• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN will be announcing a "new AAA game from a major developer" at 8am PST tomorrow

oti

Banned
Video game journalism is hilarious. If you have something to report then report it. Don't pimp yourselves into the advertising arm of publishers by talking about it only when they schedule you to do so.

This is a win-win for both parties, IGN and the publisher. What is the problem?

This is a win-win for both parties, IGN and the publisher. What is the problem?

Notice how you didn't include consumers in that win win scenario. These publications being so tightly controlled by the people selling the games is never a good thing.

A place for unbiased news just becomes another pr site that only hypes games up.

I started Saints Row 4 on PS Now last week and was quite surprised how bad it looked. I dunno whether it was lower quality due to it being streamed opposed to a disk version, but I felt like I was playing a PS2 game. For the first 15 minutes I was thinking it was going to reveal I was a character, playing a video game, in the game.

Edit: Just looked this up, and apparently games can look low res/blurry compared to their PS3 versions.

derFeef

t1465228800z1.png

KeRaSh

Yeah, yeah... they don't have the rights to the Red Faction IP but I would still love them to make a spiritual successor to the franchise.
It will be Saint's Row, though. It's the safer choice... ;_;

Maybe it will be Agents of Mayhem (if it's Volition) and not a new Saints Row, according to some things discovered some weeks ago.

Duxxy3

Probably Saints Row 5.

Hopefully doesn't have the aliens or super powers. Saints Row 4 was a neat re-use of assets, but I wouldn't want that gameplay in a second straight game.

#bootsontheground

Going to park my car here and say if its indeed a Saints Row, I would prefer it to be in the vein of SR3 and 4. Sorry 2 lovers.

I would love if they incorporated in a Saints Row the destruction of Red Faction, as they dont have the IP anymore.

If its a new franchise, it would also be welcome.

This is one of those situations where I definitely am not in the same target demographic as the majority of GAF.

Because nothing will please me more than SRV. All I hope is it's been given a decent budget.

Volition has been streaming the SR games and cut material from them the past few months. What's interesting is they've been doing it chronologically, so going from SR1-4. So this is SR5 or Agents of Mayhem is a spiritual successor to the series.

Really wouldn't get my hopes up for Red Faction.

Got a link for those streams?

shira

I hope for IGN's sake this is a legit AAA game.

I feel they get way more hate for overhyping things

delSai

If it's Saints Row please let it be serious gangster shit and not the abomination of what 3 & 4 are

Problem is this Over the Top shit sells :/ Why make a game that everybody just calls a "GTA clone" anyway when you can make whatever 4 was and sell way more than you did with the "GTA clone"

Top Bottom