• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Incoming PSN Flash Sale (United States)

If the Devil May Cry 4: SE Demon Hunter Bundle is the same as the Steam bundle, all the DLC it comes with (minus the game) is a more expensive total than that sale price.

D-Man

How good is Transistor? I see it for 5 bucks and heard good things, but I wanna see what the general consensus is before I bite.

REDSLATE

How many people would want more than 5 games at the same time? 8GB is more than enough. You and your passing urges are in the minority here.

You're joking, right? This is just like the HDD upgrade threads all over again...
"xxx GB is more than enough!"

Like hell it is! Words of Wisdom: Don't settle, get the best.

Is Mega Man Legends just good for those with nostalgia for it, or can someone here who only played either it recently recommend it? I'm inclined to get it just because it as devoted fans, but I've also seen a lot of opinions that challenge this game and say it does not hold up to today's standards well at all, and is too clunky of a 3D transition to age well, like Ocarina of Time does, for example.

I really don't need to spend any money right now but since Amnesia Memories is digital only and I want more VNs I guess I'll go with that, along with Bastion. Hope I like them!

Is Mega Man Legends just good for those with nostalgia for it, or can someone here who only played either it recently recommend it? I'm inclined to get it just because it as devoted fans, but I've also seen a lot of opinions that challenge this game and say it does not hold up to today's standards well at all, and is too clunky of a 3D transition to age well, like Ocarina of Time does, for example.

The game on sale is a fantastic sequel and has stood the test of time a lot better than Mega Man Legends. Like someone else here said, if you really don't care about playing through the story of the original, watch an LP or even cutscenes of Mega Man Legends 1, and then go ahead and play Legends 2. 2 aged a lot better primarily because of better controls (ability to use the Vita/PS3 thumbsticks naturally without having to map), though there are other factors such as better designed boss battles.

I'm many years overdue to play the Legends games so I'm going to get MML and MML 2 now while the second game is on sale, will save either way. Then think I will get Soldner X. Still undecided on what else to get. I'd rather play the SNES version of FF VI because I'm a purist. How does FF V stack up against other versions like the PSP and GBA ports?

RTHxTO4.jpg

Pretty happy, work 13 shifts this fortnight, will keep me busy

Noogy

Teslagrad ain't great. Physics puzzles but the physics don't work consistently making shit very hard and awkward to pass. Most of the time you just fuck about until your solution happens to fall into place.

I sort of loved Teslagrad, but it was more about the presentation and aesthetics than the actual gameplay. Some parts were needlessly difficult...that said it was one of my favorite games that year. Absolutely loved the world they created.

WoodWERD

Well, Yorbie is pretty disappointing after one level. Boring mechanics and terrible one liners in a dudebro voice. "I don't speak robot" when your character is in fact a robot. I'm playing solo but maybe it's more fun in co-op? Save your hard earned 80 cents haha.

I was with you until you mentioned ocarina. Played that game for the first time only a few years ago and it was still incredible

netguy503

Well, Yorbie is pretty disappointing after one level. Boring mechanics and terrible one liners in a dudebro voice. "I don't speak robot" when your character is in fact a robot. I'm playing solo but maybe it's more fun in co-op? Save your hard earned 80 cents haha.

Hey, that extra 80 cents could help you get more of PS plus time now.

Tanston

Picked up Dust, I had just finished getting platinum on Odin Sphere and needed more actiony rpg sidescroller goodness.

Also picked up dark cloud 2, can't remember if I had played it back in the ps2 days or if it was part 1 I was thinking of, don't have many expectations. Is it a save anywhere type of jrpg? Or not so much? I tend to complete games that are save anywhere as I game in small chunks these days.

I was with you until you mentioned ocarina. Played that game for the first time only a few years ago and it was still incredible

Woops, sorry. Guess I phrased that kind of awkwardly. I meant that I had heard/was worried Megaman Legends may be a 3D transition that does not age well unlike Ocarina of Time, which does.

DonMigs85

I have to say Table Top Racing WT is growing on me. It does get repetitive, but it looks nice, has plenty of hidden shortcuts/coins and has decent music. If they do add split screen one day it'll be superior to Beach Buggy Racing.

Top Bottom