• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm upset that I still can't find a Switch in stores

BiggNife

Amazon has had the Neon bundle in stock for an hour at this point. Months ago it would've been gone in ten minutes. It's definitely getting better. We're still in the launch window where demand is super high, and to Nintendo's credit they seem to be doing a much better job with Switch supply than with the NES Classic.

BroBot

I GOT ONE!!!

Bought-a-switch.gif

Congrats man!

LordKasual

Banned
Nintendo's shortage market strategy (lol) is too good

The only reason I have a switch right now is because i walked into walmart and 8 brand new ones were in the electronics isle. Me and my friend both picked one up. Literally gone the next day. I should have bought more than one.

Immediately regretted it, but as long as I haven't beaten Zelda yet, it's still worth it i guess??????

OCD Guy

I didn't want the Neon but eh, just will buy Grey Joy-cons.

Neon wasn't my first choice either, but I'm kinda used to it now and it ain't too bad.

You might feel the same after a while....

What's weird is I thought neon was meant to be the rarer one but it seems to come in stock more often than grey.

The best colour is this: (but damn I hate how big the bezel is, would look so much more modern with a thin bezel)

RCUfwkV.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I got the Neon one from Amazon about a week ago the last time they stocked up.

I wanted the grey one at first two, but to be honest, I really like the Neon one. like, 100% of my gaming consoles are black or grey, so it's nice to at least have one with a little color in it. So far I'm absolutely loving it, but am looking forward to more games before I beat Zelda. Splatoon doesn't interest me even a little bit. Not my type of game. Neither is Mario Kart, though I may break down and pick it up if I beat Zelda and Blaster Master before Mario Odyssey comes out.

A little anecdote: just showed up to my local best buy. It opens in 10 minutes and there's a line of about 20 people outside, nearly 5 months after launch :/

Edit- and considerably more people flooding in just as the store opens.

phinious

Recommend looking at places normally no-one goes to for games. For me it's Shopko. Only place near with stock. They still have launch units an employee told me😂

mstevens

Went to Best Buy to grab splatoon this morning and ended up getting a ticket for a switch. Bought it for a friend who has been looking. It sounded like they got quite a few in.

Crazy that there was a huge line.

I saw a grey one at my local Target today, and some buds have been posting shots of ones at other Targets around San Antonio today. I think they're puttin' more out.

Top Bottom