• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm upset that I still can't find a Switch in stores

where exactly? My friend is looking for the grey one for months.

He can back order from Amazon.de. He won't get it right away, but if he did it months ago, he would have gotten the grey one by now. He won't be charged until it ships.

Or try his luck at not so obvious stores, like Mueller or Real.

Shiggy

He can back order from Amazon.de. He won't get it right away, but if he did it months ago, he would have gotten the grey one by now. He won't be charged until it ships.

Or try his luck at not so obvious stores, like Mueller or Real.

I mean Media Markt says it will be back in stock in a week or two, but from what I have heard they aren't actually expecting shipments of grey units anytime soon again, only neon units. Amazon.de also changed it from "back in stock in 1-2 months" to "currently not in stock".

Chopper

Is this a worldwide issue? I was shocked that I was able to just preorder a Splatoon 2 bundle a few days ago. It'll arrive today, in fact!

br3wnor

Last week I had one in my cart when they went up on amazon but couldn't justify it yet. I'd basically have Zelda and Mario Kart and not much else. Once Mario comes out I think it'll be enough to tilt me towards it but I'm worried that the stock situation this fall is gonna be even worse.

OryoN

Check/call your local major retailers. Some of them like Best buy, and GameStop(Target too?) were to restock today.

Thinkgeek(below) have quite a few gray Switch bundles. The current ones available($419) toss in a $60 Breath of the wild themed item, which - depending on your desire for the game and your attraction to the extra item - may or may not be worth it. Imo, the extra item has a personal worth of about 30-40 buck. So altogether, I'd be paying like $20-30 axtra to snag a Switch. If I didnt already have the console, I'd bite, knowing how hard the console is to find.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/nintendo-switch-bundles/

Keep an eye out for GameStop bundles. Despite what some say, they aren't that bad of a deal, especially if they give you the option of swapping items you'd rather purchace into the bundle (that's how I got mine). If you find a store that has, being courteous about it helps you. At the end of the day, they merely want you to purchase additional accessories totaling a certain price, so you can make your "perfect" bundle. You may also want to use inventory services like istocknow.com.

Also, keep an eye out for that GAF thread. "SO how bad is the Switch stock situation?" (on mobile now, a hassle to link). May find helpful stuff(tips, heads-ups, etc) there.

Yes the Switch stock situation sucks, but it's not impossible to get on. Just be aware of your options, use all tools available, and apply a bit more effort.

brerwolfe

I travel for my job and I always take an extra second to see if a store has a Switch in stock when I'm just browsing (I already have one). I was in Bethesda three weeks ago and Target had a few on the shelf. I was in Lewisburg, West Virginia two weeks ago and Wal-Mart had one. I'm in Auburn, Georgia this week and have seen two on shelves.

They're out there for sure. OP isn't helping himself when he fails to say his location.

MikeyB

Uniqlo has the Nintendo shirts on sale in HK, I think more teengers are buying nintendo theme'd clothes then Nintendo products 100:1

Those tops are everywhere in HK atm

No doubt. I would have picked up that Samus one of it didn't say "Metroid" right on it. The design is kickass.

kiguel182

Got mine from amazon.de, should arrive today according to them. Haven’t seen one in stores here. Altought there were tons online for a bit.

deoee

Zrpk0rY.png

Well...

NahaNago

I've never seen them in the wild and the last time i talked to a store employee about it they were telling me i probably won't easily see one in stores until winter.

Another reason I'm happy I own a Wii U and put a good bit of money into it.

I have games on top of games right now. Switch can stay out of reach for another year.

Ramsiege

If you're in the US, go to GameStop and see if they have a call list for when switches come in. That's what I did and got called within two weeks.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
No pro controllers at Best Buy. Picking up my amiibo and game and headed to work.

They do have both neon and gray switches though.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Come to Sweden. Stock is plentiful. They are piling up at my local retailer.

Cyryus

Just got back from picking up my copy of Splatoon from Best Buy in Deptford NJ and as soon as I walked in, a table full of Switches. Mostly the Neon versions but a few grey. At least 10-12 units. Same thing a few weeks ago when Arms came out.

Plus, http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/nintendoswitch/ is your friend. A bunch of people I know were successfully grabbing a Switch using this.

Edit: Looks like Amazon has Neon Switch in Stock for Prime members.

Astral Dog

As far as stock. I feel completely left out as a Nintendo fan. I can't find one of these things. Nintendo always promises they'll have plenty and it always turns out to be a complete lie. All these new games coming out and I'm probably not even going to be able to play them till next year maybe.

Doesn't help I'm losing interest due to the lack of stock.
If you are upset now you will be mad later :p

Big Nikus

So, is 330 euro the right price ? Wasn't it 300 before ?...
Apparently some stores here in France have the pack Switch + Splatoon 2 at 339 euros but I didn't find it :(

I dunno if I've just been lucky but I've been able to walk into a store and just see it on the shelf like over 10 times now. But i have no interest in getting one.

Top Bottom