• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IGN] Mark Medina: Starfield will be announced at E3 2021, exclusive to Xbox/PC - quickly rolls back saying it was only a 'prediction'

oldergamer

Gaming Journalzism

giphy.gif
I was watching as that scene from the show was filmed by the way. Pretty cool that the show films many scenes across the street from my office.

Bah. It's made by Bethesda and is single player. That's enough.

It's almost as big deal as GTA 6. I would buy that game without watching any trailer. In fact I would actively avoid them.
Most people seemingly don’t even really know what Starfield is, so I really have my doubts it will be remotely close to GTA6’s presence. Starfield might even be a glorified and slightly higher budget Outerworlds or Fallout 76 in space as far as we know. Hopefully they’ll show us something soon.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Banned
Little to no doubt it will be exclusive. Major doubts about Indiana Jones being exclusive though. It’s a Disney Bethesda contract, for a wide release. MS wouldn’t even be able to launch it on Gamepass without having to renegotiate with Disney. So they would have to renegotiate with Disney to take PlayStation out of the picture, while at the same time do a deal to put Indy on Gamepass even though Disney would get % on sales. This one is the one that will be announced as multiplatform, but MS will have marketing rights so expect them to be hush hush about that and create some confusion. Looking forward to that thread.

It's almost as big deal as GTA 6.

Imagine being this clueless.

Last edited:
Little to no doubt it will be exclusive. Major doubts about Indiana Jones being exclusive though. It’s a Disney Bethesda contract, for a wide release. MS wouldn’t even be able to launch it on Gamepass without having to renegotiate with Disney. So they would have to renegotiate with Disney to take PlayStation out of the picture, while at the same time do a deal to put Indy on Gamepass even though Disney would get % on sales. This one is the one that will be announced as multiplatform, but MS will have marketing rights so expect them to be hush hush about that and create some confusion. Looking forward to that thread.

Imagine being this clueless.

I agree with you 100%.

American gaming media sucks major balls.

Is this the level of fuckery that passes as gaming journalism these days from the likes of IGN?

Top Bottom