• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow; any advice, HairGAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yyyyyyeah... My eyebrows have been my bane for years. That and my facial hair. It grows way too fast and I always have trouble shaving it off cleanky.

Just get them done by wherever you get your haircut. I mean it's not a standard service typically but any place will do it if you ask.

Skux

Unless you have a long face already, you really can't go wrong with a short back & sides, undercut, or pompadour.

literally all men are getting the same fucking haircu these days with the faded sides and hair in the middle off to one side or whatever.

Keep it simple & clean and get yourself one of these:

ae6ea0d9f3dc75b322a7ec40c9741d4f.jpg

This isn't what I'm personally adorning right now but I think it would suit your face shape and overall aesthetic.

I wish I could get this myself but my barber says my part is higher up than most so it wouldn't look good.

I like these, but I definitely don't have model-tier looks. And although I don't inherently want a conservative haircut, I know for a fact none of these would fly at work.

Do you work at a church? An undercut isn't some crazy haircut.

Osukaa

hairdid.jpg
holy hell lol I'm gonna have to second the cornrows fam. Gaf got me laughing like a madman at 12:56 am lol

Whatever haircut you pick make sure you got the similar hairline as the one you wanted. I feel this is one of the things overlooked by many when selevting a new haircut.

Skux

As someone with a long face, what kind of haircut do you recommend?

Go for something fuller at the sides and with plenty of texture to break up the tallness of your face. A short fringe can also cover the top of your forehead, making your face look a bit shorter.

oblonghairstyles.jpg

Seijuro

I would go for a fade haircut too. It's practical because the first weeks it will look hip, after the shaved look fades the sides and back are still short enough that you have a fashionable haircut which still looks rather new.

Buzzcut or short on the sides and longer on the top, so you can style it or don't (I don't). That's it.

Don't think about how some haircut actually looks good on a model (basically forget half of the posts). That's why they are models. Cause they look good. It's not the haircut.

iPaul93

Go for something that makes you look more mature.Your current haircut suits a teenager,not an adult.I can send you some suggestions through pm if you want.Just let me know.

Skux

Don't think about how some haircut actually looks good on a model (basically forget half of the posts). That's why they are models. Cause they look good. It's not the haircut.

There are plenty of YouTube barber videos with plain looking guys who come out looking amazing after a good haircut.

Oxn

Cut your own hair like I do.

#1 on the sides and back. Whatever you want on the top. If you are not a great barber like myself, just keep the setting on coarse, so that the unevenness of it blends in, and over the weekend it grows enough where no one will notice.

Hell i just cut my own hair 30 minutes ago.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Cut your own hair like I do.

#1 on the sides and back. Whatever you want on the top. If you are not a great barber like myself, just keep the setting on coarse, so that the unevenness of it blends in, and over the weekend it grows enough where no one will notice.

Hell i just cut my own hair 30 minutes ago.

Do this at your own risk. Cutting your own hair, even if you're just using electric clippers and going for a simple look, is a lot harder than it seems. Tapering is a bitch.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Comb over fade, high and tight with a hard part.

The hard part the fucking worst.

If they are coming with that straight razor and they start working on the top of your dome, slap that shit out of their hand. A regular hitler youth/undercut looks way better without the arbitrary bald stroke.

SeanR1221

hair looking straight but not sure about that beard

Hey now ;/
The hard part the fucking worst.

If they are coming with that straight razor and they start working on the top of your dome, slap that shit out of their hand. A regular hitler youth/undercut looks way better without the arbitrary bald stroke.

I'm not a fan of hard parts just because a lot of times they look like the sea parting

Goron2000

best junior ever
Go for something fuller at the sides and with plenty of texture to break up the tallness of your face. A short fringe can also cover the top of your forehead, making your face look a bit shorter.

oblonghairstyles.jpg

The guy in the bottom left looks like he's just seen himself in the mirror and realised he's an extra-terrestrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom