/8.

Wait a second. Where's SEE THE LIGHTS? It was in the trailers and is basically the reason I got interested in the game at all. Don't tell me it's not in the tracklist?

Oh god I hope it's not DLC after they put it in the trailer.

macklelol

Been playing a lot since I got it digitally last night. At level 30 right now, with most songs unlocked. I feel like I have a good grasp on the game mechanics, so feel free to ask any questions.

I tried playing some of the 10* difficulty songs, it's not too bad but it can get really messy, haha.

Rephin

I preordered this two years ago and I'm finally getting it next week. I hope it was worth the wait. :3c

luminous

Still waiting for a shipping confirmation from Nippon-Yasan... last waiting I'll have to do for this game though thank God

Both STL & America ~We are all right!~ were dropped at last minute and they added Bokura ni Kigeki wo Misetekure in their stead. Probably something licensing related, both of these songs PVs happened to be related to that racing Super GT stuff... I think that might be why

Yasumi

Banned

It's not in any of the recent song lists. The last time it showed up was this screenshot from February. Either the licensing fell through or it's DLC.
IA-VT-Colorful_2015_02-24-15_002.jpg_600.jpg

Edit: See above.

muteki

Finally found the OT.

Anyone else curious where the 3d notes went? Seems like at some point they had to rethink the note system.

SephLuis

Mine will probably ship today and then the one month wait begins.

Since some of you are already playing, how difficult are the later songs at highest difficulty available ? Similar to Senran Kagura Bon Appetit ?

Yasumi

Banned
Finally found the OT.

Anyone else curious where the 3d notes went? Seems like at some point they had to rethink the note system.

They took out the mechanic where you had to rotate the purple circle with the analog to catch the notes too. The game went through a lot of changes (for the better).

muteki

They took out the mechanic where you had to rotate the purple circle with the analog to catch the notes too. The game went through a lot of changes (for the better).

Yeah, I thought I remembered that too. I thought something was different about recent trailers.

Game is fun though. Songs are nice and long. For as many in the game it is a pretty good value I think.

muteki

What conditions are needed for the best rank?

So many more chances to make mistakes when you have long songs...

I got a SSS with no Safe's or Misses. It was during Step Up Play which doesn't count in my high score, apparently :p

I'm not sure what keeps my "colorful" score from being 100%. I think I hit all the color notes before the red sections and sometimes come up short for some reason.

macklelol

What conditions are needed for the best rank?

So many more chances to make mistakes when you have long songs...
I'm not too sure, but I'm guessing your score matters for your rank? I've gotten a couple SSS ranks on songs and still had misses.

And keeping your combo is pretty easy in this game, you only lose it if you miss a note completely.

Yasumi

Banned
I'm curious about the inputs for two of the notes. The swirly multicolored one and the note with a number on it. Is the first one just any button, and the second one any button + tap rapidly?

muteki

I'm curious about the inputs for two of the notes. The swirly multicolored one and the note with a number on it. Is the first one just any button, and the second one any button + tap rapidly?

Manual says that the "Colorful Marker" (regular one) hits with any face or d-pad button, and the "Colorful Barrage" (one with numbers) needs to be hit the number of times in a time limit.

I still think I am missing something what fills up your colorful guage though.

macklelol

Yeah. Hitting those notes adds to your Colorful gauge, which determines your score multiplier during the Colorful sections (the parts of the song where the lanes disappear and you hit the notes on the big circle). The red sections on the song bar at the top shows you when each of these sections are.

SephLuis

I just noted that each trailer in the OP has a different release date.
Impressive that we are one year later from the original release date.

Yeah. Hitting those notes adds to your Colorful gauge, which determines your score multiplier during the Colorful sections (the parts of the song where the lanes disappear and you hit the notes on the big circle). The red sections on the song bar at the top shows you when each of these sections are.

Are you having any difficulty with the game ? One of my problems with SK Bon Appetit was that only a couple of songs were challenging.

macklelol

Are you having any difficulty with the game ? One of my problems with SK Bon Appetit was that only a couple of songs were challenging.

I haven't really played that many songs on Hard yet, so it's hard to say right now. From the few songs on Hard I have played, I SSS'd the easiest one and I got a C on one of the 10* songs.

I haven't really played that many songs on Hard yet, so it's hard to say right now. From the few songs on Hard I have played, I SSS'd the easiest one and I got a C on one of the 10* songs.

What's your assessment of the platinum difficulty? I was looking through the trophies and there doesn't seem to be anything like SSS all Hard or Step-up Songs, which is good however there are a lot of costume/skin unlock-related trophies and I can't tell how they link into the game's overall challenge.

KurisuKaatsu

Neo Member
I'm not sure what keeps my "colorful" score from being 100%. I think I hit all the color notes before the red sections and sometimes come up short for some reason.

The "Colorful" notes (aka the swirl rainbow notes) are what determines your colorful fever percentage. Just hitting the notes isn't enough for 100%. The rating on the note also counts. (aka. "Cool" judgement)

macklelol

What's your assessment of the platinum difficulty? I was looking through the trophies and there doesn't seem to be anything like SSS all Hard or Step-up Songs, which is good however there are a lot of costume/skin unlock-related trophies and I can't tell how they link into the game's overall challenge.

Could end up being kind of a grind. You'll need to play every song at least 3 times, once on each difficulty, and be able to clear at least 15? or so steps in Step Up mode on Hard, as well as clear some steps on Easy and Normal for skins and costumes.

Luigi87

Glad to see an OT for this. Been on the fence about ordering it and wanted to seem some impressions from GAFfers. Hoping the year delay was worth it.

@macklelol - I guess my question would be is feel wise, what does it compare best to in regards to other rhythm games? IE: Is it similar enough to the Project Diva series for example

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
The gameplay looks dope but I just can't get into vocaloid music. 😢

macklelol

Glad to see an OT for this. Been on the fence about ordering it and wanted to seem some impressions from GAFfers. Hoping the year delay was worth it.

@macklelol - I guess my question would be is feel wise, what does it compare best to in regards to other rhythm games? IE: Is it similar enough to the Project Diva series for example
I guess it's similar to Project Diva in the sense that there's a bunch of notes flying around the screen lol. Can't think of what other rhythm game it would be similar to. I'll say that if you have played some Project Diva, it shouldn't be too difficult to adjust to IA/VT.
The grind I'm not so worried about....

Hmmm...
How would this compare difficulty-wise to the DIVA series?
Uh, that part might be difficult? You need to clear step 16 (not 15) on Hard, and that step could be kinda tough. Gotta clear three 9* songs while attaining a certain rank, enough Cools, all while the notes move faster. I guess the closest comparison would be getting an Excellent on three of the harder Hard songs or easier Extreme songs with Cool Master and Overclocker on at the same time. Once I get around to unlocking all the songs, I'll give Step Up mode some more time.

In terms of how complex the rhythms are in the game, I would say 10* are about as tough as 8-8.5* songs in Project Diva. But a good portion of the difficulty comes from how the notes move through the lanes; it can get really messy easily.

...what in the world? You can't fail songs at all, it seems.

Looks like my copy has already left Japan

maybe next week if I'm lucky ~

EDIT: Does Nippon Yasan usually include pre-order DLC? Because I don't think they mentioned it anywhere..

At long last! I was expecting this game from last year. I don't even know who IA is nor have I listened to her songs. I bought it because it's a rhythm game. The vocaloid is a bonus.

IA/VT has a rarity: it comes with a 31-page manual! For reference, the PDF games and even Persona Dancing only come with a flimsy sheet of instructions.

I noticed that another rhythm game published by Marvelous also comes with a full manual (Bakumatsu Rock). Maybe it's company policy? Either way, I love these manuals even though I only skim through them once.

Kpc0UDL.jpg

The game card art is surprisingly...simple. So much for "Colorful." Here it is compared with the rest of my physical rhythm game collection on Vita

OMlYm4b.jpg

At long last! I was expecting this game from last year. I don't even know who IA is nor have I listened to her songs. I bought it because it's a rhythm game. The vocaloid is a bonus.

IA/VT has a rarity: it comes with a 31-page manual! For reference, the PDF games and even Persona Dancing only come with a flimsy sheet of instructions.

I read it comes with a reversible cover. Can you confirm that? (and take a picture? :3)

budpikmin

See the Lights not being in the final game is really disappointing for me :-/
Oh well, I have the crystal box on the way. Anyone else buy that version?

Yasumi

Banned
Song list done. The main list came out to 62, so I might've accidentally doubled up somewhere between the Wikipedia list and the official site's list.

Ventara

Decided to pass on this for now. The songs aren't as suited to my tastes as I had hoped. Still need to finish PDf & PDf 2nd, anyways. If the game does get a price drop in the future, I'll probably pick it up then.

muteki

Song list done. The main list came out to 62, so I might've accidentally doubled up somewhere between the Wikipedia list and the official site's list.

Are there any hidden songs that aren't on the main site or select page that unlock?

Top Bottom