• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Praise of X3: Terran Conflict

dalin80

Banned
dionysus said:
Alright, I am a little daunted by all the options, maybe Frag or someone can help me out with these issues.

1) A list of must have scripts/mods. Also, the proper method of installing them. I am getting errors now from one of my scripts at game start up.

2) First fighter one should purchase and the major types of upgrades that are necessary (level of shielding, etc.) assuming the trader start.

3) First type of station one should purchase and how much capital one needs in the bank to pay for all the incidentals that will arrise in trying to place and get that station up and running. Necessary scripts for station management.

Any recommendations on detailed guides that could walk me through the first 25 hours or so of the game till I learn all the systems.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed, I guess it is because I normally don't play hardcore sim games.

I've totally got the hang of flying around in a trading vessel and selling shit though, so at least I have made some progress on my own.

I know this might be a bit redundant but have you tried the main forums-

heres the scripts and mod forum-

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewforum.php?f=94

have a look for cycrows plugin manager for the most reliable way of dealing with scripts.

big list-o-guides-

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=162408

The trader start? If memory serves thats a argon start with a mercury freighter and a discovery...

I would sell the disco and use it to upgrade speed on the mercury, trade with the mercury until you get high enough rank and funds for a Elite, use the elite to cap pirate ships to sell then upgrade to a nova vanguard. With a fighter you always want max speed and shields, the steering is fairly nimble with them from stock so dont spend any more then what feels right on that, you dont need to fill the steering gauge that can make some of the light fighters too twitchy.

Weapons (il cover just a few of the main fighter weapons)-,

HEPT, are powerful but slow and thirsty will drain energy quickly.

Impulse Ray Emitter, pew pew pew, very fast firing and very energy efficient, good only for sticking into a turret for missile defence as they are as powerful as a especially nasty hamster.

PRG, average range, excellent speed and rate of fire, awesome for swatting light fighters out of the sky, a 50/50 mixed load out with hepts is a powerful array even if it will quickly drain your energy reserves.

PAC, Do greater damage against shields then hull, slightly weaker overall then hept but are less thirty and many consider them more useful for capping enemy ships., slightly shorter range the hpet as well so if you have a mixed load out and fire both together there is a chance that the pac will dissipate before hitting target.

I wouldnt worry too much about the other upgrades for the freighter other then speed to begin with a paranid docking computer is a, time saving god send and a jumpdrive in case you see something nasty heading your way.

Theres little point in buying shields or weapons for it as enemy ships will butt rape you regardless, jumping away is a traders best defence. Once you are settled into a decent fighter then your freighter will need at least a 25mj shield and some of the fight command / trade command softwares before being a able to use a trade command mk 3 to be set as a automatic trader.

For a first start you shouldn't really be onto the scripts just yet the game is complex enough and most scripts are there for added challenge or options. If your computer is powerful enough set seta to 10x to make the initial trade runs go by just that bit quicker.

Oh and finally-

http://eng.x3tc.ru/

all the stats you will ever need.

http://grangegame.co.uk/x3tcocc.html

a complex calculator for when you eventually getting into station building (will be a long time off yet)

http://eng.x3tc.ru/x3_tc_map/

a sector map showing a overall guide to the busy sectors.

And one word of advice, if a red ship ever starts firing what looks like flame throwers, run the fuck away, its a plasma burst generator and can grandly fuck up your brand new corvettes hefty shields in seconds, a little freighter or fighter is just passing crispy bacon.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'll second the lack of need for scripts or mods at the beginning.

Kit out your freighter and familarise yourself with trading routes. When you've got some money in the bank, buy yourself a fighter and automatic your freighter to trade for you while you hunt pirates.

Also, there are a few ships out in some sectors free floating, if you find them, you can keep em. Look for a few close by and either sell em or kit them out, add them to your wing if they are fighters or whatever or set them to auto trade.

When you have around 10-15million credits, you might be ready for a station. You don't even need scripts for stations either, they automate themselves nicely.

In the instruction manual, there a trading guide for newbie traders that will set you up for a dozen runs, safely, that will get your some good starting credits, try it out.

dionysus

Yaldog
Thanks, I made a ton of mistakes in my first game so I am going to start over with a clean install to get rid of my scripts , most of which I am probably 50 hours away from being rich enough to even use.

dalin80

Banned
dionysus said:
Thanks, I made a ton of mistakes in my first game so I am going to start over with a clean install to get rid of my scripts , most of which I am probably 50 hours away from being rich enough to even use.

not a bad idea, i did the same thing when i started x3, took me 20 mins to get back where i was after 5 hours in my first run and everything felt much more natural.

tip 2, if you see a patrol group fly off somewere it may be worth following them, even a small battle can leave millions of credits worth of weapons floating in space to pick up and sell on.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
dalin80 said:
tip 2, if you see a patrol group fly off somewere it may be worth following them, even a small battle can leave millions of credits worth of weapons floating in space to pick up and sell on.

This. There's always money to be made in the debris cloud after battles, there's always a few dozen types of missles etc.

dionysus

Yaldog
After many many hours of playing. I now have an Elite (with 4 lazers and 15MJ worth of shields) and 2 mercurys autotrading.

This game is awesome but by far the most complex game I have ever played.

So recently the Paranids attacked Home of Light and destroyed every station there including the Terracorp HQ. That seems like a big deal to me. Does this stuff ever come back? Is there a Terracorp storyline that is now closed off?

KongRudi

Banned
dionysus said:
This game is awesome but by far the most complex game I have ever played.

So recently the Paranids attacked Home of Light and destroyed every station there including the Terracorp HQ. That seems like a big deal to me. Does this stuff ever come back? Is there a Terracorp storyline that is now closed off?

It's pretty impressive by the Paranids in your game, but all stations will be rebuilt after a while, unless you're running some sector-war scripts, to change ownership of the sectors.. :)
So you can probably do the missions for Terracorp or continue them if you've allready started as soon as the station is rebuilt.

Don't know what would happen if you allready had accepted a mission from them, and your Terracorp HQ contact were killed.
I assume the mission would probably fail automatically, or you will perhaps need to drop the mission.

I allmost lost my 250 hours gamesave, during my last computer-crash, but I managed to make a backup of it. :)

basis

i did a quick scan of the egosoft forums and read issues with Win7 :(

does that mean if i wanted to play this, i need an older version of Win OS?

and is there any recommended guide for a complete noob to the game? (admit i had the game on cold storage for the better part of ... several years, thought i'd break it open and try it for a spin on my new rig)

KongRudi

Banned
basis said:
and is there any recommended guide for a complete noob to the game? (admit i had the game on cold storage for the better part of ... several years, thought i'd break it open and try it for a spin on my new rig)

It's been a few months since I played it last, however can make a quick guide for a noob-start in X3, if I remember correct:

- Set aside 5-6 hours, it will take while to learn.
- Terran-defender campaign, is a good start for a noob.
- Terrans will provide you with decent fighters pretty quick - during the campaign, so you'll have few problems staying alive. :)

The downside with terrans, is that they've got large horrible star-sectors, and sometimes it take a while to dock at their large space-stations.
They're terrified for everything alien, all their ships only use Terran weapon-systems, and it's hard to earn money on trading.

They have very large military-fleet presence in all their systems tough, so if any pirates or alien show up, they don't last long.

Once you start you'll be hailed by a ship called 'Flight school' or something like that, he will give you a few missions, and explain some very basic ship-controls, and similar.

Remember that you can allways dock into stations even in that tutorial, and then the game will autosave, it will alternate between 3 autosave-points, so if you don't use a regular savepoint it will overwrite your current savegame, when you dock in 3 more space-stations.

You can also save your game for free at any space-station.
If you want to save in outer space, you'll first need to dock at a trading-station, and buy Salvage insurances. You can use those to save in outer space. As long as there isn't any hostiles nearby.

The most important keys on your keyboard, beside ship-controls are:
[,] = Universe map
[.] = Sector map (Maybe the sector/universe maps were at the opposite key)
[j] = Activate SETI drive (Accelerates time, you can adjust how much timeaccelration in options, flying in realtime can be slow)
[r] = property screen
[Shift] + [A] = Autopilot
[Shift] + [C] = Com targeted ship or station

Whenever you feel that you got the basics, take your Terran fighter, and leave Terran space.
East and south, check the universe or sector map who owns this system, do a few missions, and/or trade some, to get a cash reserve.
It pays better to do this outside of Terran space.

It will take some experimentation and probably take 6/7 hours to get more comfortable with all your options, but as soon as you do, you have months of gameplay ahead of you if you wish, when you build your space-empire up. :)
You won't come across a step-by-step guide because you're pretty free in what way you want to play.

dionysus

Yaldog
2 freighters, 3 super freighters, 2 stations (first one a complete waste of money), and 1 tricked out M3 fighter, 57 hours into the game. Still got a long way to go. I am currently saving up for a corvette.

My stations don't seem to make me as much money as my freighters do, one of them earns money at a really anemic pace. This is mostly because people aren't buying the finished goods. Will commercial agent help with this?

Do my ships receive product for free from my stations? It appears that this is the case and it makes it really difficult to keep track of how profitable my various economic experiments are.

Damn this thread. I've been neglecting X3: TC for almost a year now. And to think I only ever made it to the third or fourth story mission. It's time to get back in.

KongRudi

Banned
dionysus said:
2 freighters, 3 super freighters, 2 stations (first one a complete waste of money), and 1 tricked out M3 fighter, 57 hours into the game. Still got a long way to go. I am currently saving up for a corvette.

My stations don't seem to make me as much money as my freighters do, one of them earns money at a really anemic pace. This is mostly because people aren't buying the finished goods. Will commercial agent help with this?

Do my ships receive product for free from my stations? It appears that this is the case and it makes it really difficult to keep track of how profitable my various economic experiments are.

I'm not sure if this is helpfull, but here go:

Your freighter ships don't usually shop for free at your spacestation, however you're just transfering funds from your own personal bank account to your station's bak account, so you can transfer the money back to your personal acount afterward, you won't loose any money, just transfer the funds from one account to another. :-/

However, if you have assigned your freighter's home-base as your station, that station can use it's freighters to buy and sell wares automatically, and all that cash only is in your stations account until you transfer it over to your personal account. :)

So, if you have a 'ore factory' and want it to sell ore automatically, you tell that station's freighter/s to 'sell ware for best price'.

Then the freighter will check and see what his homebase produces, and he will ask if you want to sell ore for best price.

If you do that, the freighter will then return home, and dock at his homebase (a ore factory in this example), he will then sit in the factory, and hog all the ore the factory produce, until the freighter is full.

It will then sell all the ore at the station wich pays best for it, and when it's empty it returns home and repeat the process.

However, it's important that you have change the ore-factory's 'station parameters'.
Standard maximum amount of jumps is set at 9, you'll most likely need to lower this.

9 jumps is far away, and it will go slow if you're going to sell at the station farthest away.
And most importantly, if you're close to a pirate-sector, your freighter won't go on a heroic mission in the pirate sector, 7 jumps away, and attempt to deliver ore to the weapon-factory there, even tough they're paying maximum price for it. :p

dionysus

Yaldog
Thanks, I had no idea what Sell for Best Price did. I have all my freighters set to use their jumpdrives and keep a healthy stock of energy cells, so this should make the distance not really a factor right?

KongRudi

Banned
dionysus said:
Thanks, I had no idea what Sell for Best Price did. I have all my freighters set to use their jumpdrives and keep a healthy stock of energy cells, so this should make the distance not really a factor right?

Dunno, I don't let my stations transport-ships, run around with jumpdrives, jumpdrives are too expansive and annoying to loose, and I usually get paid enough for close stations. :) But it dosn't hurt I guess..

I have jumpdrives in a few personal super-freighters, and transporters wich I use for missions, and some of my automated sector and universe-traders.
Install Trading Extension MKIII in freighters to make those types of ships, they earn good money in the right places.

I also have jumpdrives in alot of my speedy Kestrels, I allways keep one of them parked close to Terran territory, just incase you're going to operate in those sectors.

And I also keep a few jumpdrives in the ships parked inside my commandship (usually a Teladi Shrike), aswell as in my station-carriers, so I can place stations without waiting for my carriers to crawl halfway across the univers.

I've found it's allways good to have some kestrels along with jumpdrive installed wherever you go, ready to transfer over to eventual bounty-ships wich you want to send to shipyards quickly. While the Kestrel speeds along back to the Shipyard, to transfer the Jumpdrive back, to wherever I'm flying around.

I got pretty good race-relations, due to lot's of mission doing, so I often get really well paid missions.

A strategy on 'return ship-missions'..

Sometimes you might be greedy and want to keep some salvaged ships instead of returning them to mission-dude for a small reward.
If you don't return the ship in time, your mission will fail, you'll loose some percentage from his race in race-relations, and the shipowner will call the police saying you stole it as soon as the timer goes out.

The police will conscript some pilots, and put together a brand new fleet/task force, only out to destroy your stolen ship.
If the ship you steal, is really big (like costing 30+ millions), the police task force coming to crush you and your new stolen ship tend to be really big aswell..

It's hard to fight with a derelict, the Police TF jumps into the system you are in, however if you can get some distance between you and it , it will follow. If you're lucky, it will encounter other hostiles enroute to you. Police won't send out more TF's than one.

garath

Going to bump this. X3:TC is on sale on Steam right now for $10 and I'm pulling the trigger. This thread has been a big inspiration in taking the plunge. I love the old Privateer and Freespace type games and this seems like a big slow version of it.

Can't wait to give it a shot (once I can find 5-6 hours to sit down with the game lol).

garath

Heidalloon said:
I bought it but I'm lost. Does anyone know of any guides to help me get started?

I just found this guide on the official forums. It looks pretty complete for a newbie. I'll be reading it through myself. I downloaded the game last night but haven't had a chance to fire it up yet.

edit: Another good guide. It's "in-character" but has some good info.

Nickiepoo

Freaking loved X, but skipped over X2 and didn't bite on X3 due to reports of bugginess and lack of polish.

However, it looks like it might be time to get involved.

garath

Jumped in last night. Very daunting to get started. Kinda just throws you in there. Reminded me a LOT of early EVE online beta.

However, I started to warm up to it as time went on and I am very excited to play more.

The only thing that truly stumped me was why I couldn't shoot my laser lol. I started Humble Merchant, sold off the discovery and outfitted my Mercury with a basic laser (the peashooter kind). I equipped it and set it to group 1 but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to shoot lol.

Checked the mappings and tried all 3 keys (joystick trigger, CTRL, right CTRL) and none of them fired. Am I missing something?

KongRudi

Banned
garath said:
Jumped in last night. Very daunting to get started. Kinda just throws you in there. Reminded me a LOT of early EVE online beta.

However, I started to warm up to it as time went on and I am very excited to play more.

The only thing that truly stumped me was why I couldn't shoot my laser lol. I started Humble Merchant, sold off the discovery and outfitted my Mercury with a basic laser (the peashooter kind). I equipped it and set it to group 1 but no matter what I did I couldn't get it to shoot lol.

Checked the mappings and tried all 3 keys (joystick trigger, CTRL, right CTRL) and none of them fired. Am I missing something?

Well, your problem is that the Argon Mercury is a transport-ship, usually used for trading, able to hold XL cargo, and not a fighter.
It dosn't got laser bays - wich you can fire from the cockpit with CTRL or right mousebutton, like the smaller fighters and some of the bigger ships do.

It only got a turret, wich is where you have installed your laser.
You can leave the cockpit, and enter the turret manually, or change viewpoint to outside the ship and shoot from there, if I recall correct it is either F1-F12, or one of the numerical keys above 4 used to do that. Then you can fire like normally with CTRL or Right mousebutton.

I usually ignore my turrets, I let my turrets work automatically and set them to 'protect ship' or 'attack my target' from the ships command console (Shift-C), and concentrate on steering the ship.
However in order to do this, you must have installed Fight Command MK2 in your ship, wich is available in any equipment dock. :)

garath

I am going to bump this one last time. The last few years I have had a very short attention span for games. I don't have the time to play that I used to with a wife and a kid and usually I will play a game for a few hours here, few hours there and get bored of it.

X3 is a game that I just keep playing. I find an hour here, an hour there. Time I didn't think I had. I've put maybe 20+ hours into it so far and I just keep on chugging.

It is daunting to get started. The learning curve is pretty high. However, the fan base is very very good and there are some incredible resources out there for learning about the game. If you take the time to get to know how the game works, it turns into the most rewarding space sim I've played.. ever? I have wonderful flashbacks of Privateer and Wing Commander but with a depth that I didn't see in either of those games.

The trading is top notch, I now have 5 dedicated traders just moving around the universe buying and selling and making me money.

The fighting is great, I've been graduating up classes of ships. I just bought my first corvette after flying only smaller class fighters and it's a blast.

Piracy is an acceptable lifestyle. You can train marines and set up boarding parties to cap ships. Tear down their shields and launch your trained marines to take over the ship. Some of the best ships can only be found wandering around space for you to take down.

Station building is something I haven't delved into yet but you can essentially control sectors with a built from the ground economy. Build your own stations and connect them to create self-sustaining complexes. Produce your own missles and ammo to fight your personal wars.

Plot - there is one. Many in fact. Major races have a plotline that you can embark on. I just finished the Terran. The stories are neat and the challenges are there. So are bugs unfortunately but that's why you save often and use all the slots.

Basically this is THE space sim I've been missing since Privateer and even Freelancer. I've been rushing home lately to get an hour in before the wife gets home. I even went digging through box after box to find my old Saitek Cyborg gold joystick. Really it plays best with a joystick (maybe a gamepad too but I went straight to the joystick). I just can't put it down.

dionysus

Yaldog
I've been back in this game hardcore. Finished the terran campaign, the Vidar is a beastly corvette. Also built the Goner temple.

Since I have gotten back in it I have been progressing and needing guides as I keep upgrading into gameplay I haven't experienced before. For example I just bought a TL carrier and that was a whole new set of quirks and commands.

So to make it easier for others. Here is a comprehensive list of guides.

And my personal favorite with tons of information on every subject.

http://apricotmappingservice.com/x3handbook.html

I bought a TL because construction missions award 7 million plus, however it is a freaking pain because you have to use fighters to resupply your TL with energy and I haven't figured out yet how to get the supply software upgrade to do it automatically.

Edit. Is the developer talking about an X4 yet?

Dennis

Banned
dionysus said:
Since I have gotten back in it I have been progressing and needing guides as I keep upgrading into gameplay I haven't experienced before. For example I just bought a TL carrier and that was a whole new set of quirks and commands.

So to make it easier for others. Here is a comprehensive list of guides.

And my personal favorite with tons of information on every subject.

http://apricotmappingservice.com/x3handbook.html
Nice, thanks.

dionysus

Yaldog
Dani said:
Apparently there won't be an X4 although the developer is working on something new. Hmm.

Well I just hope they keep the complexity of X3, even though it could be more user friendly.

Been thinking of buying this. Have cleared my backlog now, so perhaps a massive game like this would be fun. Its this, Dwarf Fortress or Minecraft.

I would like to see some unedited gameplay footage, but every single one i find is destroyed with custom music.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
CecilRousso said:
Been thinking of buying this. Have cleared my backlog now, so perhaps a massive game like this would be fun. Its this, Dwarf Fortress or Minecraft.

I would like to see some unedited gameplay footage, but every single one i find is destroyed with custom music.

Enjoy.

moojito

New steam sale, new bump! This is an awesome thread by Fragamemnon, particularly the later day-descriptions. Lots of good links to guides and whatnot too, so people jumping on board the x3tc train for the first time can still get something from it.

Orgun

moojito said:
New steam sale, new bump! This is an awesome thread by Fragamemnon, particularly the later day-descriptions. Lots of good links to guides and whatnot too, so people jumping on board the x3tc train for the first time can still get something from it.

Oh wow, i'd only ever played the original X games up to X3. X3:TC is sooo much more "easier" to use. The menu's are like a billion times better. Gonna have to get stuck in this weekend.

Any good mods I should grab?

moojito

Orgun said:
Oh wow, i'd only ever played the original X games up to X3. X3:TC is sooo much more "easier" to use. The menu's are like a billion times better. Gonna have to get stuck in this weekend.

Any good mods I should grab?

I just installed the Economy and Supply Trader (EST) one and it seems awesome so far. I deliberately held off a while before installing it though as it makes trading just a fire and forget thing. You just send your trader on its way and money starts coming in.

I started off with my humble trader and did manual trading 'til I could afford a second ship, then I did more trading while manually controlling the 2nd one. When I could afford a third ship then I installed the EST. I feel like I did a good shift as manual trader and earned the right to slack off doing other things while the traders carry on themselves!

Billen

Banned
What I think people need is a good collection of "how to get started" and "needed scripts" added to the op for this thread to really take off.

Edit: Maybe it wont happen in the op. :D

Orgun

Orgun said:
These are great! Thanks

I can't stress how huge a help these videos have been!

It used to be that, being an Elite fan, I loved the idea and scope of the X games but it was just so impenetrable. I would load up the game now and again, flail about without any real success for a few hours and then shut it down for another year.

Thanks to those videos I have now played for 13 hours +, finally have over 1 million in my bank account with 3 Mercurys, 1 Mercury Super Freighter and 1 Dolphin running remote trading. Going to drop down my first ever space station this evening :D

One tip I could do with, is the location of a cheap fast ship that I can buy for use in scouting and exploration?

Walshicus

Does anyone have just a really simple list of all the mods and such that I should install? I'm on Steam if that changes anything.

moojito

Orgun said:
One tip I could do with, is the location of a cheap fast ship that I can buy for use in scouting and exploration?

I kept checking out the missions in sectors with the cent sign - one guy there offered me a buster raider which is making a fair scouting ship.

Sir Fragula said:
Does anyone have just a really simple list of all the mods and such that I should install? I'm on Steam if that changes anything.

There's one on page 2 of this very thread!
In before 100 posts per page master race, etc

Orgun

moojito said:
I kept checking out the missions in sectors with the cent sign - one guy there offered me a buster raider which is making a fair scouting ship.

There's one on page 2 of this very thread!
In before 100 posts per page master race, etc
I kept getting haulers from those guys. Ended up buying a Discoverer for cheap.

Is it bad that I now hear the new message noise even when I'm not playing? :) Nearly 2mil in the bank, time to setup some sector traders soon methinks

moojito

It would make a good phone message sound, for sure. I wonder how many people would recognise it.

If you're considering going for a sector trader it might be worth looking into that trading addon. Apparently the sector and universe traders aren't very clever and the addon pretty much does the same job, better.

I currently have 3 traders zipping about the place, one scout ship for mapping new sectors and I have this other ship that can carry passengers, so I'm going to take up some of those freight and passenger missions I had to keep passing on when I was in my tiny scout. Some of them pay good money!

I dont really understand all the mechanics of this game but i love to fly around, check out the ships and take pictures of them.

4753517718_c33900bdc0_b.jpg

4752891339_85b5e68f5b_b.jpg

Orgun

zephervack said:
I dont really understand all the mechanics of this game but i love to fly around, check out the ships and take pictures of them.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4082/4753517718_c33900bdc0_b.jpg[/IMG]

]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4752891339_85b5e68f5b_b.jpg[/IMG]
Great pics :)

This guys got some skills http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2dui2CuRyI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

moojito said:
It would make a good phone message sound, for sure. I wonder how many people would recognise it.

If you're considering going for a sector trader it might be worth looking into that trading addon. Apparently the sector and universe traders aren't very clever and the addon pretty much does the same job, better.

I currently have 3 traders zipping about the place, one scout ship for mapping new sectors and I have this other ship that can carry passengers, so I'm going to take up some of those freight and passenger missions I had to keep passing on when I was in my tiny scout. Some of them pay good money!

I downloaded the EST mod for trading ships but i'm not actually sure what it does heh

Orgun

Hah, I had to go out for a couple hours so I just left SETA on with my 7 EST traders going - came back to 10mil

I also now have my own personal escort ships :)

Orgun

Well, I finally caught the Supply Mammoth when it wasnt busy and was able to use it to setup a station complex :) It's not pretty lol I put the second station down the wrong way around :D

I was dead set on making closed loop stations so I eventually had to download a mod to wrap the entire station in a cube with just an external docking array so that the geometry wouldn't destroy my framerate whenever it was in view.

Once you start being able to afford your own factories, additional layers of the game start coming up. You can start to afford your own war fleet, which means that you need to built munition factories to supply that fleet and have resupply, upgrade, and repair facilities for that fleet on hand as well. That means more $$$, which means you need to build more factories to meet some unmet demand in the galaxy, which involves more data mining of regional economies, etc etc etc.

This can all go on pretty much without end. That's the joy of the game-there's always a new goal to set for yourself.

moojito

That's some nice work, there. I've been busy at work, so have been neglecting my space empire :<

The last time I played I had just kitted out this toucan hauler with a jump drive and whatnot then just as I started doing some passenger missions I was offered a [insert fishy sounding ship name] that was the same class of passenger ship, but with more weapon slots and faster. I'm not sure which one to go for.

I'll definitely need to try out that leaving seta on thing. I'm a bit wary of it though, as the last time I left it on for a while some guy crashed his ship right into mine. I was parked right in front of a station, though.

Orgun

moojito said:
That's some nice work, there. I've been busy at work, so have been neglecting my space empire :<

The last time I played I had just kitted out this toucan hauler with a jump drive and whatnot then just as I started doing some passenger missions I was offered a [insert fishy sounding ship name] that was the same class of passenger ship, but with more weapon slots and faster. I'm not sure which one to go for.

I'll definitely need to try out that leaving seta on thing. I'm a bit wary of it though, as the last time I left it on for a while some guy crashed his ship right into mine. I was parked right in front of a station, though.
Haha yeah you have to fly away from the stations, I put the nearest station about 100km away :)

I was flying into a trade station yesterday and could hear all these explosions as I was docking, didn't think anything of it until I undocked and I was missing 3 of my escort ships. I'd forgotten to turn off follow me - woops :)

MNC

Started the game myself after the steam sale. Slowly getting the hang of it, it's great. Awesome atmopshere (no pun intended) and is a great space sim. EVE offline, basically.

Top Bottom