• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Illinois & Rhode Island lawmakers introduce gay marriage bills, both likely to pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Senate President John Cullerton (D-Chicago) wants Feb. 14 to be the day his legislative chamber votes to legalize gay marriages in Illinois.

“I’d like to pass it out of committee next week and pass it on Valentine’s Day,” Cullerton told the Chicago Sun-Times in a meeting Thursday with the newspaper’s Editorial Board.

Cullerton said he believes the legislation, Senate Bill 10, has the necessary 30 votes to pass and move to the House, clearing a major hurdle in making Illinois the 10th state to legalize same-sex marriages.

Bam! BAM BLAM BLICKA BLAM WOOOOAH NELLY!

In both Rhode Island and Illinois, their Senates were the more major hurdles. So this is great news.

great valentine's day is ruined for all heterosexuals now. :(

cake will help soothe the hurt

MJNP2A5.jpg

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
If the IL House passes this, it will be the only good thing Pat Quinn will have signed.

So now that the Senate has approved it in Illinois, what's the next step before it's completely passed? I'm embarrassed to have to ask that out loud... but, as someone living in Illinois, I'm very happily surprised by this. It's even better that this happened on Valentine's Day.

ivysaur12

Banned
So now that the Senate has approved it in Illinois, what's the next step before it's completely passed? I'm embarrassed to have to ask that out loud... but, as someone living in Illinois, I'm very happily surprised by this. It's even better that this happened on Valentine's Day.

It has to pass the House. And in Rhode Island, it needs to pass the Senate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom