• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could only buy 5 new release games from Sept-Dec...

Owzers

definitely buying:

Ico/Shadows Collection - shouldn't count! it's more for the collection than to play

Dark Souls
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
Skyrim
Uncharted 3

those are the top titles but i'm also getting that Zelda Skyward Wiimote bundle.

EDIT: Notice how if i didn't have a 360, which i do, i'd be fine. Getting Skyrim on 360 unless Bethesda does a good job on PS3 which i don't have faith in judging from Fallout.

Majmun

1. Uncharted 3
2. Legend of Zelda SS
3. Dark Souls
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. ICO/SOTC Collection

fernoca

I'll be buying only 5 games anyway:

1. Kirby (Wii)
2. Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
3. Star Fox 64 3D (3DS)
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

Anything else, would be extra. :p

Ico Collection.
Metal Gear Collection.
Uncharted 3.
Battlefield 3.
Batman AC.

Will get AC revelations next year sometime. the AC games normally drop in price pretty quick come January.

SykoTech

Five? I'll probably only get the first three. So cheap. But if I could go up to five, it would be:

1. Sonic Generations
2. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
3. Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
4. Batman: Arkham City
5. Rayman Origins

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1. Dark Souls
2. ICO SotC Collection
3. Uncharted 3
4. Skyrim
5. Resistance 3

StuBurns

Banned
Aeana said:
Umm...

Tales of Xillia, Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword, Final Fantasy Type-0, Mario 3D Land I guess.
A JRPG fan with a PS3 and happy to import games not listing Ni no Kuni upsets me.

StuBurns said:
A JRPG fan with a PS3 and happy to import games not listing Ni no Kuni upsets me.
It will probably make for really pretty gifs, but paying new game + import tax fees for a Level 5-only game...I personally wouldn't do it, can't speak for anyone else.

Shiggy

Boney said:
You're not getting Zelda?

I'm not too sure right now, I'll let reviews decide. If it's just another Zelda that follows the same formula as OoT/TP, I won't get it.

Pezking

1.) Batman: Arkham City
2.) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
3.) Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
4.) Saints Row: The Third
5.) Gears of War 3

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can digital titles count?

1. Resident Evil 4 PSN
2. Resident Evil Code: Veronica
3. Machinarium
4. Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection
5. Silent Hill: Downpour

Owzers

Gamefly really helps to fill in the gaps beyond the top 5, and really, you don't want to buy a bunch of games day one just to only play one or two while you see the rest go on sale for cheaper than you paid. I remember getting six games during the Toys R Us buy 2 get 1 free sale a few years ago and only playing like 2 while having the rest still sealed up and dropping to $20 when i paid $40.

Dascu

• The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Batman: Arkham City
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Torchlight 2
  • Dark Souls (if I buy a PS3 this year)
  • Journey (same)

I'd be surprised if any of those match the quality and amount of content of Xenoblade Chronicles though.

MechaX

In no particular order...

1. Zelda: Skyward Sword
2. Dark Souls
3. Ico & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
4. Arkham City
5. Skyrim

... In fact, those will probably be the only games I will buy between now and December.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
1. Disgaea 4
2. Uncharted 3
3. Dark Souls
4. Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru: Shinjitsu to Gensou no Nocturne
5. Corpse Party

Foffy

Banned
- Dark Souls
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Zelda: Skyward Sword
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Kirby: Return to Dreamland

Funny enough, that's almost all I'm going to buy anyway.

Ulchie

Banned
1. Skyrim
2. Battlefield 3
3. Diablo 3
4. Gears of War 3 (only for horde 2.0)
5. Uncharted 3

In order from most excited about to...well less excited lol. This list could change though because I'm only very early in the original Uncharted, haven't touched Uncharted 2, and also haven't touched Demon's Souls (just got it for $20, last copy at my local futureshop).

zigg

I must be getting too old/busy. Five is way more than I have time or dedication for.

Did put down some cash on Skyward Sword though.

Luthos

1) Uncharted 3
2) Skyrim
3) Batman: Arkham City

And I guess:
AC: Revelations
Dark Souls

My top 3 are my only real must-have day 1's. But they are that. I can't wait for them.

Keyouta

I preordered these 5 games as part of the E3 deal Futureshop had going on:

1. Zelda Skyward Sword
2. Skyrim
3. Uncharted 3
4. Bioshock Infinite
5. BF 3

Top Bottom