• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pence becomes 1st vice president to address March for Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

Vice President Mike Pence told a crowd gathered Friday for the annual March for Life that ending taxpayer-funded abortion and choosing a Supreme Court justice who will uphold "God-given" liberties are among the administration's top priorities.

Pence was the first sitting vice president to address the march. Speaking to demonstrators near the Washington Monument, he also accused the Supreme Court, in the landmark Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion, of turning "away from these timeless ideals."

One of President Donald Trump's first acts after taking office a week ago was to sign an executive order banning U.S. aid to foreign groups that provide abortions. Pence said more such action would follow.

https://apnews.com/f09322dfa5c24d7f...-1st-vice-president-to-address-March-for-Life

Because women don't deserve to be able to have control over their body right am I right? /s

Apathy

Grats women of the US, you're incapable of making your choices with your body. Gotta let old white men tell you exactly what to do.

These fucking disgusting republicans.

Wulfric

Timeless ideals? More like stone age.

I'm okay with someone practicing their religion, but not at the expense of another woman's choice.

Yeah Pence is a garbage person, I'm not surprised he was there.

Pro-choice =/= pro-abortion, that's the end of that argument.

UGH. Fuck off with this shit. Can't believe these guys. Change is inevitable, republicans, just accept it! Sooner or later all the old men in power are going to be dead and they won't be able to do anything about all this. But obviously they want to leave a legacy that makes things like this as difficult as possible so they can keep messing with people from the grave.

Apathy

Kinda wish dual impeachment was possible. On the grounds of being absolute cunts

maybe if we can trigger trump with how many votes didn't go his way he might get tricked enough for a do over, I'm sure after a week of this shit some people are more likely to get off their ass and stop being salty and go vote democrat like they should have

subrock

Kinda wish dual impeachment was possible. On the grounds of being absolute cunts

I'm not sure if the people pulling the strings can actually be removed, if it wasn't Trump or Pence it would be someone else getting manipulated by Bannon and Co. Kinda more wish 3rd terms were a thing right now

In case anyone on Facebook or Twitter says the mainstream media wouldn't cover this, note that CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times and The Washington Post are all covering it live.

UGH. Fuck off with this shit. Can't believe these guys. Change is inevitable, republicans, just accept it! Sooner or later all the old men in power are going to be dead and they won't be able to do anything about all this. But obviously they want to leave a legacy that makes things like this as difficult as possible so they can keep messing with people from the grave.

Yeah all those 90 year olds constantly visiting r/the_donald

Xe4

Banned
If democrats don't get their act together fast, Roe v. Wade is going down the toilet. The only wall pro-choice has is Kennedy and RBG, and they are both old as fuck and ain't gonna last 8 years.

Democrats better reject any prolife mother fucker they put on the table (if the filibuster isn't gutted).

Glix

maybe if we can trigger trump with how many votes didn't go his way he might get tricked enough for a do over, I'm sure after a week of this shit some people are more likely to get off their ass and stop being salty and go vote democrat like they should have

I had this thought earlier today. An executive order calling for an election do over.

I'd say it could never never never happen, but he's so insecure its fun to play with the idea.

Camwi

Grats women of the US, you're incapable of making your choices with your body. Gotta let old white men tell you exactly what to do.

These fucking disgusting republicans.

Pretty sure most, if not all Republican women in office are anti-choice, too.

UberTag

Note: This means that Roe vs. Wade is dead. This SCOTUS will make sure of it.
This will be the crux of any Democrat filibuster gambit. They'll force the Republicans hand to destroy the filibuster and satiate their primal need to outlaw abortions... knowing that it will come back to bite them in the ass later.

RDreamer

Addresses March for life.

Party currently contemplating repealing healthcare that allows cancer patients, etc, to live and is for blocking refugee children from escaping the hellscape our country had a hand in creating by starting a nonsense war.

Ok.

So did the media ignore the march and that's why I haven't seen the millions more people trump promised would be there comparatively? Lol

Xe4

Banned
This will be the crux of any Democrat filibuster gambit. They'll force the Republicans hand to either destroy the filibuster or satiate their primal need to outlaw abortions.
If the republicans gut the filibuster to put some evil fucker on the bench, I hope when democrats inevitably get in power the put the most liberal ass mother fucker on there ever.

Addresses March for life.

Party currently contemplating repealing healthcare that allows cancer patients, etc, to live and is for blocking refugee children from escaping the hellscape our country had a hand in creating by starting a nonsense war.

Ok.
Don't you know, once you're out of the womb your life doesn't matter any more.

Yeah, white women, sorry.
I make mistakes like that all the time : )

And yet many white women voted for this.

I'm sure they are like some of the republican women who are so against it but have already had them. Like that one state senators wife who said she lives with the regret of that choice and that is why she wants to remove it from others. Something like that.

Tovarisc

I have never quite understood whole "Pro Life" movement in US. If you are pro life why you would fight against things like abortion and birth control that also can actually save lives in some cases?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Vice President Mike Pence told a crowd gathered Friday for the annual March for Life that ending taxpayer-funded abortion
It's infuriating to me that these idiots don't acknowledge the Hyde Amendment, but hey, that wouldn't get this voter bloc out.

I'd rather the $25 billion that's going to the fucking wall went to a fund to pay for abortions.

UberTag

If the republicans gut the filibuster to put some evil fucker on the bench, I hope when democrats inevitably get in power the put the most liberal ass mother fucker on there ever.
That's virtually assured. Essentially, they're going to play a game of chicken with the filibuster. Its fate is inextricably linked to Roe v Wade now. Both will stay or both will be gone.

RinsFury

Really pisses me off that even if we get rid of that orange shitstain currently residing in the White House, we still have this bigoted motherfucker to deal with.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'll never understand all the concern about Muslims when we've got so many Christians here already.

Blader

It's infuriating to me that these idiots don't acknowledge the Hyde Amendment, but hey, that wouldn't get this voter bloc out.

I'd rather the $25 billion that's going to the fucking wall went to a fund to pay for abortions.

Somebody asked Paul Ryan about that a few weeks ago, and his response was that Planned Parenthood can just move federal funds around to pay for abortion services anyway.

Of course, PP undergoes multiple audits a year to prove this isn't the case, but obviously the GOP's agenda is more than just about banning abortion.

trifelife

Each day is like we're walking back decades of progress. Men don't even deserve an opinion on reproductive rights. Rich, white extremist Christians especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom