• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN will be announcing a "new AAA game from a major developer" at 8am PST tomorrow

RoKKeR

I assume Ryan is talking about June 6. He's based in California, no? It's still June 5 there.

Yeah, June 6. My bad, perhaps a mod could fix the title.

Edit: It's not entirely out of the question to me that it might be Red Dead. We know Take Two will have a big presence at E3, but they aren't doing a conference and it would be strange to announce a game as huge as Red Dead at one of the platform conferences as it would surely blot out most any other new game announcement.

You could see them announcing it this week, dominating the entire news cycle leading up to E3, and then popping on stage at either MS or Sony to talk more about it.

/wishful thinking

Peterthumpa

Ubisoft's stand alone Pirate game is now tied in with Disney, and we're getting a Division-esque Pirates of the Caribbean game next Spring/Summer!

Aye avast!

ohpleaseohpleaseohplease

Well, that's supposedly the new direction that Microsoft is taking with Sea of Thieves, so you'll get your Division-like pirate game anyway. Happy? :)

Simo

odd time to announce a major game..
maybe they want to get ahead of any potential leaks

For what it's worth something similar happened with Red Dead Redemption where IGN had a Pre-E3 reveal for the game because they went to Rockstar New York to see and play it and that same week the debut trailer dropped.

History could be repeating but considering the amount of speculated titles who knows.

Plesiades

i6uKE1J.png

It's obvious.

y59OFH6.png

Anarckhy

Neo Member
For what it's worth something similar happened with Red Dead Redemption where IGN had a Pre-E3 reveal for the game because they went to Rockstar New York to see and play it and that same week the debut trailer dropped.

History could be repeating but considering the amount of speculated titles who knows.

Yup. Pre-E3 Gamespy went all in with RDR. And judging by the tweet, he seems VERY STOKED.

Floody

Do WB Games have their own conference? If not my guess is one of their games, either Injustice 2 or Shadow of Mordor 2.

I think the best guesses are...

- Injustice 2
- Red Dead
- That new AAA IP from Ubisoft

Whatever it is, it will probably be one of the games that everyone is/was expecting at E3.

I'd be shocked if it's that. Haven't TakeTwo been hyping up E3 this year? RDR3 will probably be there if it's announced this year.

Why blow your load a week before E3?
It must be meh if it's not being announced on stage.

UBI said that they'd be announcing their new AAA IP before E3. Someone in a recent Watch_Dogs 2 thread also said that they heard that UBI would be announcing WD2 ahead of E3 as well.

element

Has to be from a publisher like Take 2 or WB or someone of that caliber.

From a publisher that doesn't have a press conference.
Not a strong enough IP to be invited to present during a platform holders press conference.
Announce it a week before E3 to give it attention, because if it was announced at E3 it would probably get smothered.

Doukou

Saying developer rather than publisher makes me feel like it's Injustice 2 since something like watch dogs would be announced by the publisher while Nether Relam usually announces their own stuff rather than WB.

Skeeter49

My guess is either Injustice 2 or Ubisoft's new IP. Injustice 2 because it just isn't as big as Mortal Kombat, and wouldn't really gather a lot of attention if revealed during E3, this is also assuming it couldn't get into Microsoft's or Sony's conference, more likely Sony's since they usually show off WB games, and with SFV and KOFXIV, a multiplat fighting game might not be a priority for their marketing. One thing against this is I don't think they'd have a whole month of coverage for IGN First this early, besides new fighters and story info, but I figure they'd want to spread a lot of that news out slowly.

I think Ubisoft is more likely, since we do know they'll be revealing their new game this week, which makes me think it'll be revealed by either IGN or Game Informer, as the only reason it makes sense to reveal it outside of the conference, a week before, is if they're planning to have a whole month of content for it.

It could be Rockstar, but I don't really think they need to rely on the coverage, but still a possibility, and the third most likely. 4th guess is Forza Horizon 3, since that's not a huge loss for their E3 conference.

Top Bottom