• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Tekken 8 Arcade Quest First Look: A Pocketful of Quarters and a Love of the Fight

WJANARc.png

What do you think she's dying from?

Anyone remember that mode in VF4 Evo PS2? I always wondered why every fighting game dev didn't steal it.
Tekken Dark Resurrection on PSP had a Tekken Dojo mode that emulated it to a T. Arcade Mode with endless opponents and a choice of one of three opponents for the next round was still the preferred way to play. Story Mode provided the traditional Arcade experience.

WJANARc.png

What do you think she's dying from?
Boredom. Just like the players of this mode.

Last edited:

Killer8

Not really a fan of the concept. It weirdly reduces Tekken to just being a videogame even in its own universe.

World Tour in Street Fighter 6 made a lot more sense because your character is part of the same world as the main characters.

Klosshufvud

Everything about Tekken 8 has looked extremely underwhelming and uninspired thus far. What happened to the hard hitting series it once was? When its bold art direction, cinematics and graphics would take center place in gaming circles?

Hope they'll include some local multiplayer modes. I used to play with Tekken club everyweek. Tekken 7 gets boring quick because it doesn't have mode other than VS mode. I think I quit Tekken 7 after 3,4 years.

//DEVIL//

I did not follow up on this game. will it have a story mode that continues after what happened to 7 ? or just like Street fighter, we will end up with stupid useless arcade mode?

SkylineRKR

I did not follow up on this game. will it have a story mode that continues after what happened to 7 ? or just like Street fighter, we will end up with stupid useless arcade mode?
It does and it supposedly ends the Mishima saga. Kazuya and Jin are going to duke it out.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
what is this shit?
also lol day one modern fighters.. 40% of the content fullpriced

fuck off

Top Bottom