• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inafune is Ready: Mighty No. 9 won't be delayed anymore, planning to make a sequel

Lol he has some audacity for announcing a sequel to a game thats not even out yet. Man MM9 has just been one crazy turn after another.

I feel really shitty for fueling this crazy train. I only can take so many burns before crowdfunding becomes something I'm never part of again.

I wonder how people are gonna react if Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained KS lays down the same brand of bullshittery.

Fury451

Banned
It should have been entirely expected, this is exactly how he acted with Megaman when he was at Capcom.

I suppose I could see that in hindsight now. Truth be told I wasn't that familiar with how he was until this project started to go a little bit sideways. That's when some of the background started to make more sense as I discovered it.

Personally, it's sad that these kind of situations discourage people from crowdfunding things though. There's been some absolutely great things that have come from crowdfunding so far, but I definitely would understand not wanting to back anything again after a high-profile thing like this. Even if the game turns out to be pretty good.

Crocodile

Lol he has some audacity for announcing a sequel to a game thats not even out yet. Man MM9 has just been one crazy turn after another.

Except he didn't announce a sequel. The answer he gave is the most standard, dev speak sort answer you'll ever see.

There's pretty much no news here. People are just venting for the sake of venting.

jholmes

As much as I hate the way this campaign went and think people are entitled to badmouth Inafune and as much as I would never, ever crowdfund anything involving Comcept again, I've played the demo and you know what, the game will be fun. Probably not a required play but definitely delivering on the promise.

Just think that needs to be said. Separate the artist from the art (or the business from the businessman, as it were).

Except he didn't announce a sequel. The answer he gave is the most standard, dev speak sort answer you'll ever see.

There's pretty much no news here. People are just venting for the sake of venting.

They're not far off the mark with all the kick starters he started before release of the game. I don't blame folks for being critical of the guy.

akira28

Goddamn are y'all salty.

lol did Inafune kill your folks or something?

he smacked them right in the expectations with the demo, and when he started getting a little shaky with the money, they never forgave him. Games are delayed all the time but people want to rake him over the barnacles and they'll do it.

Beartruck

Do you guys absolutely have to clog up every thread about this game with the same tired old shit every time?

Let's be real. in all likelyhood the game will come out and be a decent Mega Man-like game and 90% of the internet drama will look pretty darn stupid in hindsight.

I agree 100%. This campaign has some obvious missteps, but from what I played of the demo, the game was serviceable. Definitely a disappointment, but he asked for money to make a megaman game, people payed him, and he made a megaman game. As far as kickstarters go, this could've gone WAY worse.

koutoru

I don't see anything wrong with the quotes in the OP, given that there are actually no more delays.

The thread title is a little misleading though.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Do you guys absolutely have to clog up every thread about this game with the same tired old shit every time?

Let's be real. in all likelyhood the game will come out and be a decent Mega Man-like game and 90% of the internet drama will look pretty darn stupid in hindsight.

We wouldn't need to if they didn't pull the same tired old shit every time.

Communication is still unacceptably bad, I mean I haven't gotten my "peace offering" mighty gunvolt code like some other people and we most likely won't get it either.

You know if they wouldn't continue to be this inept at communicating with their backers maybe the tune would change.

BONKERS

What launching on nearly 10 platforms at once ends up causing problems? No shit.

But all the idiots out there who don't understand development (And first time crowdfunding from people who have never done it before. Mistakes will happen) would lead you to believe otherwise. (Not to mention with only a budget of a few million dollars. What do you think games cost to make people? A few thousand dollars?)

Inafune is the lying cheating devil out to take your money and run. End of days!

Seriously, you guys are a bunch of butthurt twats acting like someone stole your baby.
This is obviously the worst aspect of crowdfunding, you have all these ignorant entitled morons running amok.
Oh i'm sorry a piece of Concept Art made you think the game would look like a piece of art. SO sad for you.

OH, you are mad because they are trying to do other projects while the last one is in it's final QA phase for a huge number of platforms at once?
Who the fuck do you think you are? Do you know how development works? If it was up to you, their business would be run like EA and Activision. Projects done, what do we do now? Oh I know close the studio! Not smartly have more projects lined up to keep people employed and keep the wheels rolling. No, smart management is dumb!
http://kotaku.com/10-big-myths-about-games-debunked-by-the-people-who-ma-1737839268

I'm glad they will make more of this, I LOVED the demo and I am eagerly awaiting the game.
It's Mega Man, just like I wanted, but with some new mechanics that I am really enjoying.
The music is stellar too.

I hope it sells well like it deserves to, it's a solid, well balanced and polished game so far.
Otherwise you people will be continuing to just keep proving Crapcom in their infinite wisdom has been right all along.

BlitzKeeg

justkeepsdigging.gif

I really hope the game is good enough to make up for the horrid PR.

Just wait for the damn game to come out before announcing new things. It's simple.

vid

Cool. If the rest of the game is as solid as the demo (with the exception of some segments in No. 3's level that I think are incredibly poorly designed compared to the rest) I'll be pretty hyped for Mighty No. 9-II.

Obduction is having the same sort of gross backlash from people who don't understand that things don't get delayed just to spite them. Pretty disappointing, given how fantastic Cyan's output has always been.

Foffy

Banned
I feel really shitty for fueling this crazy train. I only can take so many burns before crowdfunding becomes something I'm never part of again.

I wonder how people are gonna react if Koji Igarashi's Bloodstained KS lays down the same brand of bullshittery.

Iga has been humble in saying if a sequel gets made, it will be significantly cheaper than the first, because they can reuse assets instead of making new ones.

Konami taught him well.

pislit

I really thought that this game was released already. I think I saw that this was having a discount on Steam in one of those publisher deals? Or was it a dream?

Sagroth

I do not agree that the game deserves to bomb. Will it actually do so, though? Well, I think it's very likely to underperform. Threads like this(and the response to them) show us that a vocal segment the folks who are typically the positive ambassadors for the game(in this case, the backers) are so fundamentally upset that they're convincing those less invested but still potentially interested(I am of the latter category) that the whole thing is @$$ and doomed. Whether or not the game plays well, it has an enormous albatross around its neck(the graphics and general dissatisfaction) that'll require majorly good scores from reviewers to counter(and the demo and gameplay thus far show a decent game to many, me included, but nothing amazing).

Simply put: I believe the negative buzz around this game is strong enough to make it DOA unless there's something really special in there that nobody has witnessed yet, and that is extremely unlikely at this point.

Teknoman

I'm just ready to play the full game. The most recent demo was fun, and although it did have a lot of graphic effects and other things that could look a lot better with a few more tweaks, the soundtrack is great and the various dash mechanics make it pretty fast paced, which is perfect in my book. The game actually doesn't look bad in motion. Its not perfect, but not crap either.

All the other media planning was not necessary though, especially when it could have been used to make the first game all it could be. Save that junk for Mighty No.9 sequel if it performed that well.

You want to see a Kickstarter that actually deserves to get talked about? Ask me if I've gotten my Dreamcast version of Pier Solar yet. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Servbot24

Banned
Doesn't it go without saying that pretty much every game will result in a sequel if it's successful? I don't know why people are suddenly offended at Mn9 wanting to continue as a franchise.

OmegaDL50

Lol I've never seen this before. Kamiya gives no fucks about his countrymen.

Unfortunately people use it out of it's intended context. Reading the entire series of tweets comes across as an entirely different message.

Doesn't prevent people using it out of it's original context to make it sound like Kamiya is discrediting Inafune however.

Doesn't it go without saying that pretty much every game will result in a sequel if it's successful? I don't know why people are suddenly offended at Mn9 wanting to continue as a franchise.

Generally, look at Project CARS. SMS announced the 2nd game just before the first one was about to release.

This kind of thing happens a lot. However this comes under more scrutiny with games development is out in the open on crowdfunding campaigns as opposed to a game developed underwraps until it's actual announcement is made to confirm it's existence.

maxcriden

The game is coming out...in just over a month? Is that right? I'm wondering if review copies are being sent out soon, and ... have they continued to stick to this release date? I'm surprised the last couple updates on the official site doesn't specify the continued planned release date. We've gotten hear or see something soon if it really is coming out 2/9.

A sequel seems like a bad idea seeing how Red Ash has shown pretty well that people aren't really that interested in another not-Mega Man game by Inafune.

Red Ash failed not because of what it was, but because people felt that it was a shameless cashgrab considering Mighty No. 9 wasn't even out yet, and should have been by then.

Top Bottom