• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Trailer and Screens - Spring 2011

Danielsan said:
I also think that 60FPS would look really jarring in these games.
A 60fps emulator video was posted in one of the previous threads, just finished watching it on my PS3.

Definitely changes the look of the game, more so than I would have expected. Its certainly not bad looking, but quite different.
Here is the video if anyone missed it or is interested:
jett said:
Wanna see what SotC looks like when it runs in HD and at 60fps?

Here's a video of that split in 3 parts:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZF4MZGZI -part1
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M4UFBGFJ -part2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X0FN4FDG -part3
Warning: spoilers
After seeing this...I'm gonna disappointed if the PS3 port doesn't at 60fps.
I actually thought the video was 1080p when I started watching it.

Branduil said:
Then why did SotC run at 60fps at times?
I only remember the game going up to 60fps if you managed to get Wander indoors standing in a corner with the camera facing a wall. I don't believe any extended portion of gameplay is 60fps.

The framerate just didn't have a cap, maybe that would have hurt performance or something (I don't know how it works)?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Seda said:
4995208642_a20b9d11b5_b.jpg

I'd love to see a 3D trailer on PSN showing stuff like this.

Oh God, this sounds amazing. I wanted 3D support. I don't mind if it's only 30fps (as long as it's rock solid) because the re-texturing and 1080p makes it worth it.

seady said:
So damn pretty.
Did they redo a lot of the graphics?
In the Last Guardian conference it was stated that there is texture re-working.

EDIT: To be more precise, here is what was said in a liveblog by Kotaku.
11:25
McWhertor: Sounds like they're doing some heavy texture re-work on these re-releases.

dock

Yesyesyes! SOTC with nicer frame rate, and ICO with widescreen, and generally a little bit more sparkly. Very happy to see these released.

El-Suave

Do we know who's doing the port? Is it Team ICO themseves or is it outsourced to another studio like the GoW and Sly collections were?

Danielsan

El-Suave said:
Do we know who's doing the port? Is it Team ICO themseves or is it outsourced to another studio like the GoW and Sly collections were?
It seems Team ICO themselves are doing the remasters. Which would also explain the 2011 holiday release date for The Last Guardian. On the one hand that makes me sad, on the other hand I really don't think anyone else but the masters themselves should be allowed retouch these games.

Carl

Day 1. Never did manage to find a copy of ICO, but i LOVE LOVE LOVE SoTC :) Can't wait to give ICO a go knowing how awesome SoTC is.

Also, i NEED a fucking 3DTV now.

If I cared about framerate, I'd be disappointed about the lack of 60, but frankly as long as it's stable, I'm in. SotC is going to look a lot better and it saves me shelling out for a PS2 copy of ICO.

Having never played both of these......that trailer gave me goosebumps.

A no doubt day 1 for me! Can’t wait to see what all the fuss is about. :D

Top Bottom