• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

if Tekken is going to be @ E3 on PS3. how do you think it will look?

Nozi said:
Anime avatar - check :lol

Def Jam has better character models, environments and lighting. But, oh wait.. no androgynous males, hackenyed character designs or cheesy j-pop. Yeah, you're right :lol

you will not last here..
hopefully

meltpotato said:
i have to admit that I gave up on the series and have not played T5 nor do I have the desire to. If we see a TTT2 on PS3 I will probably pick that up. Maybe it will feel fresh by then, but i've never been a fan of the series. It feels so incredibly stale to me. Even DOA games seem more fun.

You should really play it. Tekken 4 was a mess and most Tekken fans aren't afraid to admit it. But Tekken 5 is a huge step up. While they aren't the same type of game think of it as being the leap ZOE2 had over ZOE1 if you've played them.

Insertia

Pimpwerx said:
As good as the E3 trailer. Definitely that level of detail. Animation had better step the fuck up too. The textures OTOH, I'm not so sure of, but it'll be the bee's knees IMO. PEACE.

qft.

I'm fully expecting characters in Tekken PS3 to look as good as Jin in last years E3 video.

No reason why it shouldn't be a step up from DOA4, VF5, and Fight Night 3.

SolidSnakex said:
You should really play it. Tekken 4 was a mess and most Tekken fans aren't afraid to admit it. But Tekken 5 is a huge step up. While they aren't the same type of game think of it as being the leap ZOE2 had over ZOE1 if you've played them.

Listen to this man!

Nozi

Banned
Here's the problem: Unless the gameplay changes DRAMATICALLY.. it doesnt matter how detailed the characters are, when they are squared off against one another doing the same old tekken moves, to the untrained eye, it's not going to look like a big leap graphically. Like I said, expect intro warm up/dances to be great, then the game to look like somebody's playing tekken 5. (see also the new VF)

Nozi

Banned
CassidyIzABeast said:
if EA could make fight night look that good then Tekken could very well match the trailer

Unfortunately at this stage I feel EA have a much better grip on next gen artwork than Namco. Still, of course that would be nice, but I severely doubt it will come close.

Zer0

Banned
Nozi said:
Here's the problem: Unless the gameplay changes DRAMATICALLY.. it doesnt matter how detailed the characters are, when they are squared off against one another doing the same old tekken moves, to the untrained eye, it's not going to look like a big leap graphically. Like I said, expect intro warm up/dances to be great, then the game to look like somebody's playing tekken 5. (see also the new VF)

like all the other fighting sagas

Nozi said:
Like I said, expect intro warm up/dances to be great, then the game to look like somebody's playing tekken 5. (see also the new VF)

Yah because the impressions from people who've actually played VF5 is that it looks like VF4 during gameplay. Yep.

Shapingo

Nozi said:
Unfortunately at this stage I feel EA have a much better grip on next gen artwork than Namco. Still, of course that would be nice, but I severely doubt it will come close.

What is this based on? What PS3 EA works have you seen to compare to Namco's PS3 work. We all know that Namco's B teams work on 360 so I wouldn't use them to gauge Namco's ability

Nozi said:

uh.. did EA put together the teaser trailer that this entire thread is based on? I'd say that "artwork" is pretty much > or = to FN3

Nozi

Banned
meltpotato said:
uh.. did EA put together the teaser trailer that this entire thread is based on? I'd say that "artwork" is pretty much > or = to FN3

oh please, do I need to explain the differences between realtime and pre-rendered art? :lol

And, to the other poster.. I have seen EA produce great next gen art, and everything from Namco looks poor so far.

Maya

It's gonna look exactly like this...

920588_20050517_screen021.jpg

... but gayer.

Nozi said:
oh please, do I need to explain the differences between realtime and pre-rendered art? :lol

And, to the other poster.. I have seen EA produce great next gen art, and everything from Namco looks poor so far.

uh.. oh please do i need to explain what "art" means to you? :lol what size will you need your WINAR shirt in?

If you want to argue whether or not Namco can Match FN3, then you are SOL because there isnt a comparable title available currently.

Nozi said:

thats b/c you're looking at Namco second string team's work. They haven't shown anything from their A team for next gen yet.

Nozi

Banned
CassidyIzABeast said:
thats b/c you're looking at Namco second string team's work. They haven't shown anything from their A team for next gen yet.

Please link me with any proof that Namco's next gen work has so far all been from their 'second string team'. It's pure BS and speculation. I like dealing with empirical fact, not vague 'b-teams' people invent to justify their beloved companies substandard output.

Nozi said:
Please link me with any proof that Namco's next gen work has so far all been from their 'second string team'. It's pure BS and speculation. I like dealing with empirical fact, not vague 'b-teams' people invent to justify their beloved companies substandard output.

Well neither the Tekken team or Ace Combat teams have made anything for the 360. They're both NAMCO's really big A teams when it comes to graphics.

Nozi

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
Well neither the Tekken team or Ace Combat teams have made anything for the 360. They're both NAMCO's really big A teams when it comes to graphics.

How do you know? do you have the list of employees on their next gen projects? please, share it with us.

Shapingo

Nozi said:

Namco's Hometek team makes Frame City Killer and Love football and both look pretty meh, there is noway you can argue that that development team is a good as the "tekken team"; In fact it is probably Namco's best dev team.

Nozi said:
How do you know? do you have the list of employees on their next gen projects? please, share it with us.

Kinda hard for the Tekken team to be working on other games when they're currently on Tekken PS3 and the Ace team just wrapped up ACZ.

Nozi said:

:lol :lol :lol

who's joke character is this guy?
beyond all the evidence so far, what high profile title has Namco put out so far next gen? (and RR PSP ports dont count)

for the record, i happen to hate Namco games. No bias here, just reason.

Shapingo said:
Namco's Hometek team makes Frame City Killer and Love football and both look pretty meh, there is noway you can argue that that development team is a good as the "tekken team"; In fact it is probably Namco's best dev team.

Yeah, seriously. That's like expecting every dev team at Konami to be as good as Team Kojima or Team Silent for visuals.

Shapingo

Nozi said:

There is more than one development group in Namco-Bandai Group of industries. They all work on different projects too and have varying levels of talent

Here are a few

NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc
http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/

NAMCO TALES STUDIO LTD.
http://www.namco-talesstudio.co.jp/

NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.
http://www.namcobandaigames.com/

NAMCO AMERICA INC.
http://www.namcogames.com/

+ more
http://www.bandainamco.co.jp/en/about/group/index.html

Nozi

Banned
The simple facts are this: Namco has not impressed with any next gen title yet. Let's just wait and see what they come up with at e3, but I for one have not got my hopes up.

razorman

I'm not a fighting game expert by any means, but the one thing that strikes me about Tekken
in the post Soul Calibur era is that it feels a little stiff and unresponsive in comparison. If Namco could make the next gen Tekken a bit more fluid I think it would be a significant improvement.

Striek

Much better than VF5 and DoA4.

Nowhere near the teaser Jin model from E3. Theres a huge gap between that model and anything else we've seen.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
SolidSnakex said:
Ridge Racer 6 is the only one at this point.

What's more, it would be greatly misleading to judge Namco next-gen by a 360 launch game - almost every title in the console's launch window was heavily rushed to the market and it showed. PGR3 was the most "done" and even there, the team said they COULD have done a lot better, but had no time.

Honestly, I thought RR6 looked pretty damned good considering it seemed as if Namco announced the game like, a few months before launch :lol Then poof, they had to crank out an RR title with a design sheet that called for a vast single player mode, online play, etc, etc.

Top Bottom