• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm genuinely impressed by Sony's decision to make their PS5 First-Party Games exclusive to Next-Gen only! (Positive Vibes ITT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocoCocoPops

Neo Member
I think it was the right thing to do. Its just better messaging for me personally. Play anywhere great... I’ll play on pc. MS is all about the services and keeping people on gamepass (they both are) Although they’ll be similar in what they offer, it just sounds much better these are ‘next gen games’; instead of our new game will work on x1 x1x xsx & pc. With that said they’ll both make great games

Bryank75

Banned
You did not answer the question and our arguing like a kid: ox I’d not exist, what other argument can you come up with?
You are the one who never offered a counter to my argument... you just said basically 'that doesn't count, give me another' which is the most childish thing here.

Psykodad

Banned
Whether or not they are exclusives, they are nothing more than cross-gen titles. Just because they are not available on the ps4, doesn't mean to say that they would not play or the development started on the ps4 before being bumped to ps5.

It is given that they will make use of the SSD, as that is what the ps5 has in it. To what extent like you said is irrelevant. At the end of the day, do people want gimmicks or "world transitions" in every game? Are they needed?

Like I said, don't think for one minute that we will be getting all the "new tech" just because it is on the ps5 or XsX. Apart from guaranteed faster loading and a few extra bells and whistles. At the end of the day, even the launch games on the XsX will still benefit from some of "new tech" even though they are releasing on the xbones. A bit of RT here and some faster loading there with a res and grfx bump for both consoles (ps5 and XsX) will be the extent of our upgrades until the games that really targeted the new consoles get made... Which ain't happening yet.

The people running around proclaiming cross-gen bad every 5 minutes sound like they have either never witnessed a new gen or are just simply swallowing the company PR bullshit. Unless of course, sony devs are somehow capable of knocking out their AAA titles in 18 months all of sudden... We will see.
We have this discussion every single gen.
"it's just a shinier current-gen game".

Is the game next-gen exclusive? Yes?
Does it make use of next-gen features? Yes?
Then it is next-gen.

Vognerful

It does not count because ”whataboutism” is not an argument! And it is not argument because if Nintendo or Xbox did not exist , what would be justification for your position? I’d Nintendo and Xbox did not exist, would you still argue for the same position? Or would you change it?

if you would still agree than what would be your other justification. If you would not support such position if Nintendo or Xbox just disappeared, then You only prefer it out of console fanboyism and consumer identity.

Bryank75

Banned
It does not count because ”whataboutism” is not an argument! And it is not argument because if Nintendo or Xbox did not exist , what would be justification for your position? I’d Nintendo and Xbox did not exist, would you still argue for the same position? Or would you change it?

if you would still agree than what would be your other justification. If you would not support such position if Nintendo or Xbox just disappeared, then You only prefer it out of console fanboyism and consumer identity.
But they do exist... stay within the bounds of reality here.

thelastword

Banned
One thing I can't help but smile about is the fact that a game like Demon's Souls is being remade exclusively for the PS5 from the ground-up.

The reason is because a game like Demon's Souls wouldn't necessarily be a system seller in the eyes of any other publisher which would have resulted in it becoming a cross-gen title.

Sony Interactive Entertainment is taking a big gamble by making some of their upcoming games a PS5 exclusive only, especially when considering the current economic situation.

It's something that I think will pay off for Sony as they launch the PS5 with games that can only look and play the way they do on that respective console.

So GAF, are you happy that Sony are making games like Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 7, Spider-Man Miles Moreles, and Horizon: Forbidden West exclusively for next-gen?
Yes OP, I am very happy. What's more is that there are more First Party/Exclusive games to be shown soon.....And of course what we saw on the 11th will look much better next time we see them. Bodes well eh!

Yes OP, I am very happy. What's more is that there are more First Party/Exclusive games to be shown soon.....And of course what we saw on the 11th will look much better next time we see them. Bodes well eh!
I have a good feeling we will get to see God of War Part II and Cory Barlog's secret new IP in the next event.

Even the rumored Silent Hill reboot will be built from the ground up for the PS5 and it's going to look incredible. Japan studio also has that RaySpace game that's been in development for almost a decade now.

I'm just really happy to see Demon's Souls not get the cross-gen treatment and fully take advantage of the PS5 hardware.

saintjules

Its ok. You cant afford it we get it.

It's really interesting that there's many that haven't saved up for next-gen based on comments I've seen. Do people generally wait until the price is known before they scramble whatever cash they can get?

Jtibh

Banned
It's really interesting that there's many that haven't saved up for next-gen based on comments I've seen. Do people generally wait until the price is known before they scramble whatever cash they can get?
What baffels me is they have this 399 expectations but when its 499 they loose their shit.

It only means to me they never even had 399 saved up to begin with.

If i save up the next 6 months at 500 that is 83 bucks a month.
I bet they spend that much on booze weed and junk food in a day.

Or if i wan to go to the extreme and say xbox was shown in december that a whole year so you cant save up 40 bucks a month?

Leyasu

Banned
We have this discussion every single gen.
"it's just a shinier current-gen game".

Is the game next-gen exclusive? Yes?
Does it make use of next-gen features? Yes?
Then it is next-gen.
If it is a cross-gen that also makes use of the next gen hardware then doesn't that also qualify?

Perhaps the people that agreed with you should also respond.

Psykodad

Banned
If it is a cross-gen that also makes use of the next gen hardware then doesn't that also qualify?

Perhaps the people that agreed with you should also respond.
No, because a cross-gen title is a cross-gen title.

The wording is self-explanatory.

If it releases on two gens, you know it is designed with last-gen in mind as well.
If it's next-gen exclusive, you can't claim the same.

Last edited:

saintjules

What baffels me is they have this 399 expectations but when its 499 they loose their shit.

It only means to me they never even had 399 saved up to begin with.

If i save up the next 6 months at 500 that is 83 bucks a month.
I bet they spend that much on booze weed and junk food in a day.

Or if i wan to go to the extreme and say xbox was shown in december that a whole year so you cant save up 40 bucks a month?

Dude, I am with you 1000% here. You know, when the rumors and other info on next-gen started to come out near the end of 2018, I started to save up. $30-40 here and there. It wasn't until November 2019 I started to put more in monthly. It's just the best way to be prepared regardless of price. I mean, I feel bad for those who don't work or can't come up with the money for what they want to enjoy. That's one thing, but saving for something you want overall is just common sense to me. You want something, save up for it. That's why this conversation on price is funny sometimes. Shit, there's even people in the US commenting that they are using their stimulus checks for Consoles. I mean, if that's how you gotta do it, go for it.

I have enough cash to buy both Consoles and games. I might even get the headphones despite that I have a Home Theater setup. Even in the worst case scenario that both Consoles are $600/ea. I'm covered, plus the tax. The tax for the Console in NY alone is an extra $40-50.

In any event I'm ready, just waiting for pre-orders to open. I just wished Sony wouldn't dance around this.

Last edited:

Leyasu

Banned
No, because a cross-gen title is a cross-gen title.

The wording is self-explanatory.

Ok gotcha. So even though the game is just a shinier current game, as long as it is exclusive to the new console, then it is a next gen game.. lol

pixelation

The reception that the PS5 reveal got from the public at large was largely positive (social media, youtube reactions, people IRL), the only negativity seems to be found in forums (forums however do not represent the gaming populace at large, so it's easy to get a skewed idea of what the real reception to the PS5 reveal was).

yurinka

Sony already made a ton of PS4 games, it doesn't need more 1st party AAA games after Tsushima.

Time to move to PS5 and avoid crossgen games to make sure devs can take advantage of the PS5 horsepower without being limited by the PS4.

Barakov

One thing I can't help but smile about is the fact that a game like Demon's Souls is being remade exclusively for the PS5 from the ground-up.

The reason is because a game like Demon's Souls wouldn't necessarily be a system seller in the eyes of any other publisher which would have resulted in it becoming a cross-gen title.

Sony Interactive Entertainment is taking a big gamble by making some of their upcoming games a PS5 exclusive only, especially when considering the current economic situation.

It's something that I think will pay off for Sony as they launch the PS5 with games that can only look and play the way they do on that respective console.

So GAF, are you happy that Sony are making games like Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 7, Spider-Man Miles Moreles, and Horizon: Forbidden West exclusively for next-gen?
THIS is a clever trap.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Aged like a fine cheese

Hungry Food GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom