• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you're getting Ps4 pro, are you selling your old one?

icespide

Banned
Just for those asking, in the 4.0 update, all PS4's will be able to switch data between another PS4 through USB dongle. So likely when Pro comes out, if you get a Pro, you'll be able to transfer everything over directly without redownloading. If you buy a pro at gamestop while trading in your old one, what will likely happen is that they will do the process right in the store for you.

Just because i know its a concern about save data and stuff like that.
is it USB or ethernet for the transfer?

Gradly

I'll sell it along with 3 controllers. I'm an early adopter to new gadgets in general and have zero drive to go back to any old stuff :)

Keeping mine, its a launch model with the disk-eject issue although it hasn't done it much lately. Don't want to make it someone else's problem.

Will probably put it in my bedroom for Netflix etc.

Aces&Eights

Saves are backed up and ps4 put back neatly in original box. Bringing it to GS tomorrow to trade in. Will enjoy and get used to system for a couple months until I pick up my new 4k hdr tv in Jan 2017. Pretty excited over all. Getting the new system and tv is going to be awesome.

I dunno, there's the odd occasion where both my girlfriend and I want to play tye PS4 at the same time so may well keep it for a while after I (theoretically) were to get one. Pretty unimpressed with it feature wise, especially no 4K drive, so I'll wait and see.

Leonidas

Sold my PS4 months ago, like not long after the NEO leaks came out, will be nice to have the Pro in 2 months to catch up on a few exclusives.

Philippo

Yes, hopefully there's going to be a good trade-in promotion in some store chains, otherwise i'll just try to sell it myself, because i can't afford a full-priced Pro.

Greddleok

I just don't see who'd want to buy a second hand old gen PS4. The new ones are going to be cheap, with a warrantee, and then there's the pro.

If I could guarantee 150€ for my PS4, I might consider selling it, but that's going to be unlikely.

Pakoe

It's already on the web, will use the money to upgrade my PC though.
Nothing wrong with the PS4/Pro, just prefer PC gaming. Only game i truly enjoyed was Uncharted 4.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm not quite sure if i'll get one yet but if i do i will definitely be selling my PS4. hopefully it's still worth something to trade in towards a pro. if i do get one it won't be until about january. can't afford to drop £350 in november/december because of christmas.

ibu

Only one factor holding me back. Can I transfer PT to the PS4 Pro? If not, I won't be getting rid of the launch PS4.

Kudo

Currently don't plan to get PS4P, but if I ever do (Bloodborne 2, Sony?) I'll just give my old one to my parents, they can use it for Netflix and games.

Business

I had two launch 500gb PS4s and sold one a week ago in anticipation, in the end I will have to add some 150eur for the 1tb Pro, not too bad I think.

geordiemp

I still really don't know how to feel about all this but right now I'm thinking that it would be kinda superfluous to have the old and new Ps4s. Maybe it'd be fine, maybe not...I don't know.

Have you changes your mind on Pro ?

A few months ago you were one of the strongest opponents to a mid cycle console.

My OG Ps4 is a hair dryer, so after 3 years of dust and dirt its time to move on. I will maybe sell it cheap , not decided

Gifting my original to my fiancée (after giving it a thorough clean and replacing the thermal paste), so she can play Rise of the Tomb Raider over Christmas.

T-0800

I'll keep my launch PS4. The pro gives me a second controller and more HD space. Games that don't get an upgrade can stay on the original and those that do will go on the Pro.

Smokey

I'm debating.

I may keep the OG PS4 for my office setup, and the PS4P for the living room with my eventual 4K TV.

Grimalkin

No because the disk drive is dead and it overheats. It'll be going in the trash.

I'm not saying it's the right thing to do, but most people would trade this in to Gamestop for at least some credit towards another system. So long as it works when they plug it in, they'll take it. Getting anything for it is better than nothing.

I want to try, but the jerks at Sony had to reveal the Slim model at the same time so it will be even harder to get good money for my old PS4.

So long as its in good working order they are still selling on eBay for $240+ right now. Sell now and just go without for 2 months?

Aesthet1c

Yeah, but I plan on keeping until the Pro launch. I'm hoping the value isn't completely in the gutter by that time.

If I can get $150-$200 for it I would be happy.

Shahed

Yeah. There'd be no point in keeping it if I'm not going to play on it again. It's the same reason I sell all my old consoles and games once I'm donw with them. It would also take space up needlessly

I don't need one, so at the moment I'll only buy one if my launch model dies. I put a 2TB HDD in it not long ago, so I'd have to remove that for the new one, take the 500GB that's now in an enclosure on the Xbone out and put it back in and sell it. And I don't have a 4K HDR TV yet. So pretty much keeping it out of laziness.

However, if there are any benefits for 1080p peasants, such as improved framerates I'll wait until there's a limited edition I like. I usually buy at or near launch, so I miss out on things like the Destiny model and stuff like that.

hazey_flakes

Neo Member
No brainier to sell it. Sale already agreed to a mate who needs to upgrade from his PS3. Will be striping out the 2tb hdd, and the dual shock battery upgrade though.

I never normally keep the previous iteration of a console but now I own the Metal Gear Solid 5 Limited Edition and I believe I would cry if I try to sell it on.

Such a beautiful looking piece of hardware and certainly wouldnt fetch much more than the OG ps4 when selling it.

Already did a few weeks before the event. $280 for my console and controller only. Good stuff. Well it was $300, but I treated myself and the homeless guy outside Quedoba to a meal.

Tommi84

I'll probably wait for PS4Pro Slim or second revision to avoid any possible problems with ps4p and then will sell OG PS4 (this piece was already in repairs twice due to cooling system issues so I guess it's a matter of time it happens again and this time I'd have to pay for the repairs)

Have you changes your mind on Pro ?

A few months ago you were one of the strongest opponents to a mid cycle console.
Wow, I'm surprised you know & remember that.

I don't know if I changed my mind on it but what I can tell you is that I was going through some shit at at that time it was a dark time but I'm in sort of a different stage in life now. There was a thread recently with a poll, I was looking for it and trying to find it it had a poll asking how you feel about the pro and I picked "I'm not sure how to feel."

My OG Ps4 is a hair dryer, so after 3 years of dust and dirt its time to move on. I will maybe sell it cheap , not decided
If I can't find someone to buy my Ps4 then I'm gonna have to stick with it. I don't fuckin want both.

nikos

I usually regret selling hardware, but I see no reason to keep it. I may sell it to offset the cost a bit. Going to be spending way too much money this fall.

ron_bato

Hi GAF! I hope that asking this question in this thread is fine, as I don't think it deserves it's own thread.

As a lot of you in this thread have done so, I am selling my PS4 OG in order to fund my PS4 Pro, but would like to know what I need to do to make sure that I can use my accounts in the PS4 pro without being hassled.

Before I go and sell my PS4 to my friend, I'd like to make sure that I've successfully deactivated all my accounts, and deleted all of them. What is the best practice way of doing this?

So here are my questions:

1. Can I straight up delete the accounts in my PS4? Or do I need to deactivate them first?
2. Should I restore factory settings just in case so everything is wiped clean?
3. Aside from my OG PS4, I am sharing an account with brother's PS4, will I have trouble using that account on the PS4 Pro once I've deleted it from my OG PS4?

I've read up on the manuals, and tutorials (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/relinquish.html) just in case you all think I'm lazy, but I just wanted to be extra sure, and cover all my bases and would greatly appreciate anyone's feedback here.

Thanks GAF!

Top Bottom