• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In-N-Out Burgers not coming east. Steak N Shake still secretly the best.

Slacker

Yep we Texans figured out quick that In-n-out ain't shit. Lines out the ass when the first opened. Everyone tried it and now those places aren't anywhere near as crowded. Back to the dozen+ better options for a good burger.

I guess that Californian nostalgia can only spread so far.

Amen to that. Mooyah, Scotty Ps (north Dallas area), Whataburger, Culvers, Five Guys, Twisted Root, Shady's (local Richardson, TX joint), Burger Street, Kelly's (Plano), Braums, Fuddruckers, etc etc etc. I can't drive 10 feet without passing a decent burger joint.

Added bonus: At the burger joints above they also include taste with their french fries. Last time I had In-N-Out fries, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally ate the paper tray the fries came in, and didn't notice any difference.

I tried In n Out on my recent trip to California

Didn't see what the big deal was at all.

I mean, burger was not bad for what you pay, but doesn't even come close to 5 Guys or Shake Shack

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
east coast stay wanting to be the west. why your rap sucks now, your food sucks and your bridges.

G4fbXWd.jpg

Keep your Jesus Burgers, we don't want any.

Sweden also has a local hamburger chain. It's called Max. It fucking sucks. But people still go there out of some warped sense of patriotism. Guessing something similar is going on with California and In n Out

Amen to that. Mooyah, Scotty Ps (north Dallas area), Whataburger, Culvers, Five Guys, Twisted Root, Shady's (local Richardson, TX joint), Burger Street, Kelly's (Plano), Braums, Fuddruckers, etc etc etc. I can't drive 10 feet without passing a decent burger joint.

Added bonus: At the burger joints above they also include taste with their french fries. Last time I had In-N-Out fries, I wasn't paying attention and accidentally ate the paper tray the fries came in, and didn't notice any difference.
I put Rodeo Goat (Dallas Design District) above Twisted Root.

molnizzle

We have Five Guys, so yall can keep it

We have both in Dallas, and Five Guys is demonstrably worse for nearly twice the price.

In-N-Out cheeseburger "animal style" is perfection. Wife and I can both grab one with two fries and two drinks for like $12. Cheaper than McDonald's.

Kambing

I am on the west coast. In n Out sucks. The fries suck. The shakes suck. The burgers are okay. Protein style and it becomes tolerable. When i first moved to the bay i remember my friends hyping the joint like it was the second coming. Don't get it.

WaterAstro

I really don't understand the appeal. There are 4 classes of fast food burgers that I can think of:
1. Highest quality. Seasoned, uses normal quality beef and not mechanically separated cow scraps from heart tissue etc. These places tend to cost a bit more but that's why. $5 for a ~quarter pound burger. Example: Wendy's, Red Robin.
2. Marginally better than McDonalds territory. Whataburger, Burger King (barely), P Terry's, Five Guys (good beef, but they don't know how to season it). Cheaper beef, but not horrible.
3. McDonalds. Poor seasoning, shit tier beef. This is how they can make a profit selling prepared quarter pounds of beef for a couple of bucks.
4. Stuff that often will make you sick. 711 burgers, Krystal, White Castle.

I think In N Out is clearly in the #2 area.

Hahah fucking Wendy's as your top tier? Already can't take you seriously.

johnny956

I'm probably going to upset a lot of people, but yes Wendy's double is consistently better. In N Out tastes like McDonalds with lots of sauce and cheese.

From what I remember the last time I had 5 guys is it was just a hunk of meat without a lot of seasoning and lots of soggy fries soaked with peanut oil. I wouldn't be surprised if 5 guys uses better ingredients, but they don't know how to cook.

Wendy's burger taste like crap half the time I try them. Always makes me worried I"m going to get food poisoning.

We have both Shake Shack and Five Guys here in Cali and they're no competition.

Both of those are super pedestrian burgers. Went a couple times and never wanted to go back.

zelas

We have Five Guys and Shake Shack.

And Fatburger, Elevation Burger, Smashburger, Steak and Shake, Habit, Umami, BGR, Bobby's Place, Cheeburger Cheeburger, BurgerFI, etc etc etc. I think we'll be just fine. In N Out knows they missed their opportunity. They wouldnt be able to live up to the hype with all of the options here.

Mahonay

Banned
That's fine. I've had In-N-Out in San Francisco and it was completely average.

There are countless great burger joints here in NYC.

And Fatburger, Elevation Burger, Smashburger, Steak and Shake, Habit, Umami, BGR, Bobby's Place, Cheeburger Cheeburger, BurgerFI, etc etc etc. I think we'll be just fine. In N Out knows they missed their opportunity. They wouldnt be able to live up to the hype with all of the options here.

There's just as much competition on the West Coast and In-n-Out is still an institution out here. You never see an In-n-Out in L.A. without a huge line of cars in the drive-through. I won't say it's the best burger ever, but the cost-to-quality ratio is unmatched imho.

OnPoint

I had In N Out in like 2006. I remember liking it, but don't remember what it was like specifically.

When I travel to the West Coast again, maybe I'll have some then.

But I don't really need it over here. There's plenty of burger chains to go 'round.

Top Bottom