• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ideas For Games That Are So Obvious But Don't Exist

I'd probably be okay with a story written like Sonic Adventure 2.... but after Forces, I'm not so sure Sonic Team can write a "dark" story with that quality anymore.(in regards to outside Sonic games, the IDW did some interesting things with that Metal Virus Arc... but then the ending ruined it by being a complete cop-out AND retroactively making everyone look stupid in retrospect, so I'm not so sure that taking a writer from there's the best idea either)

Nintendo would not be one I'd associate with well-written narrative, but I'd probably take a story written by them over current Sonic Team's.
Of course, Nintendo would probably tightly control the writing anyway; God forbid Mario interacts with a non-standardized Koopa or Bob-omb design after Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door!
What I meant is something in the style of Sonic 3 where it's not really dark but it has a sense of adventure and it's simple but serious. Btw Frontiers (and possibly future Sonic games) is being written by Ian Flynn who did write post-reboot archie and IDW anyways.

Last edited:

Banned
Killer 7 port on the Wii... HOW WAS THAT NOT A THING?

Killer 7 is a game in which you move forwards by pressing the A button... THE A BUTTON
hqdefault.jpg

and you turn around by pressing B, on Wii that would FIT PERFECTLY if they would bind it to D-Pad Down!

it is a game where you chose which way to go by choosing the path at each intersection...
which you can do with a D-Pad for example or maybe a POINTER!!!!
Kill7_04_1_angel_17.jpg

it is also a game in which you hold down a button in order to change into a Light-Gun like shooting mode where you move a cursor around in order to shoot at enemies in a more or less stationary camera perspective.
tumblr_mib2aou7Zu1r8uz24o1_400.gif

it also also was on GameCube which has basically the same Architecture making a port EASY AS FUCK

so answer me Gaf... AND CAPCOM! why was this 👇 never a thing?
BVPAUI7.png

IT WAS THE PERFECT WII GAME AND NEVER RELEASED ON THE WII!!!

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Mix a Vanillaware game art style

hqdefault.jpg

1-Portada.jpg

With Aztec mythology

king-spear-thrower-warrior-1586352130.png

and final chapters talk about Spanish-Aztec war

Last edited:
Persona 5 but it's Harry Potter.

joker is pretty much an anime Harry Potter anyway :messenger_tears_of_joy: change ryuji to ron and ann to hermione. shujin to hogwarts.

Last edited:
Destiny allowing us to actually play as some of these iconic characters they've given us over the years.
whether it be a hero shooter. Or some kinda spin-off single player game. I want to be Cayde-6, Saint-14, Lord Saladin, Osiris.....figure it out and let me be them

buenoblue

Open world resident evil. Set in fully mapped out Racoon City included surrounding Forrest and grass land. Open world zombies and monsters gameplay. Missions can take place in the mansion, police station, school for that scripted resi feel. Progression unlocked through weapons and abilities ala old school Zelda. Unreal 5 level graphics.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Simulation games are pretty much all but dead these days, but it’d be great if someone strove for a more advanced take on The Sims.

The Virts was an interesting take but I’m sure they could advance it much further.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I feel like not much of what makes Dune great would translate well to a game? Maybe a Mass Effect type RPG set in the universe?
That's exactly what came to mind. It's deep lore with some added environments along with being able to explore Arrakis, the sparkling sand filled with spice would look very good with current gen graphics and the giant sandworms. Some Mass Effect like combat and whew

Sweating James Mcavoy GIF

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
A Grand Theft Auto entry set in the 1970s

It could make for one of the most visually unique settings in a GTA game to date imo. Like a time capsule of 1970s, in all its good & bad.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Crash Bandicoot and Uncharted got me thinking.

What if there was a game that did psychological 4th wall breaks like Doki Doki (not necessarily horror, but) and had you play the game on like three different fronts? Like you're playing a game, and then through certain events it becomes a mechanic that you your player in the game was actually playing the game in world that you've been playing up to this point, and you now have a game within a game (different genre for extra fuckery) and then eventually it spills out into having to do real world tasks like manipulating files and moving locations of things, and like emailing or calling a number set up by the studio to gain information necessary to complete tasks in game. Like an ARG meet Sword Art Online meets Inception. Weed.

aclar00

Weightloss game. PS Eye and Kinect scan you and you have to do lose weight....the cameras scan you every week to measure if youve loss any cm off your body size...if you didnt Âłthen you can only play exercise games and nothing else....dunt dunt dunnnnn

It will also yell obscenities at you

I was playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows from 1994. Between missions you can buy energy/shields/weapons with money you earn during missions and it made me think that I don't really remember any other shmup doing that. Then an idea occured: shmup with diablo like loot and class system for your ship.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
A Musical Game of the Legend of Zelda.

A Terminator game with the elements of Resident evil classics... Specially RE2.

Capcom should make a Terminator game.

Castlevania Reboot. With coop with From Software, exactly like a Bloodborne game.

Last edited:

Hollowpoint5557

A Fucking Idiot
Ninja Turtles game done like the Batman Arkham series. Be Donatello and use his gadgets and fighting abilities to take down the Foot Clan and Shredder. So many characters are available to be the bosses.

Rayderism

A game that goes absolutely AGAINST all the current woke trends and current day so-called "moralities" and general ridiculousness, but fully embraces and totally makes fun of all that stuff that is currently considered "offensive", and various truths that would get you labled an "ist" or "ism" today.

If any dev was brave enough to do that....well, I'd laugh pretty hard.

CamHostage

The most obvious idea I can think of that doesn't exist (as far as I know... but probably does in some indie game at some level of scale or execution) is a cross-country racing game that uses a real map of that country.

c4J5v.gif

There was a bit of agog over The Crew 2 doing coast-to-coast racing of America, even though that was a massively compressed version of the US. A game-made map instead of a "realistic" map ultimately is a good thing for most players in a game like The Crew, as these games are built for fun rather than realism... but still, some people still wanted more, and a Seattle-to-Miami trip that can be driven in "only" one hour is not the end of the road for some driving fans. (The Crew 2 map isn't exactly inclusive of a lot of sadly skipped states either.) Since Crew 2 came out in 2018, we haven't really seen interest yet in pushing that concept even further. Forza Horizon 5 is a massive and joyous map to drive on, but it's not by any stretch a map of Mexico. Test Drive Unlimited is coming back, and promises a "real-world location built at 1:1 scale" of Hong Kong Island, that will be interesting to see how its roads factor into the racing challenges of the game, but it's still just 30 miles squared even if it is anywhere near honest with its layout. (TDU1 was also "1:1" on Xbox 360 and PSP/PS2, it wasn't necessarily accurate but it did have a general satellite map layout for its base and I remember it did a nice job of approximating most major highways.) Microsoft put together a map of the world to fly over in Flight Sim, but will we ever get a driving game that puts us down at ground-level of that big digital Earth?

Last edited:

Xane

I was playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows from 1994. Between missions you can buy energy/shields/weapons with money you earn during missions and it made me think that I don't really remember any other shmup doing that. Then an idea occured: shmup with diablo like loot and class system for your ship.
This is, oddly enough, the only type of SHMUP I enjoy, and there's only a handfull of them like that:

Raptor - Call of the Shadows
Tyrian 2000
Jets 'n Guns 1 & 2
Drifting Lands (I guess? It's a bit too slow-paced for my liking tho)

Last edited:

silentstorm

Stealth Scooby-Doo game, every level has a huge area, Scooby-Doo and Shaggy must avoid a monster or manage to run away from it, they can find or make silly cartoonist disguises and maybe even prepare traps, the rest of the gang is unplayable and are solving the case.

Top Bottom