• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inaba spotted at Valve (Platinum Games conspiracy?)

CronoShot

I'm confused. What does Nintendo even have to do with this? It's not like they own Platinum.

sTjWs.jpg

dani_dc

Platinum Games on Steam is the most likely outcome. Don't see how Nintendo is involved.

P* is probably up to something with Valve, because Kamiya has been playing dumb lately about who Gabe even is. He pretended not to know anything about the Sept 13th Nintendo announcements just before Bayo2 was announced.

Seems to be a tell with PG_kamiya that when he's asked about something and responds with a smile or pretends to know nothing, there's something there that he's not allowed to say.

So what you're saying is... Kamiya is developing a dreamcast game?!

ArjanN

Revengeance on Steam would be DELICIOUS.

I think there's probably a decent chance of it getting porting some time after the console releases. Konami said they would consider it and they're also doing a PC verison of Lords of Shadow 2

Vanquish or Bayonetta are much less likely. even though they would probably be (relatively) easy money. One thing that might make it more likely is Sega's new strategy of porting/re-releasing any and every game they ever made. :p

Ceebs

I think there's probably a decent chance of it getting porting some time after the console releases. Konami said they would consider it and they're also doing a PC verison of Lords of Shadow 2

Vanquish or Bayonetta are much less likely. even though they would probably be (relatively) easy money. One thing that might make it more likely is Sega's new strategy of porting/re-releasing any and every game they ever made. :p

Sega would probably go for it since they make a good bit of money on PC these days. (Their two biggest non Sonic franchises are PC exclusive)

I would say the problem would be convincing anyone that something like vanquish would not bomb yet again.

Platinum's engine is PC based, then they port to PS3/360/Wii U, sort of like Capcom's MT Framework. There's already PC ports of their HD games in a sense.

I doubt any Sega releases though. Bayonetta 1 is probably not happening with the Nintendo deal, Vanquish megabombed and Sega seems hellbent on sending Max Anarchy down the same path. Nintendo's stuff (W101, Bayo 2) obviously won't be ported, which just leaves Konami and MGR as a real possibility.

The Adder

Banned
This would be the apocalypse for so many folks. It will never happen, but if it did...

It's actually pretty old, but it's still surprising at future stuff!

I don't understand why it confuses me every time you change avatars, it's all the same general content.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
As people have already mentioned, Inaba was probably just in town for PAX and ended up getting invited to visit Valve while he was there.

I would absolutely love for Platinum to put their games on Steam, but with companies like Nintendo and Sega owning the publishing rights to their games, I don't see it happening.

Persona7

Banned
I can see Sega dropping Bayonetta and Vanquish on steam.

It's not like Nintendo owns Bayonetta, seeing as how Sega is involved with that project.

dani_dc

I can see Sega dropping Bayonetta and Vanquish on steam.

It's not like Nintendo owns Bayonetta, seeing as how Sega is involved with that project.

It all depends of the terms of the contract Nintendo did with Sega, they might have partially adquired the IP like they did with Fatal Frame (even though Tecmo is still the one developing the games), which could make the scenario of Bayonetta PC an impossibility.

Personally I'm still holding hope of a PC port as I would love to replay the game with all the advantages of the platform.

Sentenza

I don't want to bump the thread I linked in this reply...
Anyway, yes, that picture was old news, it was posted in this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490396

...cause it's old and some mod would probably eat my heart, but I just crossed this video about the TGS on GameSpot, so I thought this other thread would be an adequate sobstitute to post it:

http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2012/video.html?sid=6397025

It's quite interesting how they claim that despise being still a minority, PC gamers are apparently growing in number in Japan.
Also, apparently PC hardware manufacturers are trying to raise their investment in Japan, so it goes both sides.

Maybe the trend for an increasing support to PC games from Japanese companies that we are seeing these days will actually continue over the next months/years, after all.

Top Bottom