• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Iconic/Memorable Console and game Ads

First Thread, be nice you Bastards.

Anyway, having seen a few of the PS5 ads posted, and in reply, a few Ads from other generations, what Ad do you fondly remember and why?

My entry...

I don't know why (Probably as I had a Master System) at the time but I remember this vividly. I bloody loved this ad and I CRAVED an Amiga. It was like a PC, but with Games! Well, that was the thought anyway, not sure if I was trying to convince myself or my parents. More oddly, this song will ALWAYS be attached to this Ad for me and I bloody love it. As soon as I hear it I hark back to those heady days of gaming and childlike innocence.

Last edited:

GreyHorace

It won them the generation. :messenger_winking_tongue:

But seriously, I quite liked Sony's A Day with Playstation Ad.

The Long Live Play commercial was also pretty cool:

And the Nintendo Switch's reveal was also a great advertisement:

Evil Smurf King

Neo Member
I couldn't find anywhere that Williams' Final Doom PSX magazine ads.

You vs Them: "you" a tiny ant, "them" dozens of these red ants on the surroundings. Really great and good'ol 90's ad.

Vindicator

Quake_1.jpg

Stare-Bear

Banned
Sony has been killing it with weird and wonderful commercials for their systems. This 21 year old advert for the PS1 for example;

Or the commercial that inspired World War Z...

To me, the Ratchet & Clank PS2 commercials were just as iconic as the old-school Crash commercials.

Last edited:
Top Bottom