• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection: Trailer and Screens - Spring 2011

leehom

Yes!, all over my face.

Can someone tell whoever is doing the port to give us the option for Japanese voices with English subtitles plzzzzzz?????

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Jonnyram said:
:lol I just spat my dinner all over my monitor.
There are tons of 30fps lovers when it comes to ICO/SotC. I'm one of them... I wouldn't want to see SotC in 60fps. 30fps would be perfect.

Luigiv

Gravijah said:
you wouldn't play silent hill without fog
That's not the same thing. In Silent Hill, the "fog" is actually fog, in Team ICO games, the fog is just their to hide Pop-in. The worst part about it is since the games have almost no colour to begin with, the fog only proves to obscure the graphics further.

Just watch this. The HD emulated version with the fog disabled has way more atmosphere then the beige smudge.

Gravijah

Luigiv said:
That's not the same thing. In Silent Hill, the "fog" is actually fog, in Team ICO games, the fog is just their to hide Pop-in. The worst part about it is since the games have almost no colour to begin with, the fog only proves to obscure the graphics further.

Just watch this. The HD emulated version with the fog disabled has way more atmosphere then the beige smudge.

stop trying to take my fog away

Yoboman

Luigiv said:

No it isn't. The fog has never been obscuring in any way in the ICO games

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Luigiv said:
I saw that video before and I agree with what I said in a previous thread:
Saw the SD vs HD... am I crazy for liking the SD version more? That shit doesn't look like ICO to me.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Luigiv said:
in Team ICO games, the fog is just their to hide Pop-in.
How can you hide something inside something that doesn't actually obscure anything (only 'smudge' as you call it).

Luigiv

Yoboman said:
No it isn't. The fog has never been obscuring in any way in the ICO games
Look at the wide shot of the bridge at the end of the video. You can barely make out what you're looking at in the fog enable build. The fact that you also get shots like that during gameplay and can barely see the character just makes things worse too.

I was really hoping that this time the devs would let us see the art assets they so painstakingly rendered, but it looks like they're still shy about it.

30 is disappointing, but the trailer looked nice enough so I'll be happy with it. Should've been 60, though.

I'm just glad I can finally play these games without a ton of technical issues. :D

Amir0x

Banned
Yoshichan said:
There are tons of 30fps lovers when it comes to ICO/SotC. I'm one of them... I wouldn't want to see SotC in 60fps. 30fps would be perfect.

my head...it literally hurts after reading this...

ScOULaris

A constant 30 FPS more closely resembles film than a locked 60 FPS. So I can understand why people prefer it for these two games.

Leckan

This TGS is overwhelming my senses with the awesome. Better than both E3 and Gamescom this year which I didn't expect after last year's travesty.

Luigiv

ScOULaris said:
A constant 30 FPS more closely resembles film than a locked 60 FPS. So I can understand why people prefer it for these two games.
Games are not films. In fact 24FPS footage has been holding the film industry back for years, it would be a shame to let the same broken logic hold back games too.

That being said 30fps is still a huge improvement over 10fps, so I'm still happy with it.

Amir0x

Banned
Gravijah said:
If these games were released in 2007: "WOW SONY IS SO LAZY CAN'T THEY THINK OF SOME ORIGINAL SHIT?"

LOL PS3 IS SO BOMBA IT CAN'T EVEN GET EXCLUSIVES FROM ITS OWN FIRST PARTIES

This is just wrong. I want a 360 Slim arcade for Christmas to replace my big loud one when I could buy a PS2 and some games for less! Hell, maybe I'll finally buy a PS2 and demote my 360 to a peasant console for just Rock Band and every Japanese game that doesn't come out on the PC.

Le-mo

Now that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus is geting their remake lets go bug Sony about Legend of Dragoon!!!!!!!Who's with me?

*Cricket :(

day 1, for sure. I never got to play Ico and I would welcome the opportunity to play a remastered SOTC on my 42", seeing as how the last time I played it was on a 19" :lol

Gravijah

ChoklitReign said:
This is just wrong. I want a 360 Slim arcade for Christmas to replace my big loud one when I could buy a PS2 and some games for less! Hell, maybe I'll finally buy a PS2 and demote my 360 to a peasant console for just Rock Band and every Japanese game that doesn't come out on the PC.

YEAH BUDDY ROLLIN' LIKE A BIG SHOT

Hydrargyrus

Le-mo said:
Now that Ico and Shadow of the Colossus is geting their remake lets go bug Sony about Legend of Dragoon!!!!!!!Who's with me?

*Cricket :(

I don't know why sony doen't make something with IPs like Alundra, Legend of Dragoon...

Definitely getting this. Never played Ico and SOTC is one of the best games I've played, shame about no 60fps though but oh well 30 would be a big improvement.

and lol at the guys defending 30 fps, I swear GAF is too weird for me sometimes.

MvmntInGrn said:
A 60fps emulator video was posted in one of the previous threads, just finished watching it on my PS3.

Definitely changes the look of the game, more so than I would have expected. Its certainly not bad looking, but quite different.
Here is the video if anyone missed it or is interested:

I actually thought the video was 1080p when I started watching it.

Man of all the host sites why did it have to be megaupload which is blocked for me :/

Is the file up on something like hotfile or MediaFire ?

Hydrargyrus said:
I don't know why sony doen't make something with IPs like Alundra, Legend of Dragoon...

Alundra would probably require Vireland's involvement. And while I would love to see a return of Working Designs, the chance of that happening is pretty small :(

TheThunder said:
Man of all the host sites why did it have to be megaupload which is blocked for me :/

Is the file up on something like hotfile or MediaFire ?
I wouldn't know, sorry. jett originally posted the links(though I don't believe he uploaded the files) and I think he is banned now :lol

Le-mo

Hydrargyrus said:
Cause SCEJ are idiots. I've clocked about 45 hours into LoD and I can honestly say it is in the top 3 games I've played this gen. Currently on disc 3 and will finish it before school starts on the 27th.

Gravijah

MvmntInGrn said:
I wouldn't know, sorry. jett originally posted the links(though I don't believe he uploaded the files) and I think he is banned now :lol

...Again? How do you people manage to get banned so often? :lol

Mad_Ban

Can't wait. :)

I'm honestly not surprised that SotC is 30fps on PS3. With the amount of particle effects that game pushes out wouldn't be surprised if there was a fps dip here or there during the collossi battles (I'm happy to be proved wrong though).

Ridley327

I'm not jumping for joy that they're 30 fps, but the important thing is that SotC is finally going to be running at a steady clip after all of these years. With how expensive ICO has gotten, this collection is a no-brainer for anyone with even a passing interest in both titles.

ScOULaris said:
This is a VIDEO GAME, not a movie. Everyone knows 60>30. GAF is insane at times.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I'm insanely excited for this collection. A bit sad it won't be out til Spring, but I'll deal with it.

Lain

I'll buy this collection day 1 when it comes out here. I hope SCEE will do a nice edition for it like they did for ICO and SotC before, as I love both of those two edition they handled.

Yoboman

Gravijah said:
The game already goes up to 60 FPS at times, though. I would figure they'd be fine at 60 FPS.
Well you kinda had to get into the corner of a wall to get it that way. It rarely got above 30, and others said if it did it's because the game wasn't v-synced

Yoboman

zoukka said:
IThat looks nice, I don't know why they arne't going for 60, maybe Ueda prefers 30. There's no reason ICO couldn't run at 60 for example. I can only guess SotC had a lot of intricate coding that is hard to redo on PS3 hardware.

Top Bottom