• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming Flash PSN Sale for July 18-20? Sci-Fi themed

METAL GEAR RISING: Revengeance - Ultimate Edition is only $7.50 😃

Deleting my European version (where the DLC isn't free) right now, lol

The Ultimate Edition includes the costume DLC and the story DLC right? But the story DLC is free otherwise...

I'm still leaning towards the physical vanilla edition then. 1.50 more on Amazon and the story DLC is free. What's the benefit to the Ultimate edition otherwise?

Dazzler

would have much preferred a lower price on Alien Isolation without the season pass, no interest in the extra content

Jo-El

I have $29.39 in my Playstation wallet. Borderlands collection is $30. I guess I'll be waiting for the next sale lol

:(

Xeroblade

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1 worth trying for $6 if I have never played? I was talked out of it before but still want to check it out because its talked about.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It still won't work on the PS TV, which is what I wanted.
I don't think the PS3 to Vita transfer works on PS TV, but yeah, sorry about that.

Might've finally given Neptunia ReBirth1 a try, but I just spent $55 on a New 3DS XL at GS and my funds need a week to recover, plus I'm sure it'll be on sale again in the future.....plus I'd rather try "U" considering I don't have much time for RPGs nowadays.

I know, but buying a single story DLC in Europe costs as much as the entire Ultimate Edition in North America, so I'm going for it.

Wicked. I guess my question was just about the advantage over the regular edition. I didn't word it very well.

Fake edit: the DLC, that's free in NA, costs as much as the Ultimate Edition at $7.50?! That's nuts!!

Has anyone played Teslagrad? Is it all pretty tightly designed or are there shitty physics puzzles? The trailer I watched was unclear but I'm interested.

How good is Resonance of Fate? Does it ends on a massive cliffhanger? =P

This is the RoF thread I made insisting that people buy it when it was on sale for $8. If you don't buy it for $5 then you will be the first person I ever set to "ignore" on an internet forum ;)

i put 100hours into that game, really fun. theres tonnnnnns of stuff you can do in the game, you'll never be bored, great indepth gun battles and weapons customization too. No cliff hanger whatsoever. the ending is actually pretty short, shortest for a jrpg ive seen

I don't think the PS3 to Vita transfer works on PS TV

Getting the game on the memory card is not a problem, but it still won't play on the PSTV because Sony checks every game against a whitelist they maintain which tells the game whether to run or not. This list is meant to prevent games from running unless they have contractual permssion to do so from the publisher since the PSTV was not a part of the original PSP agreements. Most publishers have given the okay so their games work, but this is Konami we are talking about so of course PSP games like Gradius and Castlevania Dracula X simply don't work on the PSTV. I long for the day this whitelist is hacked.

Veitsev

Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1 worth trying for $6 if I have never played? I was talked out of it before but still want to check it out because its talked about.

I have only played it for a few minutes but I thought it was at least worth it on a "this is an intentionally bad anime that is very self aware of how bad it is so its funny" level. Have a lot of games to play but I'll go back to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I didn't get far, but honestly, it's a fun game if you're able to deal with the steep learning curve. It doesn't help you have to go onto the world map & find the training place to LEARN how to do battles, which means your first few battles, you're going to be completely confused in the random battles you'll encounter. You'd think for an unique battle system, they would've had a tutorial to teach you the mechanics, not hide it away in the corner of the map.

alienator

i bought the Gradius Collection PSP a few months ago , with the intention of playing it on a PSvita (and now PStv) However, when i downloaded it to my PS3 and booted up the transfer software on the Vita , it would not show the psp game at all in the software list(s).

i could not transfer it to my PSVita.

I endd up getting my first refund in 25 years of sony gaming ;)

What's worth picking up for Vita? Brand new owner of the system (it was literally JUST delivered to my desk via Amazon as I was typing this) and would love to pick some games up during the flash sale.

Hows Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack?

What's worth picking up for Vita? Brand new owner of the system (it was literally JUST delivered to my desk via Amazon as I was typing this) and would love to pick some games up during the flash sale.

Hows Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack?

I played through it when it was one of the initial plus games offered and liked it a lot

randomkid

Getting the game on the memory card is not a problem, but it still won't play on the PSTV because Sony checks every game against a whitelist they maintain which tells the game whether to run or not. This list is meant to prevent games from running unless they have contractual permssion to do so from the publisher since the PSTV was not a part of the original PSP agreements. Most publishers have given the okay so their games work, but this is Konami we are talking about so of course PSP games like Gradius and Castlevania Dracula X simply don't work on the PSTV. I long for the day this whitelist is hacked.

The weird thing is that someone at Konami obviously cares because these games are regularly going on sale. A lot of companies just let their old games sit without a single sale from the beginning, those are the ones to give up on.

Unless it's some kind of hideous contract issue, I think it's a matter of emailing or tweeting or whatever at some Konami dude to get the whitelist setting changed, I think there've actually been a couple of successes in the past when people did that kind of thing for some other games.

Might buy Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1...RPGs are my thing but Anime, not so much.

So about the Gradius Collection - Even if we transfer it over to our Vita via PS3 and then swap out the vita memory card and put it in the PS TV, it still won't work?

i bought the Gradius Collection PSP a few months ago , with the intention of playing it on a PSvita (and now PStv) However, when i downloaded it to my PS3 and booted up the transfer software on the Vita , it would not show the psp game at all in the software list(s).

If you are in Europe, that is unfortunately the case.

But nobody should run into that problem in North America.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I endd up getting my first refund in 25 years of sony gaming ;)
Weird, because I've heard PS3 -> Vita transfer works for this game, similar to Valkyria Chronicles. In fact, someone even uploaded proof to YouTube.

Anyone here that bought the game on sale confirm they got it to work via PS3 -> Vita method?

Is Jamestown beatable if youre not that great at those types of games? I like the genre, but theyre always ridiculously hard.
Im already getting Geometry Wars 3, so maybe I should just stick to that.

Deft Beck

Is Jamestown beatable if youre not that great at those types of games? I like the genre, but theyre always ridiculously hard.

Jamestown has many difficulty levels, so you can adjust it as you see fit. Certain ship types also make the game easier or harder.

Cleve

If I'm not really in to anime but looking for an enjoyable jrpg do ar nosurge or any of the hyperdimension games actually play well enough that I could enjoy them despite the setting?

Yasumi

Banned
Might buy Hyperdimension Neptunia ReBirth1...RPGs are my thing but Anime, not so much.
It's a fairly light RPG filled with self-aware game industry jokes. I got most of my fun out of the dialog and through utilizing the Plan system, opening new maps, collecting materials, and pretty much breaking the game. I think I had ~40+ hours by the time I was done with it? Really enjoyable games if you're fine with sorta low-budgetness.

Can anyone explain what Borderlands exactly is? I know it's a form of FPS/RPG and is supposed to be funny but is it any good? What makes it different?

Do you guys think I will like it? I like FPSs like Killzone 2, COD4 (only one I played maybe I'd like the others) and RPGs like Dark souls/bloodborne. Never could get into first person rugs like fallout or elder scrolls.

androvsky

I'm not good at shmups, but I can get to the last boss with some work. Can't beat it though. I'd say the art and music make it worth playing anyway. If it had come out in the 90's on the Neo Geo or arcade or something it would've been one of those legendary games that people never shut up about. I'd say assume you're not going to beat it and enjoy the first few levels.

Man do I wish it was an RPG somehow.

Jamestown has many difficulty levels, so you can adjust it as you see fit. Certain ship types also make the game easier or harder.
It starts limiting difficulty levels the further you get in. It makes you go back and beat earlier levels on harder difficulty to progress if you had it set too low. If there's any hints on a ship to make it easier, I'm open. I've got most (all?) of them and I've settled on the ship where you can drop the big laser in place as being perfect for the last level, but I still can't quite beat it.

I decided to pick up

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Ultimate Edition. Glad I waited to get this since this comes with all of the DLC

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. Already beat on the 360 but that was years ago and I want to play this again.

Frozen Synapse Prime. Looking forward to playing this on my Vita.

im in canada and i see it, check the weekly deals section on the left hand side of the store

I've been checking on and off and as soon as I went back on that time it popped right up on the left. lol

Bought Borderlands, Geometry Wars 3 and Nom Nom Galaxy. Great deals. After playing GW3 on Vita since it's free for Plus it will be nice to play it with a more stable framerate.

Top Bottom