• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have gotten a PlayStation 5 or an Xbox Series X, will you sell or give away your PlayStation 4 (Pro) and/ or Xbox One (S/X)?

If you have a new-generation console, what will you do with your previous-gen console(s)?

• I will keep my previous-gen console(s)

Votes: 58 34.1%
  • I will sell my previous-gen console(s)

Votes: 67 39.4%
  • I will give my previous-gen console(s) away for free

Votes: 36 21.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • I will sell one/ some of them and give the other(s) away

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters

BluRayHiDef

Banned
For those of you who have been lucky enough to buy and gain physical possession of a PlayStation 5 and/ or an Xbox Series X/S, what will you do with your PlayStation 4 (Pro) and/ or your Xbox One (S/X)?

Before getting my PlayStation 5, my intention was to sell my PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X to either GameStop or random buyers via eBay.

However, now that I actually have my PlayStation 5, I don't want to part ways with either of my previous-gen consoles, at least not yet.

I've already transferred all of my account information and the data that was stored on my PlayStation 4 Pro to its successor, but I feel like selling my PlayStation 4 Pro would be pointless since I would get only about $200.00 at most for it. So, I guess it'll just sit in my media cabinet, until I change my mind.

As for my Xbox One X, I've decided to keep it since I've yet to finish either of the only two games that I've bought for it: Gears of War 4 and Red Dead Redemption 2.

How about you guys?

Tried selling my ps4 slim to local people on offer up. Got a ton of interest but it's either they can't meet here. Or they seem like a sketchy gang lord.

It's worth selling it online to someone with a positive feedback.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Nah. These consoles have Sentimental value. Especially my One x which used to belong to my step-dad who passed away this past October. I try to save the boxes too. If this PS5 crap out on me, I can at least bust out these old systems until it's fixed.

lachesis

Well, it's not like I need money nor I don't have room to store.
I put them into my separate retro/old gen station and play them once in a while.
I may end up selling them once I decide to move and downsize for retirement - but I think it will be rather far into the future.

anothertech

Ps4 pro going to kids room, ps5 and series x replacing it in main room. Ps4 and Xbone orig getting traded in for demon souls and extra controllers.

BaneIsPain

I did sell base PS4 for PS4 Pro. I will do the same for PS5
However, I will still keep PS4 Pro and PS5 Pro after PS6 or further iteration in the future.
1 gen 1 brand console.

teezzy

Banned
Anyone wanna give me their old PS4?

I'll stop dunking on it so much, I pwomise

1*DndniU3xWsXzVTfXHNj4vg.jpeg

MrMephistoX

I normally do sell my old consoles but I set them up on a monitor with fight sticks at my home office desk and am digging it.

Besides catching COVID by inviting strangers to my house to sell on Facebook marketplace or Craigslist isn’t appealing and I have gotten ripped off numerous times on eBay.

Last edited:

Esca

I sold my pro like a week ago. Figured didn't need to keep it since ps5 can do everything it can but better

Actually sold my Pro today to someone at work. He's an Xbox guy and wants to play the PS exclusives, especially Horizon Zero Dawn. He's a good guy so I gave him a good deal (£150 with Horizon and God of war). I'm actually jealous that he's getting to experience them for the first time.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I planned ahead and got $400 canadian for 2 xbox one x's, and $400 for a ps4 pro about 2 months before launch. More recently sold an xbox one x for $300. I then bought two series x for $599 each, and a $499 ps5 digital, and a series s for $379. I racked up $500 in optimum points from these purchases, which I redeemed on bonus redemption for $800 worth of merchandise.

My net cost? I think I broke even.
In this case a really easy choice to sell with both machines playing the previous generation of games.

Last edited:

Dargor

I always sell my old console and 99% of the games with it.

ps: the 1% is cuz maybe I forgot one time I kept a game, though I can't remember any. Don't count digital games cuz we can't sell them, cuz if we could, I would.

Futurematic

My PS4 died a year ago, otherwise I would have mailed it to my best friend who has a kid and little extra cash.

Edit: hopefully my PS5 lasts to the slim (or pro) model, so I can enact my previous plan :).

Last edited:

SegaShack

I regretted trading in my GBC for a GBA, GC for a Wii, and my DS for a 3DS.

I say keep the original systems. BC is never 100% perfect. If you're a purist like me, keeping your systems makes sense.

Tranquil

I previously sold all my consoles. Never again, it may be something that I want to share with people in 30-40 years or just myself turn on an be fascinated with that now I'm an old man and I was young once playing on this very console.

Trimesh

Banned
I haven't actually got either of the new consoles yet, but I have no intention of selling the old ones when I do. I still have my Famicom.

Resenge

My PS4 is now my second PS5, setup in my bedroom. Don't have a series X yet so haven't decided on what to do with my Xbone.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
I sold my PS4 Pro.

I'll buy another PS4 years from now because I enjoy collecting consoles.

waquzy

Sold my PS4 Slim and One X as soon as I got the PS5 and XSX. I'm not rich enough to keep old consoles as memories or give them away for free... Sold my old consoles for £300 in total and spent £900 on new ones, so all in all it only cost me £600 to upgrade to next gen consoles. Not too bad.

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm too lazy to sell.
The Pro will move to the bedroom and the PS4 will just go into storage.
My launch Xbox One has been sitting in the attic for about 4 years now.

.hacked

I sold my Xbox X and PS4 pro at the beginning of the pandemic. Knowing at some point I’d be able to grab the new guys I went laptop only for games for few months.

got my XSX about a week ago, ps5 due in in a few days.

still haven’t played Last of us 2 and Ghost so looking forward to trying them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom