• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If your date starts livestreaming to her followers...

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

It's been making waves on hit television shows like The View and Stephen A. Smith's whatever his thing is called. Now, here at NeoGAF, we will also discuss the recent viral video where a man tries to take a woman to the Cheesecake Factory for a date, only to be recorded and publicly shamed for it.

NeoGAF Trash News: We Report, You Decide. Was he in the wrong?

cormack12

Gold Member
Lmao, look at me. We are. And all the advice to that guy is

Go Go Go Running GIF

Kenpachii

It's been making waves on hit television shows like The View and Stephen A. Smith's whatever his thing is called. Now, here at NeoGAF, we will also discuss the recent viral video where a man tries to take a woman to the Cheesecake Factory for a date, only to be recorded and publicly shamed for it.

NeoGAF Trash News: We Report, You Decide. Was he in the wrong?

Good looking dude, respectful, explains his vision and he makes solid points she even agree's with. Brings her even home even while she wasted all his time and money into it and stays respectful.

Well done my man, dude will find the right one without problems he got his shit in order.

However the girl, honestly the whole reaction of her screams like a spoiled kid that gets lecured by her dad. I must say i thought she was going to explode, but she stayed calm started on a slow pace to see his perspective and maybe for the next time she learnt her lesson. I felt like she did learn a lesson.

Also if my date would livestream the date, i would straight up bail on it.

Last edited:

nush

You must really be looking for an opportunity to try and embarrass someone to jump on it so fast you don't even have the self awareness that you are live streaming your shit personality to the whole world.
On the other hand it was successful becuse she went viral!

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Perfect test of a normal person, if they aren't happy with wherever you go, it's probably not worth pursuing anyhow. (I mean within reason, cheecake factory isn't a 7-11 or leftover egg sandwiches from 3 weeks ago).

SJRB

Gold Member
vk-1.jpg

"You're on a date and they bring you to the Cheesecake factory. You roleplay that you are a queen and the Cheesecake Factory is beneath someone of your stature, even though you clearly look like you enjoy cheesecake. How do you let your date know you'd rather go someplace else?"

Last edited:

Garibaldi

I hope she would enjoy the walk/bus/taxi home. Fuck this pandering, I'm off to this cheesecake place (not from the US, I assume they sell more than cheesecake)

near

Gold Member
He made the mistake of entertaining a conversation after she started livestreaming he's attempt at chivalry. He should've immediately told her he was dropping her off home. In what universe is it okay to start humiliating your date on a social space while actively on said date, because you don't appreciate where he wants to take you to eat? Mental. She clearly wasn't that interested in him to begin with because she would've been able to still get to know him regardless of where they went to dine. She tried to regulate him assertively without any prior discussion, glad it backfired. I hope there is no public scrutiny aimed at this guy and plenty directed at her. This is so wild I hope it's fake.

Toots

Gold Member
vk-1.jpg

"You're on a date and they bring you to the Cheesecake factory. You roleplay that you are a queen and the Cheesecake Factory is beneath someone of your stature, even though you clearly look like you enjoy cheesecake. How do you let your date know you'd rather go someplace else?"
She has a sense of entitlement you people wouldn't believe... She watched C-cakes glitter in the dark inside the Tannhauser gate (that's what she calls her fridge at 3am), yet all her livestreams will be lost in time, like farts in a locker room...

HoodWinked

This whole thing sucks so bad. Cause in an alternate universe he actually does go off on her but because of the how fickle and random public sentiment is she gets put on a pedestal and that guy gets azai ansari'd and his life destroyed.

What an absolutely insufferably cunt, instead of communicating personally, you think the best way to handle the situation was to start livestreaming; ugh.
I don't understand why so many women think they are special and deserve some kind of princess treatment, everything she and him said he did was already above and beyond for a first date.

Edit:

Also, not getting out and telling me to get back into my own car? I'm leaving you in the parking lot.

Last edited:
They don't even look like a good match. She looks like she is there, purely to engorge on his money and kindness. Streaming your fucking date for attention? That's fucking narcissism. You're already the focus of someone else's attention, you need the attention of complete strangers while this one goes on? I am starting to despise the human race.

Last edited:

BlackTron

He made the mistake of entertaining a conversation after she started livestreaming he's attempt at chivalry.

I thought he handled it very well. He may have looked worse and fallen into her trap. Instead, since SHE started filming, he agreed to play her game with her and exposed the whole story, like the fact that he actually had a reservation for another restaurant but she was an hour late.

He made sure her self-centered attempt for attention backfired. I love the look on her face before she stops filming. Because she got rejected live and didn't expect it (but LOOK AT THIS!!!)

Renoir

AND HE DROVE HER HOME???!!!! awww man... she is very fortunate. I understand the kids now. Always want to stream shit,, always want chat to know whats going or ask chat for this and that... But this bish grown AF damn...
I would have got her out my car as soon as i noticed the recording, and peeled off.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Don’t you guy discuss where you go for your first date? How do you know what the other like?
That's why the Cheesecake Factory is a good choice for a first date. They have a giant menu that has a little bit of everything from Thai to Italian to burgers and sandwiches, most of it surprisingly good. The cheesecake sucks though.

BlackTron

AND HE DROVE HER HOME???!!!! awww man... she is very fortunate. I understand the kids now. Always want to stream shit,, always want chat to know whats going or ask chat for this and that... But this bish grown AF damn...
I would have got her out my car as soon as i noticed the recording, and peeled off.

I think he did a lot of credit for his own reputation and to damage hers by the way he handled the whole thing. He didn't really allow her being a bitch to affect his standards of conduct.

His face could have been in a much shorter video about how he took a woman to Cheesecake Factory and then kicked her out of the car and he'd be worse off for it. She might even have succeeded in getting positive attention for being a bitch like she wanted/expected. By calmly sitting down, talking it out and saying time to go home he did the best thing he could on camera.

JohnnyPhats

I’m so glad I don’t have to deal with “modern”
women. I’ll just put it this way, non traditional women don’t deserve traditional men. If you’re a high body count ran through whore you don’t get to dictate a goddamn thing. You aren’t the prize.

AJUMP23

I would probably run if my date ever referred to her followers. Even if she didn't live stream. Or if she even brought up how many people follow her. It is a clear sign of how they view themselves and what they value.

Top Bottom