• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IA/VT -Colorful- |OT| Our Inner Arts Finally Release to Paint the World

Well, looks like I won't be getting the platinum. I'm stuck on Step Up Hard 13. The random modifier is the worst because it sometimes puts two different buttons on double notes. Retrying just randomizes the button chart again. Also with 2 songs back to back and increasing the minimum Rank to S (I would be able to pass if this was A).

It too bad you can't use modifiers on Free Play, I would really like to practice the 2nd song with the Random modifier.

Safe not breaking a combo is appreciated as well! :D

Also making it easier is that pressing the wrong button doesn't register a hit. Since it is very lenient on timing, in most cases you can switch to correct button in time.

I've retried on a few of those and got the same charts
and here I was thinking they should rename it to scrambled

I'm stuck on 13 too
don't think i've S ranked anything on hard yet

Really? Well maybe it randomizes from a set of charts. I only got above S on the early Hard songs.

Random is a funny modifier. One time it turned all the notes to X and Down for the entire song.

What really? LOL Guess you got lucky.

macklelol

I got a pretty damn good score on Tokyo Real World so I went ahead and uploaded it to the leaderboards:

WCcDMfs.jpg
So close...

Really? Well maybe it randomizes from a set of charts. I only got above S on the early Hard songs.

What really? LOL Guess you got lucky.

Random isn't really that random. Once you see that you have a certain combination(s), it's gonna use that combination for the entire song. So if you see that you have Square and Up being used together, you'll be getting it for the whole song.

Maybe try playing some 9/10* songs, they can be tough but they sometimes use different button combinations that you'd see in songs with a random modifier.

macklelol

Does anyone know how to always get "100% Colorful"? Also does it have any effect on scores?

Hit all the colorful markers with a COOL and you'll get 100% Colorful.

100% Colorful gives you a 2x score multiplier during the Colorful sections
99-75% gets you a 1.8x multiplier
74-50% gets you a 1.5x multiplier
49-25% gets you a 1.2x multiplier
Below 25% gives you no score multipler.

I'm having a lot of fun so far and the harder songs a lot more challenging than I thought they would be. Especially when notes come in from different directions it's easy to mess up. I guess this will be less of a problem when I get more familiar with the songs.
The step up mode is pretty fun and a nice diversion from free play.
One more thing I really like is the fact that you can watch presentations of perfect plays. Makes it easier to decipher some complicated rhythms.

Compared to Project Diva the note charts are overall a lot slower but more messy with a lot of note change ups. Still not really a fan of the seperate arrow and face buttons, it feels needlessly strict. I prefer the freestyle approach of Project Diva.
The production values also obviously aren't nearly as high. The few 3d PVs arent nearly as sophisticated as the Project Diva ones with pretty much zero dance choreography. But the slick presentation of the game does make up for it.

God damn the Hide modifier is the worst. I'm gonna be stuck on Step 21 for a while lol.

What does the hide modifier do? Is it similar to the shy target one from Project Diva? That one always felt impossible...

The 2nd cover is preorder bonus I think, probably they forgot to attach it to your box :/. The song DLC is a piece of paper in the game case, did you check that?

Yasumi

Banned
The 2nd cover is preorder bonus I think, probably they forgot to attach it to your box :/. The song DLC is a piece of paper in the game case, did you check that?
Was that also the songs? I thought it was just the costumes, since I couldn't spot them in the list.

Really liking it so far. The amount of content's really nice. Surprised it's thrown like 7 trophies at me in 20 minutes.

Was that also the songs? I thought it was just the costumes, since I couldn't spot them in the list.

Really liking it so far. The amount of content's really nice. Surprised it's thrown like 7 trophies at me in 20 minutes.

The code includes both songs and costumes. You can check if you have them unlocked in Free play (by default you only have 4-5 songs to start with)

Yasumi

Banned
The code includes both songs and costumes. You can check if you have them unlocked in Free play (by default you only have 4-5 songs to start with)
Double-checked and the code in the case was definitely only for the costumes. Oh well, 60 songs is still quite a lot.

Double-checked and the code in the case was definitely only for the costumes. Oh well, 60 songs is still quite a lot.

My bad. Just checked and the code with songs is indeed in the 2nd cover.

I got mine from NY (I didn't pre-order, I just casually placed order on release day) so not sure why you guys didn't get it. Probably they ran out of the code or forgot to attach it. Maybe you should try to contact CS?

Whoo finally beaten Step 13. Always got S on the first song but always got a terrible chart on the 2nd. Finally got lucky on the 2nd song which only had two directional notes.

Yet I had no trouble with Step 14 with the Hide modifier or Step 15 which just had some odd notes.

What also helped was instead of focusing on getting 100% Colorful I instead focused on maintaining the combo to get the Chain Bonus points in the end.

macklelol

Whoo finally beaten Step 13. Always got S on the first song but always got a terrible chart on the 2nd. Finally got lucky on the 2nd song which only had two directional notes.

Yet I had no trouble with Step 14 with the Hide modifier or Step 15 which just had some odd notes.

What also helped was instead of focusing on getting 100% Colorful I instead focused on maintaining the combo to get the Chain Bonus points in the end.

Nice job. If you ever try Step 17, you'll see how the Hide modifier is a real pain in the ass. Step 14 has really easy clear requirements and Inner Arts is a pretty easy song. And yeah, the extra points for your combo at the end is important, and as long as you get above 75% Colorful you're not really losing too much points.

Got past Step 21 somehow and breezed through the rest of the steps up to Step 25. I thought I was gonna get stuck on Step 24 (3 songs with Hide), but I cleared it with a single try. I'll just say Step 21 is a bunch of bullshit and I hate it.

Step 25 looks pretty tough. Gotta play the last three songs you unlock in a row and
clear with an S rank and less than 15 misses total
. Probably gonna have to practice those songs some more before I try that step.

Luigi87

My copy should arrive tomorrow or Thursday.
I want it so much. I need my Japanese rhythms!

Though I'll be playing on my NA PSN account, so no DLC for me...

Luigi87

Just got my copy... Now I think, do I play on my regular NA PSN account, or get a second PSTV for cheap to play on my JPSN account with my unused memory card so I can get DLC...

Had my copy for a week or so and decided to start into it tonight. Really, really impressed with the couple of hours I've put in - presentation is absolutely amazing throughout and the actual mechanics are both fun and challenging, constantly keeping you on your toes.

Song selection is great so far too. This really feel like a big step forward for the whole genre, shame it's not getting localised even if it is fairly import friendly.

luminous

My copy finally arrived earlier today! I've been playing it during pretty much the whole day

It's really great so far, not disappointed at all. They really nailed the presentation here... the menus and the music on them are all very pretty. I really like the MVs they did for songs like Yumemi Gokochi, they're real well made. The real-time MVs aren't as elaborate as something you'd see in PjD which is kind of a bummer but considering all the content and pricing of the game the low-budget look of them isn't much of a problem. It's not like they're downright ugly either

My only real complaint would be that I wish there was an extra difficulty especially for the first few songs cause it seems like they kind of held back on those due to them being the first few you play... making the Step-up Play modifiers available on Free Play would've probably helped with that, shame that isn't possible.Thankfully though the later songs are much more challenging, and from the DLC songs I've played it seems they didn't hold back on them at all

JPS Kai

Getting closer and closer to that platinum.

Got my IA/VT all clear, all costumes, etc. Just gotta play my favorite song 20 times, use every note sound, then whatever the my list stuff is.

hamchan

Hmmm up to Step Up Hard 16. Haven't had to retry anything yet, so easier than I expected. The vanishing notes step was actually fairly lenient since you only needed a C.

I caved and ordered a second memory for a jp account. Not yet sure if I'm going to buy all the dlc packs since they are quite pricy (and numerable).

The song list really grew on me; quite a lot of good songs. It could use a bit more variety (especially with all the Jin songs that sound so homogenous) but very pleased with it.

Top Bottom