• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm playing Indigo Prophecy for the first time..

coopolon

But if you stop at the museum, how will you experience the the most mature, adult, and brilliant implementation of sex in a videogame ever by the esteemed videogame producer, David Cage*.

*: Also known for producing the predetermined GOTY 2010, Heavy Rain.

Edit: OMG I just read through a GameFaq on this game again just to refresh myself on the story. For all that is holy in the world, stop after the diner!

I've never seen a game become so terrible at such a SPECIFIC point. I think its when your save file reads 51%, and then
You get attacked by every single fucking item in your apartment

If ever there was a game that punished you for finishing it, it would be Indigo Prophecy.

Might as well finish it now. It's only like 8 hours total and it sounds like you're at least at 5 or 6.

I played it last month on Xbox, then started to play it again on PC to see if there was anything different other than the out of place sex scenes (and also to see the out of place sex scenes :D). The QTEs, story twists, and TWO (the second one kicks you while you're down) stealth scenes are terrible and I find it shocking that anyone tries to defend any of them. Yes the QTEs are easy and I've never failed one with either keyboard or controller. They're still bad. I only got caught three times between BOTH playthroughs on the first stealth scene and had little trouble with the second after the first checkpoint. They're still out of place. Carla's TWO first person panic attack segments are specifically designed to be a waste of everyone's time. This game just hates you, and makes you pay in every way for wanting to know what is going on.

Still, Heavy Rain will probably be the reason I get a PS3.

Oh, and Carla does have a toilet, it's just a separate room. You don't get to watch her pee, though. Er... not that I'd want to >.>

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wasn't trying to be cute and funny when I told you to stop. There is nothing funny about the second half of this game. It's not even a train-wreck in the interesting way. It's the saddest type of failure there is: the type that isn't in any way interesting to observe.

Costanza

Banned
Rez said:
I wasn't trying to be cute and funny when I told you to stop. There is nothing funny about the second half of this game. It's not even a train-wreck in the interesting way. It's the saddest type of failure there is: the type that isn't in any way interesting to observe.
I've invested too much time into this already. I have to see it through to the end.

Rez said:

It went downhill for sure, but I still enjoyed the last part quite a lot.

EmCeeGramr said:
remember, there are three different endings

have you fought the internet yet

wat? You literally fight the internet?

I played the demo for this years ago, brushed it off as this awkward digital equivalent of a choose your own adventure novel and never gave it a second thought. Now with Heavy Rain coming out soon I've been seeing all these threads and discussions about David Cage and Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit and it sounds and looks so damned batshit insane. The kind of batshit insane that would be worth experiencing at least once but everyone who has played the game seems to state otherwise.

well no a bunch of AIs form OUT OF the internet and form a "purple clan" that opposes the "orange clan" which is a group of mayan oracles that have ruled the world with omniscience and omnipotence for over 2000 years but decides to cause random murders so they can uh, find a girl who can talk to an alien meteor so they can control the world even more

there's no real explanation for any of this, by the way, except what little the secret organization of hobos that safeguards humanity tells you (i'm not joking)

The Maxx

Neo Member
Dude this game gets so ridiculous. Good concept it just tried to hard to be like The Matrix. Luckily Heavy Rain looks way better.

This thread is actually making me WANT to play this game now. I remember my friend raving about it years ago and then he finished it and couldn't stop swearing about how stupid it got at the end. But angels and hobos? Yeah, I'm kind of interested regardless.

Dogenzaka

Banned
bbsting120 said:
This thread is actually making me WANT to play this game now. I remember my friend raving about it years ago and then he finished it and couldn't stop swearing about how stupid it got at the end. But angels and hobos? Yeah, I'm kind of interested regardless.

Sounds like me. I felt like such a hypocrite when I picked up the game, raved to my friend about how incredible it was with the cafe scene and the fun investigations and decisions, and then I got close to beating the game and told my friend to never, ever play it. Lol.

Costanza

Banned
YAY, it's over! What a stupid fucking game :lol

I think I got the good ending.
Freezing stopped, Carla was pregnant...
What are the other ones?

Costanza said:
YAY, it's over! What a stupid fucking game :lol

I think I got the good ending.
Freezing stopped, Carla was pregnant...
What are the other ones?

So . . . should I play it or not waste my time? I'm thinking the latter.

AshMcCool

I really would like to replay it, but i cant get my retail copy to work on Windows 7. D2D and Steam-Version seems to be working fine, but the first one is too expensive, while the latter is censored.

Top Bottom