• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm going to propose

DogofWar

Some of the responses made me snicker, but I will only wish you the best of luck OP.

Being married with a good woman is nothing near the stereotypical shitstorm you see in sitcoms. It creates an actual meaning in life and when you both realize that you plan years ahead as opposed to a week ahead you will somehow realize that it is for real.

Not that marriage is easy of course, lots of small, and big, things strain the relationship. Which is why you should start to nag at each other like an old married couple from the get go. Don't hold all those small annoyances inside you for years. Then all those unwashed pears, times she wore a stupid sweater or complained when you listened to the 8th Black Metal album for the day finally becomes too much and you will explode.

Oh and make sure to never get lazy in bed, regular orgasms is the key to keeping a woman happy. Especially if she is mad at you for some reason a good fuck will make everything right a lot better than flowers do.

Super Mario

Banned
Some of the responses made me snicker, but I will only wish you the best of luck OP.

Being married with a good woman is nothing near the stereotypical shitstorm you see in sitcoms. It creates an actual meaning in life and when you both realize that you plan years ahead as opposed to a week ahead you will somehow realize that it is for real.

Not that marriage is easy of course, lots of small, and big, things strain the relationship. Which is why you should start to nag at each other like an old married couple from the get go. Don't hold all those small annoyances inside you for years. Then all those unwashed pears, times she wore a stupid sweater or complained when you listened to the 8th Black Metal album for the day finally becomes too much and you will explode.

Oh and make sure to never get lazy in bed, regular orgasms is the key to keeping a woman happy. Especially if she is mad at you for some reason a good fuck will make everything right a lot better than flowers do.

Sounds like something I'd read on Vox

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
I spent six years with a crazy chick and then we broke up and then i spent four years with a less crazy chick and that chick is now my wife

I’m just saying *looks at watch “it’s time fuck it”* is not necessarily a great reason for legal entanglements

but maybe you’re just acting like a badass because GAF is full of badass alphas and you don’t want to look soft

in which case congrats you don’t have to go nuts but make it special

Yeah I’ve been divorced before and, speaking from experience, “fuck it” really isn’t the mindset to have going into marriage.

I knew I wanted to marry my current wife within months of dating her and was never more certain of anything in my life.

With my ex it was “well I guess we should???”

I wish you nothing but the best of luck OP but there are real consequences if things don’t pan out. Let me tell you, dating as a somewhat still young divorcee can be difficult because many women demand that “never married” status.

Last edited:

plushyp

This thread is gold.

She said yes.

Thanks everyone.
Good luck, Mexen. You'll need it!

m5Sk9iQ.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
Congrats man.
I've been thinking about it recently too. Never had plans to marry but we've been together 10 years with no major problems.

Top Bottom