• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inaba spotted at Valve (Platinum Games conspiracy?)

ampere

sgLd8.jpg

Great minds and all that. :p

Is that your pillow

Amazing

Teknoman

I'm friends with some people at Valve. We went to learn more about them and how they do things. It was really insightful.

A couple of days later we met with Gabe to thank him for the company's hospitality.

Developers are friends with each other and respect each other's work. News at 11.

So then Max Anarchy PC version, gotcha.

Darklord

Banned
This is why Nvidia says next generation will be the last. Valve will consume all consoles and a 1000 years of amazing gaming will begin.

There is no way in hell this will actually mean a Half-Life 3 exclusive for the Wii U.
At best, I could see a Half-Life 3 console exclusive (and maybe even just a timed one) for the Wii U.

kitsuneyo

Platinum Games on Steam is the most likely outcome. Don't see how Nintendo is involved.

P* is probably up to something with Valve, because Kamiya has been playing dumb lately about who Gabe even is. He pretended not to know anything about the Sept 13th Nintendo announcements just before Bayo2 was announced.

Seems to be a tell with PG_kamiya that when he's asked about something and responds with a smile or pretends to know nothing, there's something there that he's not allowed to say.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
There is no way in hell this will actually mean a Half-Life 3 exclusive for the Wii U.
At best, I could see a Half-Life 3 console exclusive (and maybe even just a timed one) for the Wii U.

I'm just wondering how someone could possibly think this is Half Life 3 related.

It's like. "HEY GUYS. BAYO 2 IS EXCLUSIVE TO WII U, SO IF INABA VISITS VALVE, THAT MEANS VALVE HAS TO MAKE A WII U EXCLUSIVE TOO."

Alienups

According to that other thread they create the basic framework of their games on pc so it shouldn't be too hard come up with a decent pc port.

But i'm keeping my hopes down.

Mechazawa

I'm just wondering how someone could possibly think this is Half Life 3 related.

It's like. "HEY GUYS. BAYO 2 IS EXCLUSIVE TO WII U, SO IF INABA VISITS VALVE, THAT MEANS VALVE HAS TO MAKE A WII U EXCLUSIVE TOO."

Platinum wants to visit the Naughty Dog offices too.

If this doesn't mean Last of Us 2 is Wii U exclusive, I don't want to live in this crazy world you're inhabiting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Nobody actually believes this is related to Half-Life 3.

I'm friends with some people at Valve. We went to learn more about them and how they do things. It was really insightful.

A couple of days later we met with Gabe to thank him for the company's hospitality.

Developers are friends with each other and respect each other's work. News at 11.

I know this is innocent but damn, I would love a platinum greatest hits on steam one day and I'm not even a PC gamer.

Saty

Valve to buy Platinum; Renamed Valve Sunrise; to work on games and help the relationships between Valve\Steam and Japanese developers\publishers.

ArjanN

I think the point you should take from this thread is that people want there to be more to it.

I would buy everything Platinum releases on PC.

Oh dear god. A PlatinumGames+Valve collaboration would be fucking intense. Honestly, I don't think the world would be ready for it. Yes, I'm 99% sure the Earth would fucking EXPLODE if something like that happened.

Half-Life 3, let platinum do it
And let Valve write the story. Yes, that may just well be the greatest game ever made.

legacyzero

Banned
Gimme Rising, Vanquish, and Bayonetta on PC. That would be awesome.

ESPECIALLY Rising.

I don't think people realize how common this kind of thing is. Kojima visited Naughty Dog recently but no one really freaked out about that.
Naughty Dog is not Valve.

Spookie

I guess this is the outcome of Valve speaking to Japanese developers earlier in the month trying to get their games on Steam then?

Half-Life 3 in development by Platinum Games.

Valve pulled a Kojima after the title languished in development hell. After this long, there's just no other way HL3 is coming out without them.

Top Bottom