• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IA/VT -Colorful- |OT| Our Inner Arts Finally Release to Paint the World

I bought DLC songs and tried them out, and Yobanashi Deceive is so great. Why is this song not part of the base game?

Hrrm, will give that a download tonight. Are the other songs worth it?
Also, does beating the DLC songs add to your overall Level?

From the songs screen it seems that there are only space for four songs after this but I wonder if there will be more. The Marvelous site lists this selection of DLC as “Batch 1” which would indicate more in the future.

hamchan

The game nails the presentation and the amount of content is good. It does seem a lot easier compared to other rhythm games, so recommended to newcomers to the genre.

So I'm confused at what all was paid DLC only and what was preorder bonus DLC. I know of two codes I got with my Crystal Box order, one in the case insert behind the manual and one on the extra game case cover, but these seemed to provide three costumes each. Am I missing anything? What is the currently available song DLC?

macklelol

Hrrm, will give that a download tonight. Are the other songs worth it?
Also, does beating the DLC songs add to your overall Level?

From the songs screen it seems that there are only space for four songs after this but I wonder if there will be more. The Marvelous site lists this selection of DLC as “Batch 1” which would indicate more in the future.

Magic Hour and Shooting Star are both pretty good, and Hajimari no Niwa was alright. No harm in listening to the songs first before buying them. And you do get points for completing the songs. I'm sure there's gonna be more DLC, they can just make more columns lol.

So I'm confused at what all was paid DLC only and what was preorder bonus DLC. I know of two codes I got with my Crystal Box order, one in the case insert behind the manual and one on the extra game case cover, but these seemed to provide three costumes each. Am I missing anything? What is the currently available song DLC?

It's in the OP, 4 songs are paid DLC and 5 songs are from a preorder bonus or something. My physical copy of the game probably isn't gonna get here for a few more days so I dunno about the preorder stuff.

TP

Preorder stuff is 5 songs and 2 costumes with 3 color alts each

songs are on the left and the costumes are at the end of the list in the item section

the download was instant so they're already on the cart

whL07MS.jpg

kywXI58.jpg

Baliis

I'm liking the few songs I played earlier, but I do feel its a bit easy so far. I like the moving notes more than I thought I would, and the songs themselves, but the gameplay so far just feels really slow compared to Project Diva. Hopefully it picks up a bit, I only really played like 6 songs or so.

Finally got my copy.

Is SSS rank based on score? I got some safes but still got SSS. Another had less than 100% colorfuls and still got SSS. And then one song I got perfect but only SS.

And the 何度も何度も trophy. Is it 5 retries at the end of the song right? So you play the same song 6 times from start to finish? Would the tutorial count? The songs are like 4-5 minutes and playing the same song gets boring even if I like the song.

Yasumi

Banned
Weird, just noticed the weight of my package is 1.1 lbs, which seems pretty heavy for just a Vita game. Must be a hell of a manual.

macklelol

Finally got my copy.

Is SSS rank based on score? I got some safes but still got SSS. Another had less than 100% colorfuls and still got SSS. And then one song I got perfect but only SS.

And the 何度も何度も trophy. Is it 5 retries at the end of the song right? So you play the same song 6 times from start to finish? Would the tutorial count? The songs are like 4-5 minutes and playing the same song gets boring even if I like the song.

I'm almost certain ranking is based on your score.

For your trophy question: Yes, you need to play a song 6 times in a row. I would recommend Nihonbashi Koukashita R Keikaku for it, that song is only 1:30 long.

I'm almost certain ranking is based on your score.

For your trophy question: Yes, you need to play a song 6 times in a row. I would recommend Nihonbashi Koukashita R Keikaku for it, that song is only 1:30 long.

Ah thanks. Haven't unlocked that one yet. I wanted to get the easy trophies out of the way.

Also, is it PSTV-compatible?
I've been streaming it from a PS TV.

Speaking of... this game doesn't have cloud saving, does it? So far I've been having to move my memory card between my Vita and PS TV; it would be much easier on me if I could just start the game from anywhere and have it sync progress online.

cwistofu

Just ordered from AmiAmi. Bummed there's no way for me get the DLC without me changing my Vita to a JPN account or buying a second vita.

But still looking forward to the main game!

luminous

2nd DLC song pack is now out on PSN:

Yakubyougami by Mafumafu + Darkness costume alternate color
Overclock by Neru + Party Dress costume alternate color
Doukei ~DOUKEI~ by BACK-ON + Dance Lesson costume alternate color
Kimi no Tonari ni by Rerulili + Bunkei Girl costume alternate color

All available for ¥1200 as a pack including an exclusive Vita theme or ¥300 each.

Doukei is best song, I'll be looking forward to playing that! I don't think I'll be able to afford all these if they're releasing them this fast though ;_;

hamchan

Is it a pain in the ass to get the DLC from the Japanese store? Can I use it on my US account?

It's a huge pain in the ass and actually discourages me from buying any DLC for my imported games. So good work Sony, you made less money from me.

macklelol

Yeah, the no BGM is pretty lame.

Anyways, tried out all the songs in this song pack, pretty good overall. Doukei and Overclock are both great. Kimi no Tonari ni is pretty easy, but the song is nice. Can't say much about Yakubyougami, though. Didn't like it too much.

Also, lol, I have the top score on the leaderboards for Kimi no Tonari ni on Normal and Hard difficulties.

Got mines in today from AmiAmi
The alternate sleeve was just placed in with the game
no cardboard or whatever
Got a few creases on the right side during shipping

I ordered mine from AmiAmi as well. The extra cover was bent to hell. It's practically useless now.

The final track list for IA/VT is pretty disappointing. I've been a fan of IA for a while and only about 25% of the songs I really like made it in game, and STL being pulled at the last moment hurts. It was the first IA song I heard, and it got me to pursue other songs featuring her.

My favorite artist that uses IA is Ottiki&Charlotte, and they're missing completely from the game =/

Dialing Paranoia
Carry Me Away
Clock Work Baby
自宅拡張計画
The Bird Was Born to Sing

Still, I'm excited to start playing. With 60+ songs, I'm sure I'll be able to discover some new good tracks.

I'm actually kind of disappointed that there is a lack of songs stylistically similar to LIA's own songs, considering IA is sampled from her voice.

I had a discussion about this with some friends and they blamed it all on Jin.

Mine arrived today from CDJapan and luckily I didn't have to deal with customs (despite the price being correctly declared on the package).
I'm going to play it later on my EU account, though I am thinking about getting a 4GB memcard to use with my jap account.

I'd like to buy this game, but when I think about all the DLC I'll miss it makes me sad :(

Can't really swap ms because I play lots of games of my vita (savedata on EU account)

Hubb

I'd like to buy this game, but when I think about all the DLC I'll miss it makes me sad :(

Can't really swap ms because I play lots of games of my vita (savedata on EU account)

This is where I am. Until I stumble into another Vita so my old one can be dedicated to imports, I don't want to deal with the hassle.

Ogawa-san

Yep, I'm on the same boat. I even have two cards, but formatting does away with all your bubbles even on other cards afaik, and the thought of having to redo them for a full 64GB card keeps me from ever doing account swaps.

It's what's keeping me from importing this. If Vita had multiple account support the game would be on its way.

Soulflarz

Banned
So uh

If I order this through Nippon Yasan, will I get that first run DLC, or lolno

(also is 5500 yen shipped with their 2-3 day shipping a good idea?)

I am so happy to hear the positivity around this. I had it preordered for a long time but when it got delayed I decided to get Rhythm Tengoku instead, which I definitely don't regret. I can't wait to purchase this title and get into a new rhythm game.
I've always been a big fan of IA because she's voiced by Lia, who I grew up loving for many years now. Can't wait to give this game a try!

Loving the game so far. Also I really appreciate the loading time (in changing room, load into song etc.), much faster than Diva f/f2.

Top Bottom