• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IIT:Udoubtedly The Most underrated GBA Game.

Nasreddin

10724011123659540_00_large.jpg

What an amazing platformer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b9Fof1yHNE

DMG-01

bababouille said:
Absolutely loved Shining Soul II. Gorgeous game.
shining_soul_ii_profilelarge.jpg
That's from Shining Soul 1. :p
Boney said:
It isn't for one of the best games for the system.

It's incredible, really.
Perhaps I'll bite then. I have been wanting to pick it up for a couple years now.

oracrest

I have been on the lookout for Infiltrator for a while, but stores always just have the other, really bad Medal of Honor.

My vote goes to the side scrolling beat em up TMNT.

tmnt-20070306023628046.jpg

tmnt-20070306023627015.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
One more game I forgot: Lady Sia

lady-sia.456390.jpg

I'm surprised gaf doesn't even know about this game. it's been years since I played my copy but it was a pretty awesome platformer with nice combat and street fighter input commands for summon attacks and whatnot. The bosses were dick hard though but man if it wasn't a fun ride through.

Codeblue

Thank you guys for reminding me of Shining Soul. I really wanted to play it at around the time it came out but no store near me stocked it. Now that I have a credit card, it's time to search Amazon for some reasonably priced copies.

This thread rocks.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
I finished this two or three times. It's alright.

From the overlooked GBA games I think Jackie Chan is probably my favorite. Stupid design and all but I had fun with it :lol

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
CIMA: The Enemy is my pick. Neverland-developed isometric action RPG with a unique (but not terribly effective) real-time-strategy system. I really liked the game but very few people I know even talk about it, and if they do it's usually because they don't like it.

Hootie

MOH: Infiltrator really is a great game, I bought it back in the day and played the hell out of it.

Good stuff.

seady

I feel bad for selling all my niche and great GBA games few years back...

Medal of Honor Infilitrator
Car Battler Joe
Karnaaj Racing
Tactics Ogre
Ninja Five-O
and more…

I bet they are going up for pretty high now.

Mdk7

oracrest said:
I have been on the lookout for Infiltrator for a while, but stores always just have the other, really bad Medal of Honor.

My vote goes to the side scrolling beat em up TMNT.

tmnt-20070306023628046.jpg

tmnt-20070306023627015.jpg
That game's soo good it hurts.

Has probably been posted a million times in a million other threads, but you gotta love the box art for Karnaaj Rally.

2u61owz.jpg

And the fact Seanbaby reviewed it for EGM based solely on said box art. Good times.

Go Go Beckham
Good, somewhat original platformer. Level design never picks up, so it doesn't reach greatness.

Adventure_On_Soccer_Island_Coverart.jpg

beckham.png
gogo1.gif
go-go-beckham-adventure-on-soccer-island_02.png

Sabre Wulf
Platformer with puzzle elements by Rare

200px-Sabrewulfgbaboxart.jpg

1529b.png

a_med_3.jpg

Others:
DK King of Swing
Mario vs DK
Banjo Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
wwimm.jpg

Wait, but itsn't this game universally beloved by all peoples, regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual preference, etc.?

YES.

But it still so much better than anything else on the GBA that is has to take the crown. Its too good for its own good.

Platy

Threads like this are the reason why GBA is my favorite plataform EVER

Even the bizarre undeground movie tie ins are AWESOME !

...but i have to say that some of those titles are lacking "underatedness"

Wanace

DidntKnowJack said:
Has probably been posted a million times in a million other threads, but you gotta love the box art for Karnaaj Rally.

2u61owz.jpg

And the fact Seanbaby reviewed it for EGM based solely on said box art. Good times.

This is actually an awesome game. An RC-Pro Am experience on the GBA, but better. Definitely underrated.

Sonic Advance

I mean, people always go "Sega hasn't made a good classic Sonic game since Sonic 3!!"

But those seem people obviously haven't played Sonic Advance. Sonic Advance is an amazing 2D Sonic game. I love the level design, and the characters play like Sonic 3.

Raife

captmcblack said:
Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Bad Dream?

Advance Guardian Heroes?

Medabots RPG?

:(
Was Buster's Bad Dream the game developed by Treasure? That game was ridiculously hard. Is it worth going back to?

Serenade said:
One more game I forgot: Lady Sia

I'm surprised gaf doesn't even know about this game. it's been years since I played my copy but it was a pretty awesome platformer with nice combat and street fighter input commands for summon attacks and whatnot. The bosses were dick hard though but man if it wasn't a fun ride through.
Played this recently. I had a lot of problems with the camera (if you can call it that). Never felt like I had an optimal view of the level, and while the visuals are nice the music is very repetitive.

Still it was alright, could have used some polishing.

Jazzem

I love how so many different games are cropping up as suggestions for the thread title, the GBA library kicks that much ass :D

There's still plenty of games I missed out on that I want to get round to. I was always interested in Shining Soul but heard meh things about it; should I ignore such impressions?

Also glad to hear Sonic Battle love, it's not exactly an amazing game but it's a surprisingly interesting and comprehensive one. I ended up putting like 25 hours into it.

To give another Sonic example (glad to hear Sonic Advance mentioned, until 4 it was my favourite post-Mega Drive game in the series):

Sonicpp.png

Great pinball game, inventive pinball table designs and appealing presentation due to basing the boards on Sonic Team games (the NiGHTS one is an absolute treat). Though one must mention the impossible story mode (just trying beating Dr Robotnik, just try...). I need to pick up Pinball of the Dead as well :)

TheOGB

Banned
Jazzem said:

Great pinball game, inventive pinball table designs and appealing presentation due to basing the boards on Sonic Team games (the NiGHTS one is an absolute treat). Though one must mention the impossible story mode (just trying beating Dr Robotnik, just try...). I need to pick up Pinball of the Dead as well :)
Damn, forgot all about that. I was surprised at how quickly I was sucked in by it.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
GoutPatrol said:
[WarioWare picture]

Wait, but itsn't this game universally beloved by all peoples, regardless of race, creed, color, gender, sexual preference, etc.?

YES.

But it still so much better than anything else on the GBA that is has to take the crown. Its too good for its own good.
I went over this earlier; There's a WarioWare that is perfect for this thread, and it ain't this one.

Twisted is the best game in the series, but its worst seller.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
N4Us said:
ypo34.jpg

Trust me, I can't stand DBZ but this game is fun as hell.
This game is fantastic. Dimps (the developer) also made a fantastic One Piece game for the GBA that nobody seems to have played.

26vvprh

Not an under rated game by any stretch of the imagination, but I just picked this up tonight.

2ir9c7t.jpg

Cut me some slack. I'm psyched to finally play this, and how many other active GBA threads are there right now? :D

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
You're in for a treat.

There really need to be more RPGs with modest ~20 hour run times like Superstar Saga, the popular notion that anything in the genre not pushing 40 hour plus runtimes is "short" needs to die a horrible death. It just makes for more bloat, not more game.

Warioware Twisted is better than the original. Too bad the Europeans never got it...
For me, Twisted < Original < Touched < Smooth Moves
D.I.Y. is a different (awesome) beast whose strong points are different, so I won't rank it.

+1 for Rhythm Tengoku. That and Twisted are the very best on the GBA IMO.

I remember the TMNT game. I don't like "stop-and-go fighters" as I call them, but it is one of the best of the genre I've ever played.

flintstryker said:
It just kinda sad when you play a game and there's no music at all. Feels depressing.

Red

Shig said:
You're in for a treat.

There really need to be more RPGs with modest ~20 hour run times like Superstar Saga, the popular notion that anything in the genre not pushing 40 hour plus runtimes is "short" needs to die a horrible death. It just makes for more bloat, not more game.
Superstar Saga was my favorite Mario RPG since the SNES. Might be my favorite overall. Haven't played Bowser's Inside Story yet, so that may change.

I had a damned good LotR loot based RPG on the GBA.

Actually, I'm bookmarking this thread because I don't remember playing much else on that thing. My GBA barely got used :(

HYDE

Banned
shaowebb said:
Wait...Pulseman? I thought that was sega europe only. You mean to tell me it hit the GBA?

Nah, it was released here in the US on the Virtual Console for Wii.

Codeblue

I picked Drill Dozer up a while back for $10 from Target. It seemed like every Target had a stack of 10 of them waiting to be sold that they could just not get rid of.

My Wal-Mart had some that they were selling for $30 up until 2008 when they sold them all. A year later they put out 10 more. They continue to sit there, at the bottom of the DS wall.

What's weird about all of this is that I could absolutely not find a copy when it was first released.

This game has been bizarre with respect to price and availability for me.

Top Bottom