• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In case you thought Pence wasn't so bad:Roe v Wade will be overturned if Trump wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOP vice presidential nominee Mike Pence on Thursday predicted Roe vs. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion, would be overturned if Donald Trump is elected president.

“I’m pro-life and I don’t apologize for it,” he said during a town hall meeting here. “We’ll see Roe vs. Wade consigned to the ash heap of history where it belongs.”

The comments — made in a conservative stronghold that strongly supported Texas Sen. Ted Cruz over Trump in the Michigan primary — were part of a broader argument Pence has been making on the stakes of the election: Voters need to consider that the next president will likely select multiple Supreme Court justices.

Pence said Trump would appoint strict constitutionalists in the mold of the late Justice Antonin Scalia.

Like I've been saying since at least January. Abortion is gone if Clinton doesn't win the election.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...-roe-v-wade-will-be-1469737388-htmlstory.html

Vestal

Gold Member
I really think we need a Trump OT..

Too many threads popping up about trump right now.

That said, we have heard this bs before. Just another notch on Trumps anti-everything belt.

I really think we need a Trump OT..

Too many threads popping up about trump right now.

That said, we have heard this bs before. Just another notch on Trumps anti-everything belt.
I suggested this and everyone shat on me for it. People love to talk about Trump/Clinton in every thread here.

Roe v Wade, Obergefell v. Hodges, United States v. Windsor, probably a stab at Lawrence v. Texas if they can get the right set of bigots on the Supreme Court.

jfkgoblue

Me too. I hope he walks around the country and barks it in women's faces, actually.
You know, abortion is pretty much split down the middle in terms of public opinion, unlike gay marriage for example, it's actually become less accepted today than it was 20 years ago, so it is trending downward, wouldn't be surprised if there is a serious push with the next decade or two to overturn Roe v Wade
http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/abortion.aspx

And Millennials in general are much more prolife than boomers

So really don't see how this could possibly hurt the republican nominee lol, if anything, it will help strengthen his hold on the WASP Repiblicans that are seriously struggling to support Trump.

Madness

Just stupid. In the era of globalized medicine and travel, all you would do is consign millions of American women to purchasing dangerous Thai or Indian pharmaceutical drugs that would terminate the fetus also potentially harm them or spending tons of money travelling to Canada, Mexico or Latin American countries to terminate pregnancies, or in extreme cases, dead fetuses in dumpsters or increase in abandoned children at churches and orphanages.

It is explicitly about targeting women through banning abortion which has been the biggest equalizer for women in history. Not only can they control pregnancy, but can embrace their sexuality in a way they never could before.

Let'd be real here. No one is pro-Abortion, they are pro-Choice. Who are any of us to decide whether someone else can or cannot choose to take their pregnancy to term. Just pathetic. They could back up excuses for wanting to target planned parenthood and abortion if they allowed equal pay for equal work, mandatory 1 year maternity leave for women, supportive of daycare or child minding space for workplaces, increased the availability of birth control, contraceptives and increased and better sex education but they won't do that either. What is the number one reason for abortion? Because the woman is not adequately equipped to raise a child or cannot do so rather than not wanting to have one. Many women terminate pregnancies because they have school and education to complete, career and job aspirations, etc. Whatever. These are things the majority of people voting for Trump-Pence won't even think about. All they know if 'life begins at conception'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom