• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you didn't buy Excite Truck, you are part of the problem.

Squeak

No, it's the frogs and krauts and to a lesser extent the latinos, that are the problem.
Apparently they can't be bothered to learn event the most fundamental English, so they can, say, watch a movie without having it mangled beyond recognition, or play a video game.
Meanwhile all the country's that CAN be bothered have to wait for the game to pass EU regulations.
That is, if the excuse of "it's the translation" the publishers always dish out, holds true.
Otherwise it would just be a matter of flipping a region switch and launch it (since all, but 1 or 2% of EU TVs support 60Hz).

Batongen

Banned
Yeah, it may not be an AAA game but it's definitely fun to play, very old school. At the moment I'm trying to get 'S' on all courses on Super Excite mode. I wish that it had a few more variered tracks/worlds and that the two player option were expanded to online play. I'm also using the SD card option, for the music, and it (obviously) makes the music that much better :lol.

I find it very exciting, you see what I did there, flying over a cliff with Derek & the Dominos - Layla & Other Assorted Love Songs in my speakers :D. The graphics may not be the best but I certainly see them as functional. I would give the game a 7ish or 8ish, it’s Wii's Wave race game.

Agreed. I kept reading such negative reactions to this game so I decided to try it out for myself and absolutely love it. It has extremely fun gameplay but I wish there were more modes and maybe some online action.

I hope for a sequel.

Tchu-Espresso

likes mayo on everthing and can't dance
sp0rsk said:
This is the best game on the Wii outside of Wii Sports. The more I play it, the better I get and with that it gets even more fun. Chaining jumps, running people off the road, HUGE air, all of these things make it easily the most fun arcade racer I've ever played.

What separates it from other arcade racers is the depth of its trick system. Almost everything you do in this game makes you go faster, so you find yourself looking for all sorts of crazy ways to get boosts and stars. Not to mention the rush you get from pulling off that huge-ass jump.

I don't understand the complaints people had against this game. I have had no problems controlling the truck. This may be because I don't play games like Gran Turismo and other sim racers.

Why haven't you bought Excite Truck yet? Why did you waste your money on shit like Red Steel? If you are a gamer of prestigious stature then you have no choice.

If there was any game that takes it to 11, this is it.
You had me until there.

segasonic

Kiriku said:
I don't even have a Wii, that's my excuse. But I probably will try this game out once I get one. But I would consider people not buying Shox a bigger part of the problem, a sadly overlooked arcade racing game which I loved. :/
Shox is ****ing awesome!

And that's coming from an EA hater..

Haunted

Squeak said:
No, it's the frogs and krauts and to a lesser extent the latinos, that are the problem.
Apparently they can't be bothered to learn event the most fundamental English, so they can, say, watch a movie without having it mangled beyond recognition, or play a video game.
Meanwhile all the country's that CAN be bothered have to wait for the game to pass EU regulations.
That is, if the excuse of "it's the translation" the publishers always dish out, holds true.
Otherwise it would just be a matter of flipping a region switch and launch it (since all, but 1 or 2% of EU TVs support 60Hz).
Yeah, translating the thousands of lines of dialogue in Excite Truck is surely the reason for delaying this one. :rolleyes.gif

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
DeathNote said:
So now you're insulting someone because they don't have the same interests/opinions of a game as you?

He didn't insult you for having a different opinion. He insulted you for being unable to control the truck properly.

Leatherface

sp0rsk said:
This is the best game on the Wii outside of Wii Sports. The more I play it, the better I get and with that it gets even more fun. Chaining jumps, running people off the road, HUGE air, all of these things make it easily the most fun arcade racer I've ever played.

What separates it from other arcade racers is the depth of its trick system. Almost everything you do in this game makes you go faster, so you find yourself looking for all sorts of crazy ways to get boosts and stars. Not to mention the rush you get from pulling off that huge-ass jump.

I don't understand the complaints people had against this game. I have had no problems controlling the truck. This may be because I don't play games like Gran Turismo and other sim racers.

Why haven't you bought Excite Truck yet? Why did you waste your money on shit like Red Steel? If you are a gamer of prestigious stature then you have no choice.

If there was any game that takes it to 11, this is it.

This man speaks the truth.
This is the best arcade racer I've played in years. The control is perfect. The racing is intense. The challenge is perfect (Super Excite will really test your skills). If you're a fan of racing in general, you need to play this game proper and put some time into it. It really shits on 95% of the racers out there. No joke.

one recommendation though... custom sountracks. lol

Dizzy

Banned
Schafer said:
Are Wii owners so desperate to justify their purchase that they are championing absolute garbage like Excite Truck?

Really?
Yup, apparently people with standards are part of the problem.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Squeak said:

I would think that posting "DEM DIRTY FOREIGNERS NEED TO LEARN THEM SOM ENGLISH" as well as "frog" and "kraut" qualifies as racism as much as most of the racism bans do.

Sweedishrodeo

the smegma spreader
excite truck is amazing. its has a very organic feel to it. by organic i mean the more you play the deeper the control seems to get. ivereally started to pick up on the controls intricacies after playing it alot but i still find myself aspiring to new crazy heights (sometimes literally). it reminds me of soul calibur 3 in that way. i can see myself and friends playing this for a long, long time.

GO BUY THIS GAME.

Zerodoppler said:
I thought Excite Truck would be a turd, but it's actually the best game on the Wii. It's the Wii's very own Wave Race 64, IMO.

QFMFT

andthebeatgoeson

I guess I'm apart of the problem. Funny how these problems crop up around nintendo games.

Excite Bike-I played it and it didn't grab me in the store. From what I have been hearing and my short playtime, it seemed kinda shallow. I'm tired of wasting $50 solving problems. Tell your dad to give me $50. (I'm just messing with ya, Sporkz)

Phoenix Wright-I have a glut of games. It seems kinda cool and maybe I should get it. But I need to finish other games. Lack of time prevents me from really enjoying a ton of games. So, some have to be sacrificed. This is from the guy that just played thru RE4 a year ago, when it was a year old.

Hotel Dusk- I'll be part of the problem until someone puts it in front of me. Yes, I am a part of the problem.

BTW, I'll give you Red Steel, since I added to the problem. I still haven't played Splinter Cell, but I heard that might be a problem. Oh well. I won't give you that ET is the 2nd best game on the Wii. Zelda occupies the #1-#5 spots on that list.

Excite Truck is a blast, most fun I've had with a racer since Hydro Thunder. If you don't like it, that's fine, it doesn't affect my enjoyment one iota.

skinnyrattler said:
Excite Bike-I played it and it didn't grab me in the store. From what I have been hearing and my short playtime, it seemed kinda shallow. I'm tired of wasting $50 solving problems. Tell your dad to give me $50. (I'm just messing with ya, Sporkz)

If you can't remember that there were trucks instead of bikes, I'm not sure you gave it a fair shake.

atomsk

Party Pooper
after unlocking Super Excite i got distracted by other games.

i should probably go back and finish it

Nozi

Banned
I was playing this and Motorstorm a lot over Christmas, and Excite Truck seemed the more intense experience.

Wario64 said:
EXCITE TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This post needs more EXCITE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excite truck is a blast. It's a lot like if the Cruisin' games were actually good. It's like if Burnout was an offroad game. It makes me want to wear a trucker hat and drink piss beer. Well ok, not the last part, but it's nice that you can have fun with Excite Truck without doing that last part.

Kaeru

Banned
Stumpokapow said:
I would think that posting "DEM DIRTY FOREIGNERS NEED TO LEARN THEM SOM ENGLISH" as well as "frog" and "kraut" qualifies as racism as much as most of the racism bans do.

foreigners? He was talking about native citizens living in their own countrys :lol

Ronin

Because of Excite Truck I neglected a lot of games on Wii and other consoles. Excite Truck EXCITES my balls.

agent069

Banned
For those you have played it since the launch, how does the game stands the of time?

I mean, is it long/hard to unlock everything? How is the replay value in solo?

I can't wait for the european release.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
i almost bought excite truck today but i am kinda strapped for cash atm and hotel dusk is coming out next week sorry maybe next time!!!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
143952294_f231163004_o.jpg

They could have gotten my purchase with a 1080, Wave Race, Pilotwings, Punch-Out!! or a new, inspired Stunt Race FX. As for Excite Truck, I find little interest in trucks on a daily basis, and the way they're presented along with the game design does not help that endeavour.

Call me when Nintendo releases a great new iteration one of their existing sport franchises, or revitalizes Punch-Out!! or Stunt Race FX.

AndoCalrissian said:
They could have gotten my purchase with a 1080, Wave Race, Pilotwings, Punch-Out!! or a new, inspired Stunt Race FX. As for Excite Truck, I find little interest in trucks on a daily basis, and the way they're presented along with the game design does not help that endeavour.

Call me when Nintendo releases a great new iteration one of their existing sport franchises, or revitalizes Punch-Out!! or Stunt Race FX.

Ok, we will.

AndoCalrissian said:

Hey Ando, there's this great new iteration of the Excite franchise I'd like to tell you about.

Dave Long

Banned
Neo Child said:
Where is the face you truly make when you play EXCITE TRUCK!!!!

Right here, man!
ThrowdownMFer.jpg

EXCITE TRUCK is ****ing amazing and you have no right to call yourself a fan of arcade racers if you don't dig the EXCITE!

Anyone that enjoyed Rush 2049 or Hydro Thunder should fall in love with this game instantly. It's at least as good if not better than both of them.

Superb track layouts, awesome deforming terrain that affects gameplay in significant ways and a level of adrenaline that you won't find in most games today. Sega should be taking notes.

Schafer said:
Are Wii owners so desperate to justify their purchase that they are championing absolute garbage like Excite Truck?

Really?
Garbage? If this is considered garbage then please give me more where that came from. I've played a lot of truck racers and this by far is the best one in my opinion. Speed is the name of the game here and it's a blast. My friend and I spent countless hours trying to unlock acheivements and new cars (wait until you try the final track- words cannot express). I agree with everything sp0rks said. It is a grossly underrated game and gets way too much hate for no good reason. Something like Monkey Ball: BB or Red Steel I can understand but ET? At the very least the game is solid in design. I can't say the same for the multiplayer in MB:BB or the controls in RS.

seat

TekunoRobby said:
I am part of the problem. However the problem can be fixed if said game were $10 - $20.
Likewise. I'm impressed at how excited everyone is about this game (Ha! See what I did there? I'm so clever!), and I'll have to give it a try. That is, when it's much, much cheaper.

miyuru said:
It's 7.5/10...8/10 at the MOST for me. There's quite a lot to do in this game to 100% it, it's a very "complete" game, but the developers never went overboard. But yeah, I must give props for that.

I think the game is only made that much more fun because of the Wii remote. Without it...this game would be a cult hit at best, a sleeper title, probably a low 7/high 6 out of 10.

It's overrated IMO, but, I can't deny that it's *fun* :)

What the hell kind of comment is this?

Top Bottom