• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle Thumbs Megathread | Indepth discussion inbetween horsebags and birdsounds

Noaloha

Thoroughly enjoyed that. A five-hour cast can't be easy either. Thanks crew!

And Chris, I know you mentioned this as an aside more than anything, but if you're gonna finally sit down with Crusader Kings 2, consider looking up some of the popular starter guides, or read (or play along with) a nice prose Let's Play beforehand (during). It's pretty much one of *those* games. There's a lot to be said for having something akin to JP's 'Easing You Into X-Com' pamphlet to hand during the first foray into dynastic ambitioneering. Example 1. Example 2.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Since I've spent almost the entire day watching IT anyway, I figured I'd catch up on the other twitch streams I missed.. JP has really cool hair.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Idle Thumbs is so inspiring. As someone who is on the verge of having a top of the line pc built, but not quite yet... I haven't really played games in months but every time I hear them describe a game I'm just like "oh right, this is what I'm in it for. THIS is what I fell in love with as a child" Just watching the xcom stream.. seeing 3 fully grown men just spontaneously playing make believe about the characters really drove home whats its all about. Great day. Great stream. Thanks for coming back, IT.

Jake

Nah, we should be getting a proper cast as well. I think you're doing it wrong.
We talked about it but it would mean we'd be recording tomorrow, a day after a five hour cast... It would be a worthless episode, or at least a not-great one.

Jintor

I love that they upgraded from sirens to freaking jets for the ruinationcast

/edit sweet, my question got lots of talkiness

Shaneus

We talked about it but it would mean we'd be recording tomorrow, a day after a five hour cast... It would be a worthless episode, or at least a not-great one.
I was only yanking your chain... I doubt there were many of us that would've been able to listen to the whole five hours anyway (at least, outside of the US).

From what I managed to catch this morning (from around 6am to 7am our time, which made me late for work TYVM) it was a great stream.

If I can be so fussy though, is there a chance that you guys might be able to release the video with the "better" audio dubbed over the top? If not directly on the site, then maybe on YouTube or something. The audio wasn't all that great on the stream so it'd be a bonus to have something that can be watched and listened to at the same time if possible.

PS. Your avatar (for some reason) reminds me of the first scene in the original Sam & Max with the robot scientist guy:
racrx.jpg

Norfair

I wish I'd have paid enough to ask you guys if you'd tried Kerbal Space Program. I really think this would be up Chris' alley.

I went back and listened to the Surprisecast after this, to compare their relative ruination compared to the Ruinationcast, and now I really wish someone had made their topic be "surprise animals".

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
For a 5 hour cast, the Ruination cast is actually really good the whole way through. The Thumbs Guys should be proud.

commissar

Yeah I finally finished listening to it this morning. Stayed interesting and fun throughout, nice!

Also I'm quite looking forwards to the eventual Far Cry 3 discussion on why Far Cry 2 is so good ;]

ArjanN

For a 5 hour cast, the Ruination cast is actually really good the whole way through. The Thumbs Guys should be proud.

It was good, the only problem I have with it is that even though it's long there were so many subjects that some of them didn't really get discussed.

Rufus

It was good, the only problem I have with it is that even though it's long there were so many subjects that some of them didn't really get discussed.
Another way to look at it is that it was this long despite them not discussing those.

Jintor

Hey Chris,

Could you put the title of next month's book somewhere prominently on the Bookcast page or on the idle mainpage itself?

The Dishonoured title image looks fucking baller.

Jake

Hey Chris,

Could you put the title of next month's book somewhere prominently on the Bookcast page or on the idle mainpage itself?

The Dishonoured title image looks fucking baller.

We need to do another rev to the site to support things like that well, but the title of the next book is hiding in plain sight on http://idlebookclub.com. It's in an unlikely place, and we don't support showing cover images and stuff yet unfortunately.

Shaneus

Jesus fuck, I just realised that the landscape that those characters are looking over in the Idle Thumbs header is that of Far Cry 2. That picture is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jesus fuck, I just realised that the landscape that those characters are looking over in the Idle Thumbs header is that of Far Cry 2. That picture is the gift that keeps on giving.

The one with the puffin and the wizard? The one that also has the Far Cry 2 dude on it? :p

Fredescu

I'm finally coming to the end of the Ruinationcast and I have to say it's pretty damn good. You guys really gave all the questions a fair shake, even hours into it. I kinda wish I asked a food question now as I found those the most entertaining.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Is it the real scoops on this cast, or another bait and switch? Cuz I already heard Klepick talk xcom and Dishonored on another cast this week.

Kraut

So as someone who probably won't play Dishonored nor XCOM for several months, should I skip this one? Not too concerned about spoilers for XCOM, but I'd like to go into Dishonored as a prime virgin.

Shaneus

If episode threads still existed you'd be able to read the description which says its Gaynor... :'''(
Well, if we knew it was Gaynor then maybe an episode thread would get created!
;)

It's only been for the last two or three that they haven't. I'd step up to the plate but I feel I'd be doing you guys a disservice by screwing it up somehow.

Top Bottom