• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN will be announcing a "new AAA game from a major developer" at 8am PST tomorrow

I doubt it would be Ubisoft because they have their own press conference. They will keep everything for their own event. I can't see it being RE7, because that franchise has history behind it.

It will not be from the following
EA
Bethesda
Microsoft
Sony
Ubisoft
Nintendo
it's going to be from volition
shinobi laid it thick

DJIzana

Ah SHITS, Xenosaga 4 it is!

Don't worry... you'll get your Xenoblade Chronicles X-2, instead, soon enough!

#Cantwait ... seriously. Gonna be amazing when Monolith Soft unveils their next game.

I really hope it's a new IP and not Watch Dogs 2 though. That or at least impress with regarding Watch Dogs 2 or give me something that resembles a final product and few to little downgrades for a reveal...
wishful thinking, I know.

I doubt it would be Ubisoft because they have their own press conference. They will keep everything for their own event. I can't see it being RE7, because that franchise has history behind it.

It will not be from the following
EA
Bethesda
Microsoft
Sony
Ubisoft
Nintendo

I could see Ubisoft using this as a sort of pre-announcement to get headlines for a few days - then letting the demo shine on Monday. It's the same strategy EA took this year, revealing Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 a few weeks ahead of E3. Got people talking, rather than having the two be bulletpoints in a breakdown of the conferences. But both will still have gameplay debuts at the show.

But all this is pointless, because literally every warning sign is point at Volition right now.

Half-Life 3.
image.png

Volition are apparently working on a new IP. Given the rumored name "Agents of Mayhem" it seems like it could be based on a new version of their GeoMod system.
Oh man, what? Might RF Guerrilla finally be topped? I honestly feel that nothing in this gen or the last has surpassed that game's building destruction

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Oh man, what? Might RF Guerrilla finally be topped? I honestly feel that nothing in this gen or the last has surpassed that game's building destruction

It's worth noting that "Agent of Mayhem" is how the developers referred to the player character in Saints Row 4, so it's plausibly a successor series to that.

Squire

Banned
It's worth noting that "Agent of Mayhem" is how the developers referred to the player character in Saints Row 4, so it's plausibly a successor series to that.

Huh. The title screams "SR successor" to me without even taking this context into account.

Given how Volition can't seem to pin down what they want Saints Row and Red Faction to even be, I can't get myself excited for this. It might be a freaking documentary-themed Saints Row cart game with a horror aesthetic.

DJIzana

I'd like to see something new and different than Dead Rising 4 from our own Capcom branch in Vancouver. I couldn't get into Dead Rising.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm kind of expecting it to be set in the Saints Row world, but not technically be a straight up Saints Row game. Same kind of game, but a whole different set-up (maybe a Crackdown type of game?).

Kremzeek

So Saints Row 5 it is then.

Hopefully they're using a dramatically improved game engine since the last one.

Top Bottom