• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Madden 360 Vids (2 Full Quarters)

Zep

Banned
But first.... Alexis Smiths Vision Cone
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053528846-000.jpg

-I Can't see Shit!

At least this guys isnt any better
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053501753-000.jpg

Best NFC QB
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053606674-000.jpg

See The Rest Here - http://sports.ign.com/articles/721/721198p1.html

Videos - http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/721/721323/vids_1.html

BSTF

this post rates 1/10
gstaff said:
so glad i dont have Joey vision with the Lions this year.

I don't think Kitna's is going to be much better :(

They always seem to underrate the Lions.

TheDuce22

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
Donovan got ****ing Robbed on his cone this year

A friend told me he was only rated 76 in EA Head Coach. What kind of crap is that? This is an elite QB who carried his team for years without a real threat at WR.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheDuce22 said:
A friend told me he was only rated 76 in EA Head Coach. What kind of crap is that? This is an elite QB who carried his team for years without a real threat at WR.

I doubt that is true. I think they will stick him around 88.

Foil

The game looks incredible this year for 360.

That damn radio announcer.....I'd rather hammer a nail into my eardrum than listen to him again. He sounds just as bad as last year. 2008 better have some actual commentators.

Zep

Banned
Oh No EA didnt'...That ****in cannon noise is in the vids. Remember everyone thinking GT added those :lol :lol

reaver18

I saw a couple phantom tackles, but it is improved a lot. The cannon noise is so ****ing stupid. :lol

And the commentator needs to die. Other than that, it looks great. I'm disappointed that there's pretty much no presentation at all.

Foil

DaddyZ said:
Oh No EA didnt'...That ****in cannon noise is in the vids. Remember everyone thinking GT added those :lol :lol

Oh man, there better be an option to turn that sound off. :lol

Mrbob

Oh and EA needs to fix the crowd interaction with this game. While looking awesome, the Steelers fans should not be jumping up and down when Seattle is driving for a score.

DaddyZ said:
But first.... Alexis Smiths Vision Cone
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053528846-000.jpg

-I Can't see Shit!

At least this guys isnt any better
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053501753-000.jpg

Best NFC QB
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053606674-000.jpg

See The Rest Here -http://sports.ign.com/articles/721/721198p1.html

Videos -http://media.sports.ign.com/articles/721/721323/vids_1.html

:D

Fifty

BS!

madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053612470-000.jpg

Not only is the cone ridiculously small....but look at where he is on the field. Hopefully it's just because of a bad player and not because the OL is shit.

Cloudy

Banned
It looks waay more polished than NCAA. Should be fun...

On a releated topic, I think EA needs to implement the cone into the actual gameplay instead of using it to cover up long-standing design exploits. It's a really great idea but having the user toggle it is not intuitive at all...at least the way it's done now. (I'm sorry but dropping back 15yds while adjusting your cone cos the o-line is great is not realistic but most people I play do it)

Why not have the qbs field of vision (relative to his position/situation on the field) displayed in the cone and make passes too far out practically impossible? Depending on the weather, pressure (i.e if the guy is scrambling or something) etc. the cone could change during the game.

LJ11

First video, around the 6:20 mark, check out the collision detection. Jackson's hardly touched, yet he falls like a bag of bricks. Shades of NCAA.

Mrbob

LJ11 said:
First video, around the 6:20 mark, check out the collision detection. Jackson's hardly touched, yet he falls like a bag of bricks. Shades of NCAA.

Yeah I noticed that too. Hopefully this isn't the final version and it is taken care of before the game is done.

LJ11

Mrbob said:
Yeah I noticed that too. Hopefully this isn't the final version and it is taken care of before the game is done.

One can only hope. NCAA was such a cock tease. So much potential right down the drain.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
My only problem is when will they realize that qbs don't spend that much time in the weight room. Are they just trying to reuse character models of other players?

Just watch the whole video. This game has some great shadows.

Mrbob

DaddyZ said:
I want an answer for that Cannon sound when the ball is caught! Mr.Bob swore it was GT

I did? I don't remember that...

Anyway, perhaps I did say it because GT adds music to their vids so perhaps I thought it was a sound effect. But yeah it sounds like EA added the BOOM into the game. A little cheesy so hopefully you can turn it off.

h1nch

wow this game looks like its going to be the real deal. The jump from last year to this year looks even bigger than 01 to 02. The core gameplay looks like its solid, which is a terrific sign. That way they can spend the rest of the time tweaking the details like the screwy crowd interaction, the sideline guys always clapping in sync, the stuttering transitions between playcall and on field activity, etc. I'd also like there to be an option between the IN YOUR FACE NFL EXPERIENCE style presentation and tv style. Not to say I don't like the direction they're going, but sometimes I miss Madden's retarded comments. They added a sort of charm to the game. The radio announcer (who by the way should have a partner, I don't know of any local radio broadcasts done by just one guy) are a little bland and sometimes too generic. Who says "The halfback" when referring to a star like Alexander, or even Willie Parker.

Anyways, thats just nitpicking. If the gameplay is solid and the frame rate is stable, this looks like a keeper.

I may be picking up a 360 just to play this game

newsguy

So after years of people complaining (including reviewers) about how much the comentary sucked, do you guys think maybe Tiburon said "screw you" and put in the radio announcer to spite us? Cause after last year I realize how much I miss that big dope.

Mrbob

Yeah it is amazing the difference a year can make. Or in this case about 9 months. Madden has come a long way on 360, and most of the complaints now are down to nitpicking non gameplay elements (except that one phantom tackle hit), which is a great sign for the future!

Time to forget Madden 06 360 ever existed!

hgplayer1

:lol I think I remember a couple of people saying that deep ball sound effect was not in the game. good lord who at EA thought that was a good idea? I actually wouldnt mind it if it didnt have that boom at the end.

noticed the radio guy on the first punt of the game by the steelers says "seattle had some difficulties on their last punt return fumbling it." will they ever eliminate those kinda of comments?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
**** off EA for alex smiths horrible vision cone. you'll all see the real alex smith soon enough!

p.s. FINALLY IGN delivers! thanks fellas

Too bad everyone didnt have to pay 8 bucks for it :lol

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
madden-qb-cone-comparison-20060726053503238-000.jpg

Bullshit. Brady has a 360 degree FOV.

Anyways, I can't wait for this game, especially since I skipped last year's on the 360 (and I totally made the right choice). This looks so much better.

Juice

You can turn off vision cone right?

Man, it just ****s the lighting up so badly that it kills what little aesthetic they've mustered for this one.

DMczaf

From IGN

Something to remember about the videos...the version is 95% complete.

The document I got from EA said that the frame rate is still being cleaned up for final and they are fixing various AI issues.

Top Bottom