• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: IEM Season VIII: Cologne – StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm

Mlatador

Banned
ROFLMAO, AHAHAHAHAH, that was such a funny story to hear!! OMG! Was just playing MK7 and couldn't finish the race, because of laughing! :D

Damn, this organizer is such a crazy guy!

So much salt in this thread. Don't you guys ever get sick of whinging? Holy crap.

So do we all generally prefer the far greater color saturation that comes with Gameheart observer UI?

We had that mod over a year ago and blizzard in their wisdom fucked it up for us.

kasane

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ THE POWER OF PROTOSS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

WE TWITCH NAO?

Zen

Banned
Polt outplayed Hero tremendously in that game in spite of taking horrendous loses. Good series so far.

Polt outplayed Hero tremendously in that game in spite of taking horrendous loses. Good series so far.

In what way? Outside of that one engagement polt was outplayed the entire match.

The story of every TvP.

Except Polt has somehow found the ungodly resilience to win.

That's not true at all but i'm not really sure why i respond to posts in this thread anyway, it's an echo chamber.

In what way? Outside of that one engagement polt was outplayed the entire match.

That's not true at all but i'm not really sure why i respond to posts in this thread anyway, it's an echo chamber.

Come on AdventureRacing don't be like that.

Polt dropped on HerO and crushed his main nexus and a lot of Zealots for free. HerO was out played. Heck HerO had the advantage and was outplayed because of Polt's better decision making.

If its not true then please give some examples. Just saying its not true and leaving it at that isn't good enough man. I have never seen a TvP lately where the Terran is really ahead unless some sort of cheese failed or a big blunder by the Protoss with throwing away units.

With the threat of Blink and Oracles, a Protoss can usually get a 3rd much earlier, get their upgrades much earlier and then tech safely with MSC which makes them very ahead the whole game.

We aren't going to jump on you or hate on you.

Look its obvious that people were pissed JD lost and Protoss is getting hate for that, specifically HerO. Protoss in general is going to get hate because people will do that vs any race. Zerg went through this thanks to Infestor/BL, Terran went through this with GOMTvT and now its Toss's turn.

Its important to take your position in this discussion and talk to us about why Protoss doesn't deserve the hate or why what Samurai said is not true.

Anyways not looking good for Polt.

SamuraiX-

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ THE POWER OF STORM ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

much skill

very talent

wow

survivor

Banned
Good multitasking by Hero by harassing all mineral lines. Though Polt is still deadly even when he falls behind economically.

Paches

Good multitasking by Hero by harassing all mineral lines. Though Polt is still deadly even when he falls behind economically.

Problem was Polt's equally amount of harrass that was spread out at the main and 3rd was instantly deflected by 2 high templars and nexus cannon. Meanwhile zealots are spewing out nonstop in his base.

Zen

Banned

It was Polts control, positioning and decision making that allowed him to stay in and win game 2, despite losing nearly 70 SCVs over the course of the match, just losing 2/3rd of a mineral line in 3 seconds to a storm drop isn't being out played, it's just what kind of happens because of how each race interacts. His reactions were solid aside in almost every circumstance. hero made mistakes the entire game (such as making that one bad attack that gave Polt breathing room) and Polt usually didn't. It's just harder for Polt to micro against storms, watch his natural for a storm drop and pull his SCVs from his third from Zealot warp ins all virtually at the same time. Hero is certainly capable of multitasking as much as Polt, but we didn't see that in game 2. He was able to abuse the greater multitasking required of Polt for comparatively less actions in those three locations.

SamuraiX-

Polt's control and scouting with a single Reaper has been the best I've ever seen.

Just keeps juking Stalkers and finding openings.

Come on AdventureRacing don't be like that.

Have you read any of this thread? Most of it is just balance whining. It's just painful reading any SC2 thread right now because you have to wade through massive piles of salt. Honestly i think i should probably take EJ's lead.

Polt dropped on HerO and crushed his main nexus and a lot of Zealots for free. HerO was out played. Heck HerO had the advantage and was outplayed because of Polt's better decision making.

Hero was ahead the entire game. It got tons of damage done with both his zealot warpins and DT play. Polt was just leaving proxy pylons everywhere (one was basically right in his 3rd base). He never built a bunker and took constant damage. He lost 60 probes to harass.

Hero was a mile ahead until he went for that huge engagement which left him in basically an un winnable position which polt took advantage of.

If its not true then please give some examples. Just saying its not true and leaving it at that isn't good enough man.

Sorry i didn't know i was required to give a huge amount of analysis when replying to posts just complaining about imba.

With the threat of Blink and Oracles, a Protoss can usually get a 3rd much earlier, get their upgrades much earlier and then tech safely with MSC which makes them very ahead the whole game.

I wasn't talking about TvP as a whole i was talking about that match and in that match hero was outplaying polt for most of it. I've already acknowledged that protoss is a little strong in TvP and what i would do to fix it (blizz is already looking into it) so i'm not sure what else you want.

Look its obvious that people were pissed JD lost and Protoss is getting hate for that, specifically HerO. Protoss in general is going to get hate because people will do that vs any race. Zerg went through this thanks to Infestor/BL, Terran went through this with GOMTvT and now its Toss's turn.

JD isn't invincible, he like everyone else can actually lose games. I don't really care if people are salty about that.

Terran didn't get nearly this level of complaining btw despite dominating most of WoL (not just during gomTvT). In fact we still got shitloads of this protoss whining even when they were weak.

Its important to take your position in this discussion and talk to us about why Protoss doesn't deserve the hate or why what Samurai said is not true.

Samurai never explained his position what exactly was their to even argue against? He said polt outplayed hero i said it was the other way around. That's generally the amount of analysis you find in posts on the subject.

It was Polts control, positioning and decision making that allowed him to stay in and win game 2, despite losing nearly 70 SCVs over the course of the match, just losing 2/3rd of a mineral line in 3 seconds to a storm drop isn't being out played, it's just what kind of happens because of how each race interacts. His reactions were solid aside in almost every circumstance. hero made mistakes the entire game (such as making that one bad attack that gave Polt breathing room) and Polt usually didn't.

He lost most of those scv's to zealot warpins from a pylon basically in his base (a bunker would have stopped all of it). Don't try and pretend it was all to storm drops, that's bullshit. Polt made a shitload of mistakes as did hero. Polt didn't even check for that proxy even after like 5 warpins right into his mineral line.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Love that more tournaments are using the timer countdown. So nice.

MSC down!
Have you read any of this thread? Most of it is just balance whining. It's just painful reading any SC2 thread right now because you have to wade through massive piles of salt. Honestly i think i should probably take EJ's lead.
I complain since I don't play anymore and I just want good entertaining games. A large part of Protoss play, for me, is not very interesting.

Zen

Banned
He lost most of those scv's to zealot warpins from a pylon basically in his base (a bunker would have stopped all of it). Don't try and pretend it was all to storm drops, that's bullshit. Polt made a shitload of mistakes as did hero. Polt didn't even check for that proxy even after like 5 warpins right into his mineral line.

Polt didn't make as many mistakes and Hero throughout the game, that's why I said generally.

And I didn't say it was all from storm drops, I was just citing why losing a ton of workers to a storm drop isn't always an example of being outplayed. Hero was smart to split Polts attention given that Terran has to multitask more, especially on harasses. But Polt outplayed Hero in Game 2. He had better control, multitasked better, had far better positioning and decision making which is what let him not outright die and eventually win.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Uncharacteristic loss of WP from HerO :/
Protosssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

When P just dumps all minerals into 40 Zealots I wonder what just a few BF Hellions, scattered mines, or Tanks could do. Not the core, just a few.

Paches

Zealot A-move up a hill + a couple storms.

Lol, here come 20 more zealots. Oh well. Polt should have had the ghosts on the flanking group I suppose.

Polt didn't make as many mistakes and Hero throughout the game, that's why I said generally.

And I didn't say it was all from storm drops, I was just citing why losing a ton of workers to a storm drop isn't always an example of being outplayed. Hero was smart to split Polts attention given that Terran has to multitask more, especially on harasses. But Polt outplayed Hero in Game 2. He had better control, multitasked better, had far better positioning and decision making which is what let him not outright die and eventually win.

He won because hero massively overcommited to that attack and got his army demolished. The rest of the game hero outplayed him. Hero definitely out multitasked polt in that game (and generally in this series).

Zen

Banned
Still managing the fight at the third, on two fronts, was pretty nice.

He won because hero massively overcommited to that attack and got his army demolished. The rest of the game hero outplayed him. Hero definitely out multitasked polt in that game (and generally in this series).

Except the game normalized after that as Polt got rebuffed at the third, and Polt then slowly got small wins from pulling Hero of of position repeatedly and nailing him with drops while basically making no micro mistakes over the course of the rest of the game (something that can't be under stated in the MU). Polt outplayed Hero in game 2 even though he took huge losses before and after the blunder from hero, mainly from storm drops and not the runbys.

Paches

The problem I have with what we are seeing is that it is painfully obvious in these matches that when they are both harassing each other, Protoss can both harass the opponent better with less units, and defend better with less units. To boot, the units they use to harass require MUCH less attention to be paid to them (charge zealots and/or use the HT for a spell or 2).

Except the game normalized after that as Polt got rebuffed at the third, and Polt then slowly got small wins from pulling Polt of of position repeatedly and nailing him with drops while basically making no micro mistakes. Polt outplayed Hero in game 2 even though he took huge losses before and after the blunder from hero, mainly from storm drops and not the runbys.

When did it normalize? Hero was way down on army supply for the rest of the game. If anything it only got close because polt just sat in the middle of the map with his huge army (up over 60 army supply) whilst hero rebuilt.

Obviously we are going to disagree on this. The difference is it can be an actual discussion and not just pages upon pages of complaining. Polt himself has been great in the matchup and from what he has said seems pretty confident with it.

SamuraiX-

Sorry but throwing down a proxy pylons, warping in Zealots and DTs and just rallying them to mineral lines is not outplaying/outmultitasking a Terran that has to constantly micro Medivac drops, split against Storms and sutter step against Zealots just to stay alive.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Polt just build 2 fucking turrets or leave 3 marines in your base ffs

Gotta give props to the continued harass choice and execution though

LOL TERRAN

Hero was ahead the entire game. It got tons of damage done with both his zealot warpins and DT play. Polt was just leaving proxy pylons everywhere (one was basically right in his 3rd base). He never built a bunker and took constant damage. He lost 60 probes to harass.

Hero was a mile ahead until he went for that huge engagement which left him in basically an un winnable position which polt took advantage of.

Sorry i didn't know i was required to give a huge amount of analysis when replying to posts just complaining about imba.

I wasn't talking about TvP as a whole i was talking about that match and in that match hero was outplaying polt for most of it. I've already acknowledged that protoss is a little strong in TvP and what i would do to fix it (blizz is already looking into it) so i'm not sure what else you want.

JD isn't invincible, he like everyone else can actually lose games. I don't really care if people are salty about that.

Terran didn't get nearly this level of complaining btw despite dominating most of WoL (not just during gomTvT). In fact we still got shitloads of this protoss whining even when they were weak.

Samurai never explained his position what exactly was their to even argue against? He said polt outplayed hero i said it was the other way around. That's generally the amount of analysis you find in posts on the subject.

No I disagree. Most of the thread is actually celebrating when people's favorite player passes with a few salty posts thrown in for when their favorite player loses or celebrating a very good game.

If HerO took out 60 workers and Polt brought the game back to a win then that was him being outplayed. Especially since he took the engage you mentioned to make the comeback.

You aren't required to do anything let alone give analysis man but it would be nice to give your own position so we know where you are coming from.

Well that match HerO was ahead thanks to the workers kills and HT tech he got right?

Dude I dunno where you were but there was complaining about Terran. Just because it wasn't as much doesn't mean there wasn't any. BTW Zerg dominated WOL even if Terran started out strong and did very well while Protoss barely got anything.

Samurai's position was that TvP is where the Terran is always behind and has to outplay the Protoss which you don't agree with.

Anyways POLT GO BRING IT BACK!

EmiPrime

Come on Polt!

Polt just build 2 fucking turrets or leave 3 marines in your base ffs

Gotta give props to the continued harass choice and execution though

LOL TERRAN

Meanwhile things Protoss need to defend a harass:

Photon overcharge and a warp in

Top Bottom