• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Inafune: Mighty No. 9 amiibo, Mighty No. 9 potential, Red Ash KS failure, etc

Foffy

Banned
I can't wait for the trainwreck.

You do not make a franchise when your core pitch has yet to come out of the door. I can see almost all of this project outright failing.

Almost made it to page 2 without that damn tweet.

But yeah, Inafune.

2479220-1578648373-gw-cl.gif

So rather than just making a game, per se, we definitely want to make a franchise in that sense. Mighty No. 9, I think, has the potential to become something bigger and wider for the audiences, not just for the game audiences, but also for films or animation. We already have announced two [side] projects for Mighty No. 9. As for what’s coming up next, we’ll still keep this thinking process going. And [that's our approach] with every project—we’ll start thinking about the animation and other media at the same time as we plan the game.

They sure like talking about the future of this franchise.

THIS is the number one thing that makes me deeply regret backing this; all of this time and effort to do side projects with an unproven franchise (AND Red Ash on top of it) and you can't even pump out the first game yet? I want off of this roller coaster already.

Foffy

Banned
THIS is the number one thing that makes me deeply regret backing this; all of this time and effort to do side projects with an unproven franchise (AND Red Ash on top of it) and you can't even pump out the first game yet? I want off of this roller coaster already.

Such a contrast between Inafune and Igarashi. One guy is talking about the future of a franchise while the other is gearing up to showcase possible artistic direction with shaders, to see what fans want and like.

Backing Inafune looks to have been a grave mistake for all involved.

dity

At this point it feels like Mighty No. 9 was released ages ago and now they're trying to push merchandise and accessories, but no - it's the other way around. This is so damn weird.

Salbug

Mighty No. 9 news 3 years ago

1044.gif

Mighty No. 9 news now

200.gif

I wouldn't mind if this hypothetical Amiibo gave Mega Man a costume in Smash.

Pretty much this. Is it seriously crazy to think about how the general public's reception to MN9 has done a complete 180 since it's inception?

dity

Pretty much this. Is it seriously crazy to think about how the general public's reception to MN9 has done a complete 180 since it's inception?
Well that's what three years of nothin' but bad news does to a product, unfortunately.

"There’s the Red Ash project, even though the Kickstarter was a failure. But we did get the company Fuse to back us up with the project, at least to a certain point. So we are talking with Fuse and within ourselves, “How can we evolve this project to our end goal?”"

I don't like the sound of that. They said Fuze covered the entire main game so there shouldn't be another kickstater.
There's going to be another kickstater isn't it T_T

Oh, I think it'll be at E3 for sure.

I guess it's possible for it to hit Q3 or late Q2, I'm mostly just worried because we haven't seen much marketing and don't really know what the game itself is like.

Microsoft are pretty lame at showing stuff outside of events I wouldn't worry. Phil Spencer tweeted about it recently and Armature were on the Crackdown extra-life stream they did so it seems like it is progressing alright

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Its hard not to wish total failure on all Mighty No 9 endeavours at this point so that terrible looking knockoff character can just fade away quicker.

But we did get the company Fuse to back us up with the project, at least to a certain point. So we are talking with Fuse and within ourselves, “How can we evolve this project to our end goal?”

Sonuvabitch. Not a hint of irony!

Instead of the amiibo can we just get MN9 finished?

Every since the Red Ash KS its left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not even a megaman fan. I only ever played Mega Man 9 but enjoyed it enough to warrant the backing of the creators spiritual successor.

Is anyone really longing for an amiibo at this point? Down the line when the games done and dusted? Sure! But for the moment it seems there are slightly more pressing matters to attend to Inafune.

massoluk

Banned
May be it's not all totally Capcom's fault after all how Mega Man got screwed.
Please deliver on your first Kickstarter first, pretty please.

Haganeren

Tried the game at Paris Games Week.

Find it really ugly actually but i could pass that, the whole dash mechanic is amusing to be honest but i really want some advanced move like for exemple : Being able to double jump when you successfully dash through an ennemy. It really lack something like that.

Also, with a dash mechanic, boss staying on a big room like Megaman is absurd for me. They should have made them run like in Sonic Advance 2. That way when you dash to hurt the boss, you are not stuck on a side of the room.

So yeah, it wasn't THAT horrible but i wasn't really convinced.

I can get the Inafune hate but he is "only" a business man and as it is, he is quite good at this job ! Know a tons of people, know how to make publicity, is very passionate about that... I have more problem with the developpers which made a game I don't really enjoy that much/

"There’s the Red Ash project, even though the Kickstarter was a failure. But we did get the company Fuse to back us up with the project, at least to a certain point. So we are talking with Fuse and within ourselves, “How can we evolve this project to our end goal?”"

I don't like the sound of that. They said Fuze covered the entire main game so there shouldn't be another kickstater.
There's going to be another kickstater isn't it T_T

It will be something like "we have the base game covered but YOU can vote with your money on extra stages and playable characters!" while the base game is just 1 main char and 4 stages or something shitty.

DrArchon

Every time I think that Inafune and Comcept can't put that cart any farther before the horse, they find a way to move it forward another yard or so.

Guys, can't you just release the game before you start thinking about tie-ins, amiibos, and turning this into your big franchise home-run that you so desperately want? If people like your game, they'll support this stuff. Just focus on making the best game you can.

Didn't Inafune already re-create Megaman with Azure Gunvolt or whatever it was called? That game has its own kind of suck but I don't understand why he just wants to keep re-creating Megaman over and over again.

Dremark

Banned
Didn't Inafune already re-create Megaman with Azure Gunvolt or whatever it was called? That game has its own kind of suck but I don't understand why he just wants to keep re-creating Megaman over and over again.

Inti Creates developed Gunvolt by themselves without anything to do with Inafune unless I'm mistaken.

Salbug

Well that's what three years of nothin' but bad news does to a product, unfortunately.

I hadn't been keeping a close eye on the project, but every now, and then I've seen glimpses of more, and more backlash accumulating, and it's kind of hilariously awkward watching the whole thing fall flat on it's face.

The most interesting part to me is this:

"So right now, the backers' verdict was "no" to Red Ash, but once we have something more to show, something we're proud to show, we might come back to Kickstarter to see what people think at that time."

So that pretty much says they will try again and will have no excuse if they don't show clearly how the game will look and play since they will only show something that they're "proud to show". I still hope that the game ends up being good but we'll see.

Top Bottom